NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
    No Dave Danis on the radio this weekend with the NMU Hockey team having a bye!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ??

Comment

Re: NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Hope you have a safe trip and a great time in Marquette!
      Thanks Davy! This work week will be busy and frantic but it's all counting down until Friday! One of my favorite feelings is the world is driving past your place of work while you head out on a road trip on a day off
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Minnesota-Duluth (8-10-5) @ NMU (9-9-6) on Friday & Saturday - January 29th & 30th at The Berry - 7:07pm EST - 12 games left for NMU in the 2015-16 regular season.... Can NMU take control of these remaining 12 games and make a run in the WCHA Playoffs and win the automatic NCAA Final 16 bid????

Comment

No Dave Danis on the radio this weekend with the NMU Hockey team having a bye!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Spent the weekend in Green Bay checking out the USHL. Will have interviews with the coaches and a future NMU Wildcat on this weekend's games.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Minnesota-Duluth (8-10-5) @ NMU (9-9-6) this weekend

Current Power Rankings
            UMD - #19 (Kratch)
            UMD - #19 (PairWise)
            UMD - #20 (RPI)

NMU - #34 (Kratch)
            NMU - #34 (PairWise)
            NMU - #34 (RPI)

Comment

Duluth's big bonus in the PWR is their Strength of Schedule. They're #1 in the country ranked by SoS. Second is Miami (PWR 22), third is Western Michigan (PWR 30).

It's going to be an interesting weekend between two evenly matched .500 hockey teams.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

For those that haven't followed UMD this season this is one of the most disappointing teams since their 2004-05 club that struggled instead of taking another step after a Frozen Four Trip. No offense but if you would have told me last year that NMU would have a better record than UMD for this series I would have laughed. This team has struggled to score goals and many players are having down offensive years. They've played the NCHC Goalie of the Week 4 times in NCHC play...so maybe NMU will make it against another conference.

I'm looking forward to my first trip to Marquette (driving through doesn't count), and with the week of work I'm having I've definitely earned this trip. Been looking forward to this trip since I heard UMD was playing at NMU. Love the UP.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  I'm looking forward to my first trip to Marquette (driving through doesn't count), and with the week of work I'm having I've definitely earned this trip. Been looking forward to this trip since I heard UMD was playing at NMU. Love the UP.
                  I know restaurants and bars were already mentioned, but if you'd like to do some sightseeing and explore Marquette and the UP scenery, I reccomend a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain or a drive out to Presque Isle. Great areas. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Big 4-3 win tonite for NMU over #20 ranked UMD.... UMD is ranked #23 in the Hockey Poll but #20 in the Power Rankings.... NMU is now (10-9-6)

Comment

• Fans sure got their money's worth tonight. Crazy game.

Comment

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

I watched both the UMD games online this weekend. Friday was a good game to watch and they hung tough what with the late penalties. But Saturday the 'Cats got off to a bad start and couldn't quite rally.

I was wondering why Dahlstrom didn't get the start last night after having the win against UAF last Saturday? There must be some pretty stiff competition between the three goalies. It was tough to see the defense and Israelsson give up two quick goals to begin the game last night.

I'm hoping the 'Cats can get out of this .500 season to end the year. I'd like to see them in GR in a month and a half ! ! !
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

NMU Freshman goalie Mathias Israelsson's confidence has to be shattered after giving up 2 goals on UMD's first 3 shots in the first 3:00 of the game last nite and then getting pulled by Walt Kyle.... I wonder if Walt will go with Tolvanen & Dahlstrom the rest of the way from here on out????

Comment

In a really weird way, this is one of the most consistent teams NMU has ever had - 26 games in, and they haven't won or lost more than two games consecutively all season. That's never happened before in games played through January. There were three seasons where the Cats had one three game winning or losing streak in the same time period ('94-'95, '00-'01, and '10-'11), but never what they've done this season.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
                              I know restaurants and bars were already mentioned, but if you'd like to do some sightseeing and explore Marquette and the UP scenery, I reccomend a hike up Sugarloaf Mountain or a drive out to Presque Isle. Great areas. Enjoy your trip!
                              We did both an Sugarloaf Mountain was gorgeous! It was a sunny beautiful day and Gitche Gumme was a deep deep blue. Anytime spent in the UP is a great time. Loved it.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

NMU Freshman goalie Mathias Israelsson's confidence has to be shattered after giving up 2 goals on UMD's first 3 shots in the first 3:00 of the game last nite and then getting pulled by Walt Kyle.... I wonder if Walt will go with Tolvanen & Dahlstrom the rest of the way from here on out????
                                It's doubtful that his confidence is shattered. And coaches rarely make decisions based on 4 minutes of play, especially considering one of those goals wasn't Izzy's fault. He'll be fine. Tolvanen has earned his spot. Dahlstrom has the opportunity to battle Israelson for the other in the rotation down the stretch. And if Dahlstrom continues to play well, being the more experienced of the two, he would certainly have the inside track to join Tolvanen in the battle for who gets the start on March 11.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X