X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    That arena is an embarrassment to the league.
    And to Ferris State! Our local high school rink is a pole barn and it has a higher ceiling!

Comment

from Mel Pearson Show:

Dylan Steman is out 4-6 weeks (injured in Laurentian series).
      Dane Birks held out precautionary after tweaking something on Friday.
      Joel L'Esperance had some blurry vision after the hit by Anselmini. Has some tests early this week and reevaluate after.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I can't think of another series of games that has had more implications than this next 5 weekends. These teams are all a bit down in the power, so a loss really hurts you, with maybe the exception of BGSU and even then if we want to get in, we have to beat them.

Crossing my fingers on L'esperance and hoping Steman comes back fully healthy and catches fire right away.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
          You were pretty close to being spot on. I'm sure it will be stiff competition for playing time on that 4th line this year. Steman must be hurt because I would think he's an automatic every weekend.
          Hey please check your rep on http://board.uscho.com/usercp.php and drop me an email if you're interested in helping with THG in any way. I'd appreciate some feedback one way or the other on here if you're not interested?

Thanks
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I was trolling the Interwebs this morning for new jerseys to acquire and came across this image. It was posted at a jersey prototype design site for fans. I would endorse either of these designs, but not sure if the round logo works well as a shoulder patch. I really like the center stripe with the round crest but I would skip the shoulder patches on that jersey... unless it says "95th Season". Yeah, yeah I know.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Not hockey related, but does anyone notice how long it takes to load the main page from this website? (uscho) or is it just my computer?
              MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
              2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                I was trolling the Interwebs this morning for new jerseys to acquire and came across this image. It was posted at a jersey prototype design site for fans. I would endorse either of these designs, but not sure if the round logo works well as a shoulder patch. I really like the center stripe with the round crest but I would skip the shoulder patches on that jersey... unless it says "95th Season". Yeah, yeah I know.

Ryan J

What site?
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: jerseys: the gold one is too gold. Need some counter-balance in there (hence why I went with the black/gold AIC from you).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                    Not hockey related, but does anyone notice how long it takes to load the main page from this website? (uscho) or is it just my computer?
                    It seems to load fine for me.

I'm really looking forward to the games this weekend. I've had conflicts the first two weekends, so haven't watched the team yet. Really looking forward to see how the freshmen play.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      What site?
                      http://hockeyjerseyconcepts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Tanner Kero has picked up right where he left off last spring with the Blackhawks AHL team - Rockford Icehogs. Already has 5 goals, 7 pts in 5 games this season including three points last night in a 3-2 win over the Iowa Wild. I find it hard to believe we won't see him in a Blackhawks sweater at some point this season.
                        Ryan J

http://www.icehogs.com/news/icehogs/?article_id=4864

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          Tanner Kero has picked up right where he left off last spring with the Blackhawks AHL team - Rockford Icehogs. Already has 5 goals, 7 pts in 5 games this season including three points last night in a 3-2 win over the Iowa Wild. I find it hard to believe we won't see him in a Blackhawks sweater at some point this season.
                          Ryan J

http://www.icehogs.com/news/icehogs/?article_id=4864
                          and I'm sure you'll buy it when it is made available for purchase...

Comment

Ouch, what was that. 2nd/3rd were all NMU, brutal 5 min major PP too.

Mel's postgame interview:
                            Good start, tough break on NMU 1st goal, off Leibinger
                            They were the better team, worked hard and got momentum
                            Preparation is not good, all starts there
                            We have to start all over, get back to basics
                            Poor Jamie, left him high and dry
                            Jamie had a heck of a night, can't give up 45 shots
                            Need to salvage the weekend, stay out of the penalty box
                            Not going to win with penalties, turnover, not everyone shows up to play

Comment

Posted in series thread but fits here too:

Ugly, ugly, ugly. Nothing went well for us, 90% of that due to the play of NMU, but man when we looked bad we looked bad. NMU's passing was crisp, quick and accurate, we missed so many passes and gave them the puck so many times that is just killed any and all momentum. I completely disagreed with the major against Jackson though, he never made a move to hit knee to knee, he just was skating as was NMU's player and they hit knee to knee, neither players fault, just an unfortunate event.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

I know it's only one game, but I think any expectations we had for an at large bid are premature to say the least. You can't lose to mediocre teams like this and expect to have enough wins to qualify.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X