PDA

View Full Version : Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

J.D.
11-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Ya, the whole thing was def started by whatever that UMass player did to set off Fitz. I didn't see it but the ref certainly did as he DQed him.

J.D.
11-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Anyway, speed, speed, speed. It makes opponents nervous. Wood and White can absolutely fly. It is a huge factor and not just offensively. White turned on the burners in offensive zone and broke up what looked like a potential UMass rush with ease at the defensive blue line. Wood is burning down the left wing multiple times per game. And people are getting him the puck on the breakout.

sterlippo1
11-04-2015, 02:12 PM
And we put up six goals when I did. I'm going to continue to do that until further notice. :p

you and your superstitions!

umass is such a miserable program

they should get temple'd out of hockey east

ya, i would trade our miserable football program with their's right now in a heart beat.

theprofromdover
11-04-2015, 03:29 PM
you changed your seat last night :(

He said he had to get away from the chatterbox next to him!

FiveHole12
11-04-2015, 08:55 PM
Haha... not so. I went up to sit with my buddy to chat between periods and before I knew it the 2nd period started.
1:33 later... GOAL! Couldn't move back then. :D

boblav1
11-04-2015, 10:07 PM
iacobellis gets one game suspension for high sticking.
http://www.uscho.com/2015/11/04/hockey-east-hands-down-one-game-suspension-to-massachusetts-senior-steven-iacobellis-for-high-sticking-incident/

sterlippo1
11-05-2015, 06:17 AM
iacobellis gets one game suspension for high sticking.
http://www.uscho.com/2015/11/04/hockey-east-hands-down-one-game-suspension-to-massachusetts-senior-steven-iacobellis-for-high-sticking-incident/

wow, thanks for posting. That means Fitzgerald gets nothing then as they would have mentioned him as well i would think

FiveHole12
11-05-2015, 06:44 AM
wow, thanks for posting. That means Fitzgerald gets nothing then as they would have mentioned him as well i would think
No. Fitzgerald will sit Friday (as will UMass's Ben Gallacher for Spearing). They both got a Game Disqualification on the initial call and that is an automatic 1 game suspension.

Iacobellis initially got a 5:00 Game Misconduct, which does not come with a game suspension. Apparently, after further review by the commish's office, they determined the severity of the high stick was worthy of a game suspension as well.

Box Score (http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes16.php?mbc_uma1.n03)

FiveHole12
11-05-2015, 06:50 AM
Just a FYI... if Fitz gets another Game DQ, he will sit two games next time.
A third DQ gets him a 3 game suspension.
A 4th DQ... season over.

That's why he has to rein in his emotions. Take a number and get pay back later, within the rules.

sterlippo1
11-05-2015, 07:17 AM
No. Fitzgerald will sit Friday (as will UMass's Ben Gallacher for Spearing). They both got a Game Disqualification on the initial call and that is an automatic 1 game suspension.

Iacobellis initially got a 5:00 Game Misconduct, which does not come with a game suspension. Apparently, after further review by the commish's office, they determined the severity of the high stick was worthy of a game suspension as well.

Box Score (http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes16.php?mbc_uma1.n03)

oh, ok, thanks. I think i knew that at one time:o

sterlippo1
11-05-2015, 07:18 AM

he actually had my mild mannered friend next to him, i talked HIS friend's ear off on the other hand;)

J.D.
11-05-2015, 10:03 AM
If any of you saw the iacobellis high stick, wow. Really not sure what that guy was thinking. It was away from the fitz/gallacher incident.

all bear
11-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Just a FYI... if Fitz gets another Game DQ, he will sit two games next time.
A third DQ gets him a 3 game suspension.
A 4th DQ... season over.

That's why he has to rein in his emotions. Take a number and get pay back later, within the rules.
I can see from you hacks we will have to resurrect Preston Ryan for this weekend games just to be fair

Nick Papagiorgio
11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
If any of you saw the iacobellis high stick, wow. Really not sure what that guy was thinking. It was away from the fitz/gallacher incident.

You know it's funny I said to my dad when BC opened the game up at 4-0 that UMass was going to start getting dirty. They didn't even have time to before it was 5-0. But not long after that, sure enough, things escalated. I would expect something like that from Merrimack but UMass historically takes their beatings reasonably well.

Salvo1017
11-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I would expect something like that from Merrimack

Oh boy, here we go. :p

FiveHole12
11-05-2015, 12:09 PM
Oh boy, here we go. :p
They don't call you MerryHack for nuthin'. :D

Salvo1017
11-05-2015, 01:06 PM

haha I acknowledge we've had a history, although I think the squad has done a lot to change that in the past decade. It's a much different team than the 90s and early 00s.

mookie1995
11-05-2015, 01:47 PM

as long as they don't call you needled!ck!

Cross Check
11-05-2015, 02:22 PM
You know it's funny I said to my dad when BC opened the game up at 4-0 that UMass was going to start getting dirty. They didn't even have time to before it was 5-0. But not long after that, sure enough, things escalated. I would expect something like that from Merrimack but UMass historically takes their beatings reasonably well.

Right after the incident happened, but before the refs went to the scorers and assessed the penalties, I opined to a fellow season ticket holder that there was a lot of time left in the game (about 8 minutes left in the second), and that I thought the refs were going to put their foot down hard right then to make sure the game didn't get further out of control. They certainly did with 3 game DQ, and subsequently the game did not degenerate into a bloodbath. I'm glad they did what they did.

As for Fitzgerald, regardless of the UMass cheapshot, he completely lost his mind there, and he's gotta learn to control his emotions better. He's a bit of a hothead and they really could use him Friday instead of him watching from the stands in a suit, but hopefully he learns from this.

theprofromdover
11-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Right after the incident happened, but before the refs went to the scorers and assessed the penalties, I opined to a fellow season ticket holder that there was a lot of time left in the game (about 8 minutes left in the second), and that I thought the refs were going to put their foot down hard right then to make sure the game didn't get further out of control. They certainly did with 3 game DQ, and subsequently the game did not degenerate into a bloodbath. I'm glad they did what they did.

As for Fitzgerald, regardless of the UMass cheapshot, he completely lost his mind there, and he's gotta learn to control his emotions better. He's a bit of a hothead and they really could use him Friday instead of him watching from the stands in a suit, but hopefully he learns from this.

People are overlooking the fact that Fitzgerald's penalty was the first for BC in the game.