This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Exhibition games are done. Now they count in the standings. Down to Ferris State for two big WCHA games.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

95 seasons and not even a patch... Jersey guy is sad, but I guess I'll still support the team anyway.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
      95 seasons and not even a patch... Jersey guy is sad, but I guess I'll still support the team anyway.
      Ryan J
      Don't feel too bad. To my knowledge, LSSU hasn't done much of anything for their 50th season. We'll probably see something on the game programs, but the jerseys were devoid of any recognition during last week's exhibition games.
      Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Happy thanksgiving to all our Canadian players and their families.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

And Happy Columbus Day to all of us that were "discovered" back in 1492.
          Maybe someday I'll be able to run into a new planet and just claim it as mine because I say so...
          Ryan J

Comment

Tech wins two exhibition games, half of the teams in front of them in the polls lose or haven't played a game yet and Tech drops.
            Yep, polls are still worthless.
            Ryan J

Comment

Tech wins two exhibition games, half of the teams in front of them in the polls lose or haven't played a game yet and Tech drops.
              Yep, polls are still worthless.
              Ryan J
              Thought the same thing. Even if the games don't count in the standings, they were still played and give somewhat of a gauge of the team you have.
              Yeah....polls are a waste. Just something for folks to talk about.

Comment

Not having a green check next to this makes it hard to find...
                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                  Not having a green check next to this makes it hard to find...
                  I just started the thread because the regular season starts this weekend. (I have a hard time finding it myself). If someone wants to start a new one that is fine, but I hope it would read about the 95th season....maybe start with MTU, making it easier to find.

Comment

Ryan J
                    Maybe because 95 isn't a real special number..... Its more of a "get back to me when you hit triple digits" kind of anniversary. We don't need to make a big deal every 5 years when we've been around for 95.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Maybe because 95 isn't a real special number..... Its more of a "get back to me when you hit triple digits" kind of anniversary. We don't need to make a big deal every 5 years when we've been around for 95.
                      yeah, we're talking decades for anniversaries now...maybe 125 and 175 but 95 isn't special per say.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        yeah, we're talking decades for anniversaries now...maybe 125 and 175 but 95 isn't special per say.
                        Let the Pedo States and Arizona States of the world worry about petty anniversaries on the "fives".
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                          I just started the thread because the regular season starts this weekend. (I have a hard time finding it myself). If someone wants to start a new one that is fine, but I hope it would read about the 95th season....maybe start with MTU, making it easier to find.
                          Oh, new thread is perfectly fine! I just hadn't posted yet and nothing to say. So I posted that to get a green check for me
                          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

So guys, tell me if I'm wrong about the players in the photo posted today by MTU.

For reference:
                            http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...2015-16/roster

As the THG tweet above says my best guess on lines is:
                            Heinonen-Neville-Gould
                            Baltus-Lucchini-Petan
                            Boeing-Eick-Sturos
                            Jackson-Blacklock-Gillies
                            Extra: L'Esperance (very likely that L'Esperance fits in there somewhere, possibly instead of Gillies or Jackson)
                            Not traveling: Vallis, E. Anderson, P. Anderson, Steman (surprised by this one)

Watson-Roy
                            Hanna-Birks
                            Auk-Leibinger
                            Extra: Davis
                            Not traveling: Hyland

Phillips
                            Extra: Wintjes
                            Not traveling: Kero
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

^ That picture at the bridge is awesome. I wish we'd do that when we play the Yooper schools.
                              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X