This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Man, some really unlucky goals already this season. The first NMU goal last Friday off the glass and tonight off the Zamboni door, feel sorry for Jamie because they hit his GAA and SV% even though they absolutely haven't been his fault.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Ferris just getting luckier on the lucky breaks than we are, neither team particularly outplaying the other, fairly even game other than the lucky breaks.

Comment

• is there a typo or did you guys just score three goals in less than a minute? Wow

Comment

Nice job to tie it up in the second but a mistake at the end to give Ferris the lead again.

Comment

Wow. Great job by Jamie to come up with that huge save. Saved the game and gave Malcolm the opportunity to win it.

This team has got to stop the own zone turnovers and play stronger in front of Jamie.
            Not pretty but a good win. Solid comeback and response to the adversity they faced early on with those awful breaks against.

Nice 1st goal by Matt Roy.

Comment

Tech really struggled with that system that Ferris used with 4 guys at the offensive blue line and all hunting turnovers.

We did better as the game went on.Ferris ran out of gas a the end it seemed to me.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Refs must've been choking on their whistles all night. Been awhile since I've seen zero penalties called in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Refs must've been choking on their whistles all night. Been awhile since I've seen zero penalties called in a game.
                  Coach Pearson was complimentary of the refs. I thought it was fairly reffed, but there was an awful lot of interference going on.Especially in our defensive zone.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

What a great game to be at. Make a huge stop on a breakaway. Go down the other way and score a goal to win it in OT...and the crowd goes wild.
                    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                    2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      Coach Pearson was complimentary of the refs. I thought it was fairly reffed, but there was an awful lot of interference going on.Especially in our defensive zone.
                      As long as reffing was consistent, I won't criticize. If there is interference on both sides, but not called, so be it.

Didn't hear the game, just throwing a couple pennies in the mix.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Especially with us. We've never needed directions to the penalty box.

Nice win, gentlemen.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                          What a great game to be at. Make a huge stop on a breakaway. Go down the other way and score a goal to win it in OT...and the crowd goes wild.
                          I was really impressed with Mcdonald on Ferris. The Lesperance-Eick-Boeing sure created a lot of opportunities tonight even though they didn't get rewarded. Amazing That arguably tech's top 2 Centers are out and they still pulled this off! Ferris was buzzing and it was a fairly even game.

Comment

That was an extremely even game, Ferris is not a bad team at all, they caused lots of issues for us in our own end especially on breakouts forcing a lot of turnovers. With how chippy the series was in Big Rapids I was amazed there were no penalties tonight, and really there wasn't anything major missed. Both teams played good and disciplined hockey, far from mistake free on our end but overall just an excellent game to watch. Hopefully tomorrow is a good game too.

Comment

12 career games at the center position stood out to me, didn't realize that

Mel's postgame:
                              We didn't have our best game, but found a way to get a W
                              a ton of credit to Jamie, huge saves at critical times
                              Real good start, then bad break with puck hitting zamboni door
                              12 career games at center ice position, centers did excellent job, got better at faceoffs
                              we're a little too loosey goosey, have to get GAA down
                              Way too many turnovers, we have to get better at that
                              No penalties, refs did a great job, they were not a factor, called the game consistently, both teams good clean hockey
                              Roy, 1st career goal, hadn't had many goals from Dmen
                              E. Anderson settled down in his 1st game, a lot of pressure, did some good things, used his size/stregnth well
                              Great crowd tonight

Comment

Twice now I've seen Brett Boeing give a little shot to an opposing player after a Huskies goal. I hope these are just isolated incidents and don't speak to his character.

Comment

Working...
                                X