• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 95th Season of Hockey- Michigan Tech Huskies 2015-2016 - Thread #1

Ryan
    It has been stuttering flashing, black screen. Maybe its a Colorado problem

Comment

Any word on the status of L'Esperance after he got run by that POS goon?
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Any word on the status of L'Esperance after he got run by that POS goon?
        He was held out for the rest of the game but did stand on the bench in full gear. I'd expect he will sit on Saturday and Jake Jackson will be in the lineup.

Waiting for the WCHA to announce supplemental discipline on Anselmini for the hit. It was clearly after the whistle as L'Esperance was already past the post and the whistle had gone a full second prior. Absolutely should have been a DQ on the spot, the referees lost that when he turtled and feigned his own injury after the cheap shot. If there is any review at all he will be suspended for the rematch.

Comment

Tech to play in the icebreaker in Duluth according to ken Schott of the Albany gazette
          Vs Union
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Tech to play in the icebreaker in Duluth according to ken Schott of the Albany gazette
            Vs Union
            WCHA confirms with an announcement: http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1516/201510/oct17mtu.php

... and so does Tech: http://michigantechhuskies.com/sport...20151017ff3gzh
            Last edited by lawdoggies; 10-17-2015, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Anselmeaney suspended for hit on L'Esperance last night:

http://www.uscho.com/2015/10/17/ferr...ion-from-wcha/
              Last edited by lawdoggies; 10-17-2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Made it to my first game since 2012. The crowd is 20% Tech fans and includes members of Mel's family and (most likely) Jamie Phillips' dad.

Also, our team looks very discombobulated.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                  It's certainly nice of them to let us know so far in advance so we can make travel plans.
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

I wasn't there and I only got to listen to the third period last night, but it seems we have some work to do. I get that Ferris is tough at home though and I think it's the first time this year the opponent pressured the puck so much. Let's just hope we learn from this. You have to come ready to play every night and every period.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'll take a road split to start the league schedule and be fine with it. Plenty to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I'll take a road split to start the league schedule and be fine with it. Plenty to work on.
                        I think the tide was turning, but Tech ran out of time. Ferris did not allow Tech anything in the first two periods.
                        Still good results with Steman out all weekend and Birks/L'Esperance lost for last night.

Any word on the status of these injuries?
                        Last edited by Huskiefan906; 10-18-2015, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                          Can't wait! Going to be a good time
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            I think the tide was turning, but Tech ran out of time. Ferris did not allow Tech anything in the first two periods.
                            Still good results with Steman out all weekend and Birks/L'Esperance lost for last night.

Any word on the status of these injuries?
                            I wouldn't expect any word on things until the Coach's show tomorrow.
                            If I was a betting man, L'Esperance is fine and Birks is day-to-day.

Comment

Was at both games this weekend. Didn't look great either night. Very sloppy, passes were not crisp, which is to be expected I guess this early in the season. Also seemed like a lot of bouncing pucks which it is a very warm arena.

Saturday I was happy to see Jimmy Davis suit up, but unfortunately it was a game he will want to forget. Started out taking a hooking penalty on his first shift of the game. Then took a slashing penalty (it was a pretty weak call) that put Ferris on the 5x3 leading to their first goal. Then on his next shift he made a lazy play behind Phillips that allowed created the turnover that Ferris scored their second goal on. I don't think he got any ice time after that.

That low ceiling is really annoying. Lots of stoppages in play, hard to keep the game flow going.

Comment

Originally posted by <3_Blizzard View Post
                                That low ceiling is really annoying. Lots of stoppages in play, hard to keep the game flow going.
                                That arena is an embarrassment to the league.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X