PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

J.D.
11-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Was watching bits of the Northeastern and ND game tonight and the quality of the broadcast was terrible. Cameras couldn't follow the puck and the audio was cutting out during intermission.

Good old Tom Caron was on the call. Come on ASN, the best you could do was Tom Caron??? ;)

If it were a true NESN/Hockey East game, no chance they send the crew to South Bend. Maybe they would have had Tommy call the game from a studio like they do in international soccer sometimes.

BCeagle
11-13-2015, 09:25 AM
The 6 p.m. starts for tomorrow's game at Providence and next Friday's home game with Michigan are because these are the first games of ASN broadcast doubleheaders with second games out West beginning at 8:30 ET. So if BU fans want to be at Schneider for the first puck drop, they'll probably have to get on the road at 1 p.m.--same for the team.

For fans in the New York tri-state area, the 11/20 Michigan game is scheduled to air on SNY but on a delayed basis at 7:30 p.m.

It's good and bad I suppose for people. Personally I like the 7PM starts so I don't have to rush to get there in rush hour traffic. But I get to skate later in my pickup hour in Dedham on Fridays.

FiveHole12
11-13-2015, 11:01 AM
I don't know what's up with the traffic. I used to be able to leave at 5:30, get parked and be in the building by 6:25 for warmups. Now I leave at 5:00 and get in the building at 6:40-6:45. I breeze down Rt. 128 (after getting by the Braintree split to Rt 24 mess) to Newton Highlands, and then the fun begins. Highland Ave. has a lot more businesses and is a mess, and Newton Center is like a parking lot with all the traffic and pedestrians. It has taken me 30 to 45 minutes to get from RT 128 to Comm Ave garage some Fridays. Pedestrians probably causing most of it as folks just walk right out in front of cars without a care in the world. BC campus is the same... cars constantly stopping for pedestrians snowballs into traffic jams.

Too many nice drivers out there. Run the bahtsahds over! ;)

Scarlet
11-13-2015, 11:42 AM
I don't know what's up with the traffic. I used to be able to leave at 5:30, get parked and be in the building by 6:25 for warmups. Now I leave at 5:00 and get in the building at 6:40-6:45. I breeze down Rt. 128 (after getting by the Braintree split to Rt 24 mess) to Newton Highlands, and then the fun begins. Highland Ave. has a lot more businesses and is a mess, and Newton Center is like a parking lot with all the traffic and pedestrians. It has taken me 30 to 45 minutes to get from RT 128 to Comm Ave garage some Fridays. Pedestrians probably causing most of it as folks just walk right out in front of cars without a care in the world. BC campus is the same... cars constantly stopping for pedestrians snowballs into traffic jams.

Too many nice drivers out there. Run the bahtsahds over! ;)

D@mmit, I HATE when BC fans and I think the same way. :mad::p

I work maybe 2 miles from Agganis. I drive to work those days and the time it takes me to get from Back Bay up Comm Ave. on some Friday nights, well, I could walk it faster. That Comm Ave/BU Bridge/Carlton St. intersection is a nightmare. I don't understand why they won't let the BU Police do traffic detail there.

I'm down in Florida for work and will be missing the games this weekend. I will be following on Twitter and the blog, and depending on where I am and the hotel wireless, I have the app on my iPad and will try to listen in. Or maybe I will ignore the games altogether just to be safe!

Rogie21
11-13-2015, 01:15 PM
For fans in the New York tri-state area, the 11/20 Michigan game is scheduled to air on SNY but on a delayed basis at 7:30 p.m.

On Sunday (11/15) at 7:30 SNY will air a rebroadcast of tonight's BU-Providence game, following a live broadcast of Lowell at Maine.

Bomber
11-13-2015, 08:23 PM
Good tie. I didn't watch every minute, but from what I saw (other than the penalty issues.) A very solid effort.

Meanwhile BC just blew a 4-1 lead.:eek:

kbz
11-13-2015, 09:51 PM
McEvoy better be benched tomorrow. If he isn't, I think Quinn would be promoting undisciplined and selfish play... Jaffe and Caron really liked Greenway's game, and I agree... Still can't figure out how PC ended up with the man advantage from the big scuffle which resulted in their PPG.

J.D.
11-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Meanwhile BC just blew a 4-1 lead.:eek:

Well yes, but no ;)

The Zlax45
11-13-2015, 10:15 PM
McEvoy better be benched tomorrow. If he isn't, I think Quinn would be promoting undisciplined and selfish play... Jaffe and Caron really liked Greenway's game, and I agree... Still can't figure out how PC ended up with the man advantage from the big scuffle which resulted in their PPG.

The first one was because that Bruins draft pick from Sweden jumped a PC player from behind.

The two men advantage one there was a delayed penalty on BU and then they boarded Tanev as the whistle went.

Tater
11-13-2015, 11:11 PM
Aside from the excessive penalties, I really liked BU's game last night. High tempo, and BU had quite a few scoring chances. Looks like PC may have found a good successor to Gilles. BU was at least the equal team to PC last night, maybe a bit more when you considered BU killed off a 2-min 5X3 and 5 min major in the third period which was huge.

Who ****ed in McAvoy's Cherrios this morning?? 4 min of penalties in 8 games and all of a sudden 19 tonight? :eek: You can't even call it revenge for the title game since he wasn't there. :)

brassbonanza
11-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Charlie definitely deserves to sit tomorrow. I disagreed with the major, the guy's head was down, but he absolutely deserved two for leaving his feet. That said, this penalty plus the tack-on for the 5 on 3 were completely undisciplined and came at potentially disastrous times. He has to learn to maintain his cool. Diffley should be in tomorrow in place of him. Leaman's comment that that was one of the worst hits he's ever seen though is a load of horsechit.

J.D.
11-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Didn't see it but doesn't matter if a guy's head is down. Those days are over. Onus is on the guy delivering hit to not contact the head.

theprofromdover
11-14-2015, 06:16 AM
Charlie definitely deserves to sit tomorrow. I disagreed with the major, the guy's head was down, but he absolutely deserved two for leaving his feet. That said, this penalty plus the tack-on for the 5 on 3 were completely undisciplined and came at potentially disastrous times. He has to learn to maintain his cool. Diffley should be in tomorrow in place of him. Leaman's comment that that was one of the worst hits he's ever seen though is a load of horsechit.

Bu is turning into the new Merrihack. What a bunch of thugs. 😂

mookie1995
11-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Bu is turning into the new Merrihack. What a bunch of thugs. 😂

Next Charlie will be taking a dump in the stairwell :mad:

The Zlax45
11-14-2015, 08:06 AM

It is out of character for Leaman to call for anything since he barely ever says anything.

wildo555
11-14-2015, 09:54 AM
It is out of character for Leaman to call for anything since he barely ever says anything.

Sorry for posting on this thread but coming down from NH for game today. What are chances of a sell out?

wildo555
11-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Sorry for posting on this thread but planning on coming down from NH for game today. What are chances of it selling out?

The Zlax45
11-14-2015, 10:17 AM
McAvoy was suspended for the Saturday game by Hockey East.

https://twitter.com/hockey_east/status/665559956045844483

Tater
11-14-2015, 10:26 AM
McAvoy was suspended for the Saturday game by Hockey East.

https://twitter.com/hockey_east/status/665559956045844483

Which is completely ridiculous. I thought that Quinn would probably sit him but in no way did it rise up to league action.

Tater
11-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Sorry for posting on this thread but planning on coming down from NH for game today. What are chances of it selling out?

Zero.