Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

Solid home win tonight. Nice to see them put 5 on the board. Let's bring the brooms tomorrow.

Remember, not having a video board all of this time means that it's going to take some time to fine tune and use it well on gamedays..
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Solid home win tonight. Nice to see them put 5 on the board. Let's bring the brooms tomorrow.

Remember, not having a video board all of this time means that it's going to take some time to fine tune and use it well on gamedays..
      The board did serve to point out the obvious missed call on the hit on Mullin. So I liked the board. The refs? Considerably less so

Comment

Good game all around. I think any night you get 3 goals from defensemen is a good night. Definitely think people need to just be happy the board is up and give the operators a few months working with things before it starts to become a smooth operation. Morleys hit was ugly. Plain dirty. You could say he may have thought Mullin was going to get a pass but when you leave your feet, shoulder to head, that intent to hit someone hard, to make it hurt. Going for that BIG hit. Clean Big is one thing, but that was dirty in my opinion. Hopefully Mullin is ok.
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Glad to see them string a bunch of W's together after that pretty disappointing start!

Can't wait to see the new video board!

Comment

Speaking of the new video board, when they transition between live video and other stuff, a Maverick-like logo with the letters "MHW" appears. Does anybody know what MHW stands for?
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              Speaking of the new video board, when they transition between live video and other stuff, a Maverick-like logo with the letters "MHW" appears. Does anybody know what MHW stands for?
              Maverick Hockey Weekend. It's what Bethany Lutheran calls their production of the MSU hockey games, and the video board is just taking the live television feed.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Maverick Hockey Weekend. It's what Bethany Lutheran calls their production of the MSU hockey games, and the video board is just taking the live television feed.
                Thanks. Since I'm always at the games, I've never watched their TV production. Nobody around me knew either.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                  Thanks. Since I'm always at the games, I've never watched their TV production. Nobody around me knew either.
                  They do a pretty nice review of each game (Here's Saturday's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iog-I22_wkw ) Usually they're like this length-wise at about 6-7 minutes. But I agree - They don't market it that well, and it isn't even particularly easy to find on YouTube. For this one, I had to put in Minnesota State, Alaska, and hockey, and limit search to the last week before I could find this

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                    They do a pretty nice review of each game (Here's Saturday's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iog-I22_wkw ) Usually they're like this length-wise at about 6-7 minutes. But I agree - They don't market it that well, and it isn't even particularly easy to find on YouTube. For this one, I had to put in Minnesota State, Alaska, and hockey, and limit search to the last week before I could find this
                    Search 'WCHA Hockey' on YouTube, then click on the WCHA's video channel. All the highlight videos get uploaded there.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      Thanks for the link. I didn't know about these. Lo and behold, there's me moving from center to left on the screen right at the very beginning of the video.

Comment

Well that was ugly. Not going to win many games giving up 6 goals. Not going to blame goalies on every goal but there are a few that needed to be stopped. We need someone to step up between the pipes.
                        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                          Well that was ugly. Not going to win many games giving up 6 goals. Not going to blame goalies on every goal but there are a few that needed to be stopped. We need someone to step up between the pipes.
                          Fewer penalties would help, too. But yes, one of the goalies needs to step up and win the job.

Comment

Well a split is great but there are definitely some areas that need to be cleaned up. Penalties and power play. That said I thought there were some phantom calls for both sides tonight. Looking forward to next weekends games.

Comment

What is the status on Margonari.

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
                                What is the status on Margonari.
                                I'd be surprised if he's ready. He still was in a walking boot two weeks ago. To a non-medical mind that seems pretty quick.maybe I'm wrong though.
                                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Working...
                                X