PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

BU Fan 84
12-17-2015, 02:32 PM
We need one of the pretend journalists over at the DFP to get Greer to decisively state he is staying like they did with Coyle before we should all breathe a sigh of relief!

While I dispute your use of the phrase "pretend journalists," I do wish they'd just ask Quinn straight up about Roberto. From the comments section of their blog, it just seems like they are very passive on that issue. "Quinn hasn't said anything more about Roberto and we won't publish unsubstantiated rumors." Okay, but have they ASKED Quinn about Roberto? If they have, and Quinn says no comment, then at least report that. Otherwise it comes off seeming like they aren't doing their jobs.

buoldtimer
12-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Okay, well that doesn't sound as bad as the previous posts. Maybe Greer is considering sticking around if Oksanen is or might be out for the year. Though what kind of reception will that get in the locker room? "Hey teammates, I was leaving you guys mid-season but now that our best goal scorer is out, I am willing to stick around." May not go over so well. That would make sense re: Roberto, if it is true. However, I am not sure that it is.

I doubt that Oksanen's status has anything to do with Greer's decision to stay or leave.

buoldtimer
12-17-2015, 02:40 PM
While I dispute your use of the phrase "pretend journalists," I do wish they'd just ask Quinn straight up about Roberto. From the comments section of their blog, it just seems like they are very passive on that issue. "Quinn hasn't said anything more about Roberto and we won't publish unsubstantiated rumors." Okay, but have they ASKED Quinn about Roberto? If they have, and Quinn says no comment, then at least report that. Otherwise it comes off seeming like they aren't doing their jobs.

Perhaps privacy laws limit DQ's capacity to comment upon the matter. Just speculation.

BU Fan 84
12-17-2015, 02:46 PM
Perhaps privacy laws limit DQ's capacity to comment upon the matter. Just speculation.

Sure, that is probably or definitely the case. But the reporters aren't asking. Their job is to ask and report that Quinn said "no comment" or "I can't give you an answer to that question." Their job isn't to sit around at press conferences and hope Quinn brings Roberto up on his own.

brassbonanza
12-17-2015, 02:46 PM

Partially agree, it would be nice to have gotten some form of status update, but we don't know the behind the scenes makeup of the situation. It's pretty clear Quinn isn't commenting on anything regarding him, and may not be able to, but I do agree that some form of update along the way even if it was something along the lines of "Quinn continues to have no comment on Roberto's status" would be nice. It's semantics though, not really a huge issue. Seemed pretty clear early on that we wouldn't be seeing him back for some time, if at all.

mookie1995
12-17-2015, 02:51 PM
We need one of the pretend journalists over at the DFP to get Greer to decisively state he is staying like they did with Coyle before we should all breathe a sigh of relief!

:p

Rover
12-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Somebody send hokydad into the men's room shower ASAP. That ought to get us the inside scoop on the Greer/Oksansen/Roberto story....

Nick Papagiorgio
12-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Somebody send hokydad into the men's room shower ASAP. That ought to get us the inside scoop on the Greer/Oksansen/Roberto story....

This must have happened too fast for him to get over here and scoop everyone on this story with vague statements about something going on. I would expect him to break this stuff.

brassbonanza
12-17-2015, 03:02 PM
This must have happened too fast for him to get over here and scoop everyone on this story with vague statements about something going on. I would expect him to break this stuff.

Not even The Kid had anything on it!

Nick Papagiorgio
12-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Not even The Kid had anything on it!

Well give the kid a break it happened between recess and gym class.

mookie1995
12-17-2015, 03:26 PM

silly!!

hoky was on here back in october telling us that there was bad news coming for bu that the bc fans would like :D

Hokydad
12-17-2015, 05:53 PM
silly!!

hoky was on here back in october telling us that there was bad news coming for bu that the bc fans would like :D

I knew exactly what was going on

Sometimes less is more

kiwi
12-17-2015, 07:00 PM
I knew exactly what was going on

Sometimes less is more
He's Alive!

J.D.
12-17-2015, 08:19 PM
IF this turns out to be true, i don't see it as a big loss. Frankly, greer has been a bust so far.

J.D.
12-17-2015, 08:30 PM
How did oksanen get hurt?

Scarlet
12-17-2015, 08:35 PM
In the Quinnipiac game. We were talking about it earlier.

brassbonanza
12-17-2015, 08:56 PM
How did oksanen get hurt?

This play: https://youtu.be/9xkC9ARQDtA?t=2h20m

defkit
12-17-2015, 09:01 PM
If Greer does leave, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise. How many Quebec-born kids, drafted by a team with two hall-of-fame french canadians running the show are plying NCAA hockey?:D You have to think that Sakic, Roy, and company are keeping a close eye on their risky 2nd round choice (if he doesn't blast that one timer in against UND, I almost guarantee he drops at least one round). We all had high hopes that, given how young he was last year, he would really blossom into an offensive threat this year. It just hasn't happened. Maybe another year away. The difference between he and Coyle seems to be that Greer seems to gel with his teammates. I hope he works through it, but this season hasn't gone as he wanted, so I think it is natural to be looking to change things up.

As far as Roberto - certainly a strange situation.

BU Hockey: Questions about Kimball-Union forwards

defkit
12-17-2015, 09:03 PM
And that would really stink if Ahti is done. He was definitely having a better season than I expected.

Rogie21
12-17-2015, 09:17 PM
If Greer does leave, it certainly wouldn't be a surprise. How many Quebec-born kids, drafted by a team with two hall-of-fame french canadians running the show are plying NCAA hockey?:D You have to think that Sakic, Roy, and company are keeping a close eye on their risky 2nd round choice (if he doesn't blast that one timer in against UND, I almost guarantee he drops at least one round). We all had high hopes that, given how young he was last year, he would really blossom into an offensive threat this year. It just hasn't happened. Maybe another year away. The difference between he and Coyle seems to be that Greer seems to gel with his teammates. I hope he works through it, but this season hasn't gone as he wanted, so I think it is natural to be looking to change things up.

FWIW: Mike McMahon tweeted translations of two tweets from a Quebec journalist:
Greer denies Q report. Says discussion with agent & family but nothing more. (https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/677595896180248577)
Greer says he has signed nothing and still has two exams to take at BU (https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/status/677596112526643200).

Wasn't it about this time last year that the rumor came out of Quebec that Eichel was leaving to play in the Q?