Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mankato @ St. Cloud: Anybody Care?

Its almost Wednesday. Justin sayin'...
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: Mankato @ St. Cloud: Anybody Care?

I care, but I'm still depressed from last weekend.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
      I care, but I'm still depressed from last weekend.
      Amen. Give me something to excited about, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
        Amen. Give me something to excited about, guys!
        These two programs getting together doesn't do it for you? Ok then...
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          These two programs getting together doesn't do it for you? Ok then...
          As the old relationship line goes, It's not you, it's me. The way we've played though our exhibition and first 2 games, it's hard for me to get all fired up about watching us. It's a great matchup, but the strong possibility of being 0-4 and maybe another 2 goal (or less) weekend puts a bit of a damper on the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
            As the old relationship line goes, It's not you, it's me. The way we've played though our exhibition and first 2 games, it's hard for me to get all fired up about watching us. It's a great matchup, but the strong possibility of being 0-4 and maybe another 2 goal (or less) weekend puts a bit of a damper on the whole thing.
            Wow, demoralized this much after one weekend?

MSU is going to be good this year, but they just caught some bad breaks against UNO. I think this will be a great series and may have to wander over to the Herb to watch on Sat.
            UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Huskies sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Its almost Wednesday. Justin sayin'...
                Who's Justin? Fletcher?
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                  Wow, demoralized this much after one weekend?
                  It's two weekends. The Canadian school that you guys spanked came in and beat us as well. Long time MSU fans are sort of like abused spouses; we've come to believe that we don't deserve to be treated well, and are always expecting a return to the beatings.
                  My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                    It's two weekends. The Canadian school that you guys spanked came in and beat us as well. Long time MSU fans are sort of like abused spouses; we've come to believe that we don't deserve to be treated well, and are always expecting a return to the beatings.
                    UNO lost their exhibition last year and went to the Frozen Four (only to be pasted). A lot of hockey to play and there's always the autobid
                    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                      UNO lost their exhibition last year and went to the Frozen Four (only to be pasted). A lot of hockey to play and there's always the autobid
                      Also, while we did beat Alberta, it was 4-1 after one. That game was close the last two periods so the score is a little misleading.
                      I expect Kato to come out hungry.
                      If the Huskies can weather that and pot one early, it could be a long weekend for the Mavs
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I expect that at some point in the next couple weekends that the floodgates open for msu. I don't know if it happens this weekend, but this will be a potent offense imo. The goal scorers were off all weekend and missing nets left and right. Remember msu also had 4 posts and 2 waved off goals against uno.

I don't know enough about scsu this year to make any prefictions, but the mavs will be ok. This is still a very talented team overall.
                        Last edited by Bale; 10-16-2015, 03:19 PM.
                        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

So, I don't have FSN+ or a subscription to NCHC tv. Any ideas on how I can watch the games?
                          I have wcha tv, but they don't cover interconference games.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick2009 View Post
                            So, I don't have FSN+ or a subscription to NCHC tv. Any ideas on how I can watch the games?
                            I have wcha tv, but they don't cover interconference games.
                            You don't want to see this anyway.

Comment

Huggins is apparently not going to be the answer. Williams recovered from a bad sophomore year. Huggins not so much. Not that it matters when you can't score.

Comment

Working...
                              X