PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

The Zlax45
10-17-2015, 04:21 PM
You know what I think is worst ? A MLB team celebrating with champagne when they just only qualified to play a 1 game qualifying playoff game for the right to get a chance to play in the league championship series like when Houston beat NYY in a 1-game series. Maybe it's me but to me it seems a bit too much.

Maybe I will head over to HAA tonight since it is a short drive or do I drive way up to Lowell ? Maybe UML has cheaper tickets too.

I am with you on the MLB thing...

Jofa
10-17-2015, 10:16 PM
From what I remember, they didn't have any ceremonies prior to the 06-07 season when they won the Beanpot and both HE titles. The banners were just there in the fall. I can see honoring Jack's Hobey win with some kind of recognition, were he able to make the game, but raising banners for conference titles and Frozen Four appearances is below the standards of a program with five real banners. Lowell and UVM hold ceremonies for appearance banners.

What an embarrassment it would only be worse if they brought O'Connor in to raise it. Clueless AD!

mookie1995
10-17-2015, 10:48 PM
What an embarrassment it would only be worse if they brought O'Connor in to raise it. Clueless AD!

that was really dumb. maybe all the family responders who wished to have 4p starts suggested this so their kids can feel good about their rooting interest. wow.

kbz
10-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Really liked what I saw from JFK tonight. Seemed to be in the right place, made the right plays/decisions with the puck, and was pretty fast.

Darius
10-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Kinda absurd if you ask me. You are BU not UNH.Ouch. The truth hurts.

Thanks for beating Wisco. It is way to early to turn to my western back up teams had my #1 and #2 eastern teams both exited the weekend covered in poop.

Tater
10-18-2015, 10:01 AM
that was really dumb. maybe all the family responders who wished to have 4p starts suggested this so their kids can feel good about their rooting interest. wow.

The arena seemed pretty full last night. Funny, I thought we needed 4pm games to fill the arena? :confused: Or so says the clear majority of fans. (Funny, I can't find said fans)

Really liked what I saw from JFK tonight. Seemed to be in the right place, made the right plays/decisions with the puck, and was pretty fast.

Also Chase Phelps - he was everywhere - easily his best game. Oksanan caused quite a few turnovers too but needs to re-find that finishing touch.

defkit
10-18-2015, 10:43 AM
On the banners - I like the way the Beanpot, RS Title, and FF title and the Hobey are done - one banner listing the years/recipients. I don't have an issue with shining a light on the banners as part of a celebration of a great season. I specifically don't have an issue with having a FF banner (with all the year), since I consider that to be the mark of an elite program.

mookie1995
10-18-2015, 10:46 AM
On the banners - I like the way the Beanpot, RS Title, and FF title and the Hobey are done - one banner listing the years/recipients. I don't have an issue with shining a light on the banners as part of a celebration of a great season. I specifically don't have an issue with having a FF banner (with all the year), since I consider that to be the mark of an elite program.

Yup
But they should just be updated. We could have sat through a video retrospective before the players came out. Had the trophies on display in the lobby.

Simple

defkit
10-18-2015, 10:49 AM
As far as the game:

- Agreed of JFK - I really liked what I saw. He'll be a very solid contributor at both ends of the ice.
- Also agreed on Phelps - his best game as a Terrier, loved that he was rewarded with a G and an A
- Greer definitely had his edge back. He's not going to turn into a 20 goal scorer, at least not this year, but I could see him pitching in 12, while causing anxiety for any opponent on the ice at the same time as him.
- Carpenter has shown he belongs. It will be interesting to see if Roberto can supplant any of those 3rd/4th line forwards. They all looked very good. Loved the aggressive forcheking.
- McAvoy has a lot of skill, but I'm concerned that the way he plays will be tough for the team to adjust to. I mean he brings "Pinching in" to a whole new level. He seems to be around the net as much as the forwards. Sort of reminds me of how the d had challenges learning how to play with DiPietro's aggressive puck playing style, which led to a handful of easy goals of the opposition.
- Good size crowd on hand. Glad to see it. Was worried that the post Eichel era would be tough to get students n the seats for.

defkit
10-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Yup
But they should just be updated. We could have sat through a video retrospective before the players came out. Had the trophies on display in the lobby.

Simple

Yeah - I actually meant to say - I didn't like the trophies at center ice. Too much of living in the past when you do that. Like you just won them. If I was Quinn, I would have nixed that part - time to move on.

ericredaxe
10-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Hopefully not more BU programs on the chopping block.

Terrible news for all terriers.

http://swimswam.com/boston-university-pulls-funding-for-swimming-and-diving-programs/

mookie1995
10-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Well this certainly makes Mookie less inclined to support the capital funding (already over a billion before the university upped the goal) drive. If we don't have 1/1000th of this available for athletics then they must be wasting the rest.

J.D.
10-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Oksanan caused quite a few turnovers too but needs to re-find that finishing touch.

Who is dishing him the puck this year? ;)

mookie1995
10-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Who is dishing him the puck this year? ;)

He had a plateful last night.

BU had a ton of high grade opps that they didn't get on net. UW is not a good team at all. They actually should make the umo'ers feel good about themselves

J.D.
10-18-2015, 01:23 PM
That wasn't an answer! What kind of player is greenway? Seems to me like o'regan and oksanen are both more goal scorers than they are setup men. Who is your best forward setup man? Just curious.

No doubt wisconsin is horrible. Difficult even identifying one difference maker for them.

mookie1995
10-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Greenway isn't on the 1st pp with ahti. He was set up numerous times from the d. And o'reagan too.

Rogie21
10-18-2015, 11:49 PM
That wasn't an answer! What kind of player is greenway? Seems to me like o'regan and oksanen are both more goal scorers than they are setup men. Who is your best forward setup man? Just curious.

No doubt wisconsin is horrible. Difficult even identifying one difference maker for them.

Greenway is extremely agile and an excellent skater given his size. Scouts always reference his excellent hands and in two NTDP seasons, he had 60 assists. Greenway uses his big body to protect the puck and either get a shot on goal or set up a shot. O'Regan, while a finisher, also has put up more assists than goals every one of his previous seasons. So far BU has used JFK as LW on power plays and he's primarily a passer. It's a safe bet that Ahti will get more than his share of shots.

Rover
10-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Hopefully not more BU programs on the chopping block.

Terrible news for all terriers.

http://swimswam.com/boston-university-pulls-funding-for-swimming-and-diving-programs/

Should have moved swim meet times to 4PM in order to save the program...

brassbonanza
10-19-2015, 02:17 PM
FWIW, it seems North Dakota held a ceremony to raise their conference championship banner.

Rover
10-19-2015, 02:25 PM
FWIW, it seems North Dakota held a ceremony to raise their conference championship banner.

They also raise a banner on Hitler's birthday every year, so I wouldn't use them for a good comparison.