Ohio State vs Minnesota 10/16 - 10/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota 10/16 - 10/17

After getting swept by #3 Wisconsin by scores of 7-0 and 8-0, things do not get any easier as Ohio State returns home to face #1 Minnesota. Sunday's 8-0 loss was shown on BIG Ten Network and if the video was any indication, Coach Jenny Potter was not happy with the play of her team. With that series in the rear view mirror, I am sure the coaching staff and team will work very hard this week to improve, and hopefully, make a better showing this weekend. Those of us who are Ohio State Hockey fans need to be patient and trust the process. Coach Jenny Potter is going to get this program to the next level, but it is not going to happen overnight. There will be bumps in the road like last weekend's games. For those making the trip down from Minnesota, Friday's game is a 6:07 EST start. Saturday's game starts at 2:07 EST. Parking may be a bit dicey for Saturday's game as the OSU Football Team is home vs Penn State. That game is a night game, but OSU fans like their tailgating, so it might be a little tougher finding a parking spot near the OSU Ice Rink. Here is more information on the parking situation.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/tic...l-parking.html

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota 10/16 - 10/17

Neither SCSU or OSU got any favors from the schedulers this year. You just have to hope that a trial by fire makes them stronger and doesn't melt them.

Comment

I wonder if Jincy Dunne is going to play.

Comment

KTDC, If I knew when Jincy would be back, I would share the information, but I am not even sure about her injury. It would be nice to see her get on the ice soon! Ne7minder, your point is a valid one. Hopefully for us, it's the former (makes them stronger). That is definitely a brutal stretch, playing Wisconsin, then Minnesota back-to-back. No offense to Lindenwood, but that series didn't exactly prepare us for the next two opponents on our schedule, that's for sure! I think Jenny Potter is going to do great things here and I am going to enjoy the journey, even though we may have some lopsided losses like the past weekend. I trust this coaching staff, and having been to a few practices, I know how hard the girls work. We have great kids, and they will improve as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          I think Jenny Potter is going to do great things here and I am going to enjoy the journey, even though we may have some lopsided losses like the past weekend. I trust this coaching staff, and having been to a few practices, I know how hard the girls work. We have great kids, and they will improve as the season goes on.
          I can never forgive her betrayal but the WCHA could use more good teams that play the game the right way so I am pulling for OSU. They were not bad last year despite all the goon stuff so I hope this year is a breakthrough for them in both aspects.

Comment

For those attending Saturday's game, I just received the following message from the OSU ticket office.

"The spots adjacent to the OSU Ice Rink will not be available. You will be able to park in any day of game lot for $15.00. Please click on or copy and paste the following link for the gameday parking map. http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/osu/tic...arking-map.pdf

Sincerely,
            Lily

The OSU Ticket Office
            OHIO STATE ATHLETIC TICKET OFFICE
            1020 Schottenstein Center | 555 Borror Dr. | Columbus, OH 43210
            T 1-800-GOBUCKS
            F 614.688.3032
            athletic.tix@osu.edu
            Ohiostatebuckeyes.com/tickets
            www.twitter.com/OhioStateTix"

I think this is ridiculous, making people pay the football parking price for a women's hockey game.

Comment

...That is definitely a brutal stretch, playing Wisconsin, then Minnesota back-to-back. No offense to Lindenwood, but that series didn't exactly prepare us for the next two opponents on our schedule, that's for sure!
              Last weekend Lindenwood traveled East, and beat UNH and Northeastern by matching 4-2 scores. Makes our sweep on opening weekend look better; and suggests real improvement for Lindenwood.

I think Jenny Potter is going to do great things here and I am going to enjoy the journey, even though we may have some lopsided losses like the past weekend. I trust this coaching staff, and having been to a few practices, I know how hard the girls work. We have great kids, and they will improve as the season goes on.
              While there's no sugarcoating 15-nil, I share your optimism and agree with the above.

Comment

The spots adjacent to the OSU Ice Rink will not be available.
                For those not familiar, particularly visiting fans, our usual lot becomes disability parking on Football Saturdays.

You will be able to park in any day of game lot for $15.00. Please click on or copy and paste the following link for the gameday parking map. http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/osu/tic...arking-map.pdf...I think this is ridiculous, making people pay the football parking price for a women's hockey game.
                If you're just talking about the rights and wrongs of the situation, of course you're correct. But as a practical matter, how would you set up a free lot? Or even a discounted lot? Because our admission is free, our fans don't have tickets to prove they're attending the hockey game. If you did decide to set up a small free lot, it would be taken over by Football fans, delighted with the bargain they found.

Comment

OSU is fortunate as UM won't run up the sog or try and score in the 3rd period like UW did, the rodents are merciful, Badgers are not.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    OSU is fortunate as UM won't run up the sog or try and score in the 3rd period like UW did, the rodents are merciful, Badgers are not.
                    Look at that. One series to go from having reservations about scoring to full of yourself cocky.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      UM won't run up the sog or try and score in the 3rd period like UW did, the rodents are merciful, Badgers are not.

The third period is so yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        Look at that. One series to go from having reservations about scoring to full of yourself cocky.
                        And in addition, touting the Emily Clark 1 on 5 "highlight reel" goal. I watched the video expecting something great. What I came away with was how the only way Ohio State could have played that any worse was if all 5 players had fallen down allowing Clark an unabated path to their goal. It wasn't far off from that as only #8 tried to engage her and that was after Clark had picked up the puck on her side of the neutral zone and had a free skate well into Ohio State's zone (about the top of the face-0ff circles). If I want to watch that kind of highlight I can go watch any number of BC scoring gifs with disengaged players impersonating pylons.
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I would say that all 6 OSU players took a shift off on Clark's goal!

I don't know what is more embarrassing for an opponent, watching a team play pass the puck during a full period or having them play full out and run the score. I suppose both are embarrassing however one doesn't look as bad on the score sheet! It boils down to what you learn from it.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            For those not familiar, particularly visiting fans, our usual lot becomes disability parking on Football Saturdays.

If you're just talking about the rights and wrongs of the situation, of course you're correct. But as a practical matter, how would you set up a free lot? Or even a discounted lot? Because our admission is free, our fans don't have tickets to prove they're attending the hockey game. If you did decide to set up a small free lot, it would be taken over by Football fans, delighted with the bargain they found.
                            I understand what you are saying, but in the past, we told them we were there for women's hockey and they let us in without charging us the $15. I think that is an inordinate amount of money to charge fans to park for a women's hockey game, JMHO.

Comment

Looks like Ohio State still uses College Sports Live...and you can get both games for ten bucks total with a monthly subscription.

Cancelled five minutes after game two ends.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X