This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

We've spent a lot of time discussing the 4 PM Saturday starts ... but what about random Friday night 6 PM starts? That is bizarre. I really enjoyed the 7:30 PM start against Northleastern last weekend. 6 PM just seems pretty stupid.

Comment

Give me 4 pm saturday over these stupid 6 or 630 friday games. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        We've spent a lot of time discussing the 4 PM Saturday starts ... but what about random Friday night 6 PM starts? That is bizarre. I really enjoyed the 7:30 PM start against Northleastern last weekend. 6 PM just seems pretty stupid.
        The 6 p.m. starts for tomorrow's game at Providence and next Friday's home game with Michigan are because these are the first games of ASN broadcast doubleheaders with second games out West beginning at 8:30 ET. So if BU fans want to be at Schneider for the first puck drop, they'll probably have to get on the road at 1 p.m.--same for the team.

For fans in the New York tri-state area, the 11/20 Michigan game is scheduled to air on SNY but on a delayed basis at 7:30 p.m.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

That's ridiculous. No one is watching the gd games on tv anyway.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I understand and support having some 4PM Saturday games mixed in. The 6PM Friday games seem tough... That has most people having to leave work early even for a home game.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              I understand and support having some 4PM Saturday games mixed in. The 6PM Friday games seem tough... That has most people having to leave work early even for a home game.
              They're awful, but 100% TV-driven. Same goes for the 8:30 start @ UNH in February.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Mookie loves them!!!

Get home early with the kids.
                Or even give us a chance to go out after the games.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Mookie loves them!!!

Get home early with the kids.
                  Or even give us a chance to go out after the games.
                  True, from kids getting tired at a late game perspective, the 6:00 PM start is better than 7:30, but that close to the end of most peoples work day I'm thinking will be tough for people to get there on time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    True, from kids getting tired at a late game perspective, the 6:00 PM start is better than 7:30, but that close to the end of most peoples work day I'm thinking will be tough for people to get there on time.
                    Was watching bits of the Northeastern and ND game tonight and the quality of the broadcast was terrible. Cameras couldn't follow the puck and the audio was cutting out during intermission.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      That's ridiculous. No one is watching the gd games on tv anyway.
                      Speaking from a BC's fans perspective it's pretty difficult to get to campus at 7:00 on a Friday. 6:00 is impossible.

How many times have people received texts that there's a back up on the Pike to get to campus on a Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        Was watching bits of the Northeastern and ND game tonight and the quality of the broadcast was terrible. Cameras couldn't follow the puck and the audio was cutting out during intermission.
                        Good old Tom Caron was on the call. Come on ASN, the best you could do was Tom Caron???

If it were a true NESN/Hockey East game, no chance they send the crew to South Bend. Maybe they would have had Tommy call the game from a studio like they do in international soccer sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          The 6 p.m. starts for tomorrow's game at Providence and next Friday's home game with Michigan are because these are the first games of ASN broadcast doubleheaders with second games out West beginning at 8:30 ET. So if BU fans want to be at Schneider for the first puck drop, they'll probably have to get on the road at 1 p.m.--same for the team.

For fans in the New York tri-state area, the 11/20 Michigan game is scheduled to air on SNY but on a delayed basis at 7:30 p.m.
                          It's good and bad I suppose for people. Personally I like the 7PM starts so I don't have to rush to get there in rush hour traffic. But I get to skate later in my pickup hour in Dedham on Fridays.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I don't know what's up with the traffic. I used to be able to leave at 5:30, get parked and be in the building by 6:25 for warmups. Now I leave at 5:00 and get in the building at 6:40-6:45. I breeze down Rt. 128 (after getting by the Braintree split to Rt 24 mess) to Newton Highlands, and then the fun begins. Highland Ave. has a lot more businesses and is a mess, and Newton Center is like a parking lot with all the traffic and pedestrians. It has taken me 30 to 45 minutes to get from RT 128 to Comm Ave garage some Fridays. Pedestrians probably causing most of it as folks just walk right out in front of cars without a care in the world. BC campus is the same... cars constantly stopping for pedestrians snowballs into traffic jams.

Too many nice drivers out there. Run the bahtsahds over!
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              I don't know what's up with the traffic. I used to be able to leave at 5:30, get parked and be in the building by 6:25 for warmups. Now I leave at 5:00 and get in the building at 6:40-6:45. I breeze down Rt. 128 (after getting by the Braintree split to Rt 24 mess) to Newton Highlands, and then the fun begins. Highland Ave. has a lot more businesses and is a mess, and Newton Center is like a parking lot with all the traffic and pedestrians. It has taken me 30 to 45 minutes to get from RT 128 to Comm Ave garage some Fridays. Pedestrians probably causing most of it as folks just walk right out in front of cars without a care in the world. BC campus is the same... cars constantly stopping for pedestrians snowballs into traffic jams.

Too many nice drivers out there. Run the bahtsahds over!
                              D@mmit, I HATE when BC fans and I think the same way.

I work maybe 2 miles from Agganis. I drive to work those days and the time it takes me to get from Back Bay up Comm Ave. on some Friday nights, well, I could walk it faster. That Comm Ave/BU Bridge/Carlton St. intersection is a nightmare. I don't understand why they won't let the BU Police do traffic detail there.

I'm down in Florida for work and will be missing the games this weekend. I will be following on Twitter and the blog, and depending on where I am and the hotel wireless, I have the app on my iPad and will try to listen in. Or maybe I will ignore the games altogether just to be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                On Sunday (11/15) at 7:30 SNY will air a rebroadcast of tonight's BU-Providence game, following a live broadcast of Lowell at Maine.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X