This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Big W - wish we didnt' have a bye this weekend.

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
    We were ready to play, good 1st period and kept going
    1st star is crowd, bad weather, Packers playing, fans were supporting our team
    Gould's best game in a long time
    Steman adds some defensive play and speed to that line
    We moved our feet, concentrated a little bit better, Blacklock & P. Anderson added some fresh legs
    Better on faceoffs and that was key for puck possession
    We'll work on some things in by week, so we're ready for BGSU
    Credit again to the fans, but shouldn't be surprised it's the Copper County and we love living up here

Comment

I thought this was a good column on the John Scott situation and how John got the short end of the stick after handling it all so well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...pt-john-scott#

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
        Is this a recent addition to the rule book? I have not heard of this and Tech played the entire 2012-13 season without the WCHA logo on any of their jerseys. The blacks were only used that one season and never got the WCHA logo. The whites got the WCHA logo added for the 2013-14 season when the new logo was released.
        Ryan J
        This policy iirc coincided with realignment, and was part of the effort to emphasize the presence of the league. I'm a little fuzzy on what the penalty would be for non-compliance. The pristine look of the '62 throwbacks is one of the best things about it, I agree with Mel that the conference logo should be left off which emphasizes that it's a special occasion look.

Comment

Is this a recent addition to the rule book? I have not heard of this and Tech played the entire 2012-13 season without the WCHA logo on any of their jerseys. The blacks were only used that one season and never got the WCHA logo. The whites got the WCHA logo added for the 2013-14 season when the new logo was released.
          Ryan J
          This policy iirc coincided with realignment, and was part of the effort to emphasize the presence of the league. I'm a little fuzzy on what the penalty would be for non-compliance. The pristine look of the '62 throwbacks is one of the best things about it, I agree with Mel that the conference logo should be left off which emphasizes that it's a special occasion look.

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
            This is just awful.
            "Scott's removal from the equation confirms what fans were trying to prove with the vote anyway: the fan vote doesn't matter. The bottom line, and the marquee players that bring in eyes and cash do. Whatever legitimacy the NHL All-Star Game had left is now sabotaged beyond repair.

"Most importantly, the NHL failed Scott. They took a surprisingly heartwarming moment and story for the sport and obliterated it out of pettiness and pride for a fake hockey game, causing real-life consequences for a low-paid player and his growing family.
            Fans may have started this debacle, but the NHL made sure they looked like the villains by the end of it."

Bettman continues to be a money grubbing ****-ant and giving the FU to anyone he can along the way.
            This is a sickening bull**** power-play for their own gross mistake and error. For a meaningless charade of a game. What a low life piece of bottom-feeding scum you are Gary.

This might just be the last memory of the NHL I have. If this is the way he wants to treat the fans and players over the NHL's oversight, he will continue to shrink the fan base. He doesn't need my hard earned money.

Comment

Michigan Tech will have a new logo, script and lettering next year.

I'd guess the script would be a small tweak...or hopefully getting rid of Michigan Tech in the script.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post

I'd guess the script would be a small tweak...or hopefully getting rid of Michigan Tech in the script.
                What are you talking about? Michigan Tech is gone from the script, has been for awhile.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  What are you talking about? Michigan Tech is gone from the script, has been for awhile.
                  on the jerseys but not on logos that school sells.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Ok, who has the scoop, let's see our new logo. Better yet, let's see our new jerseys!
                    Ryan J
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Ok, who has the scoop, let's see our new logo. Better yet, let's see our new jerseys!
                      Ryan J
                      Time for change. The piano dog is a little outdated...right?
                      MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                      2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        Ryan J
                        I'd bet they'll keep the ones they have. There's no Michigan Tech wording nor piano dog. I'd guess the husky script will be kept with slight changes.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCG_WJ75zC4

John Scott speaks.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I would hope that they're making the move back to the script "Huskies" across the entire brand portfolio. If so, it will be great.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I would hope that they're making the move back to the script "Huskies" across the entire brand portfolio. If so, it will be great.
                              Baaahhh! You old people and all your "traditions". We need four new jersey designs to drive revenue for the team. (We can't just keep raising the price of parking and nachos...) In the spirit of compromise, I will allow ONE "Huskies" jersey design to keep the "far side" of the rink happy.
                              *Tap, tap tap*
                              Ryan J

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                                Time for change. The piano dog is a little outdated...right?
                                I would be cool with dumping Piano Dog.... IF.... we get another logo/mascot.
                                Ryan J

Comment

Working...
                                X