PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

mookie1995
11-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Big step up for BU with a home and home against the likely number 1 team in the nation..

Our boys don't play the igles for some time...

Friend_of_BU_Hockey
11-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Big step up for BU with a home and home against the likely number 1 team in the nation..

It was very important for BU to get 4 pts this past weekend as well as get a road W. It's tougher w/ only 22 HE games to catch back up if one digs themselves a deep hole early in conference play.

The PC and Michigan series will go a long way towards determining what type of team BU could be this season. Lots of positives so far but also many ?s.

I really like the revamped 1st line of JFK centering Ahti and O'Regan. O'Regan clearly seems more comfortable on the wing and JFK has definitely passed the "eye test" and looks like he could be a very good D-1 player. It's good to see Ahti get on the score sheet the last 3 games; once he broke thru vs. Denver I felt he might start scoring in bunches. Hope he proves me right.

Cloonan has been a very pleasant surprise. Really like his speed and cleverness, and seems like the type of player that can play anywhere in the depth chart and find ways to contribute. On that line Greenway is starting to show more signs of using his size to his advantage. I thought he would have contributed more offensively early on, but I definitely believe there's a huge upside to his game that hopefully will come through as the season progresses.

I'm surprised BU has been able to score at a comparable pace this year sans Eichel & E-Rod. And to do so w/ guys like Baillargeon, Greer and Greenway a combined 1-5-6 in 8 games. Didn't think Hickey would be tied for the lead in goals and have also enjoyed watching the improvement in Fortunato's game, esp. his confidence and willingness to shoot the puck.

Having Grzelcyk back is huge. His goal Saturday was a beauty - nice burst of speed thru the neutral zone. Pairing him w/ McAvoy will be vital towards McAvoy's growth; Saturday was the best game I've seen him play so far, esp. in his own end.

Entering the season I had more confidence in the team's goaltending than I do now. I still think LaCouvee could be solid #1 and hope these next few weeks will be when he proves it. Having said that, I was very encouraged by what I saw from Maguire to start; hopefully he gets his confidence back and can still be a major contributor as the season progresses.

The Zlax45
11-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Our boys don't play the igles for some time...

No comment needed

brassbonanza
11-09-2015, 12:22 PM
No comment needed

cool

Harry Cleverly
11-09-2015, 01:37 PM
It was very important for BU to get 4 pts this past weekend as well as get a road W. It's tougher w/ only 22 HE games to catch back up if one digs themselves a deep hole early in conference play.

The PC and Michigan series will go a long way towards determining what type of team BU could be this season. Lots of positives so far but also many ?s.

I really like the revamped 1st line of JFK centering Ahti and O'Regan. O'Regan clearly seems more comfortable on the wing and JFK has definitely passed the "eye test" and looks like he could be a very good D-1 player. It's good to see Ahti get on the score sheet the last 3 games; once he broke thru vs. Denver I felt he might start scoring in bunches. Hope he proves me right.

Cloonan has been a very pleasant surprise. Really like his speed and cleverness, and seems like the type of player that can play anywhere in the depth chart and find ways to contribute. On that line Greenway is starting to show more signs of using his size to his advantage. I thought he would have contributed more offensively early on, but I definitely believe there's a huge upside to his game that hopefully will come through as the season progresses.

I'm surprised BU has been able to score at a comparable pace this year sans Eichel & E-Rod. And to do so w/ guys like Baillargeon, Greer and Greenway a combined 1-5-6 in 8 games. Didn't think Hickey would be tied for the lead in goals and have also enjoyed watching the improvement in Fortunato's game, esp. his confidence and willingness to shoot the puck.

Having Grzelcyk back is huge. His goal Saturday was a beauty - nice burst of speed thru the neutral zone. Pairing him w/ McAvoy will be vital towards McAvoy's growth; Saturday was the best game I've seen him play so far, esp. in his own end.

Entering the season I had more confidence in the team's goaltending than I do now. I still think LaCouvee could be solid #1 and hope these next few weeks will be when he proves it. Having said that, I was very encouraged by what I saw from Maguire to start; hopefully he gets his confidence back and can still be a major contributor as the season progresses.

Agree with all of that, but still aren't completely sold on LaCouvee. The two third periods against Northeastern helps. Still fondly remember Maguire backstopping JP's last team all the way to the HE Final when he was excellent.
This team will go as far as it goaltending will take them this season.

Tater
11-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Just browsing through stats looking at what that punk Nolan Vesey has for points (0), and it is apparent how bad things have gotten over at Maine. Their goaltender who has played the most games with 6, has a .934 sv pct and 2.13 GAA. Pretty good stats, huh? He is 0-4-2. Ouch.

Rogie21
11-11-2015, 03:29 PM
TSN's schedule of 44 NCAA games for Canadian subscribers includes at least six BU games--and potentially as many as 12 BU games, beginning with Friday night’s game at Providence. Also on the schedule: Michigan (11/20), Quinnipiac (12/12), BC (1/15), Beanpot vs/ Northeastern (2/1), Beanpot Final (2/8), Notre Dame (2/26), the Hockey East Championship (3/19) and all of the NCAA tournament.

Tater
11-11-2015, 05:49 PM
TSN's schedule of 44 NCAA games for Canadian subscribers includes at least six BU games--and potentially as many as 12 BU games, beginning with Friday night’s game at Providence. Also on the schedule: Michigan (11/20), Quinnipiac (12/12), BC (1/15), Beanpot vs/ Northeastern (2/1), Beanpot Final (2/8), Notre Dame (2/26), the Hockey East Championship (3/19) and all of the NCAA tournament.

Is it official the Beanpot is on TV? I figured they would work it out, but as of right now it isn't listed on USCHO or goterriers.com.

brassbonanza
11-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Is it official the Beanpot is on TV? I figured they would work it out, but as of right now it isn't listed on USCHO or goterriers.com.

I would imagine TSN picked this up with the knowledge that they'd be televising someone else's feed. I can't imagine they'd send a broadcast team and equipment down from Canada for the Beanpot.

meauxmo
11-12-2015, 08:37 AM
I would imagine TSN picked this up with the knowledge that they'd be televising someone else's feed. I can't imagine they'd send a broadcast team and equipment down from Canada for the Beanpot.

I believe the local feed is NESN.

BU Fan 84
11-12-2015, 03:12 PM
We've spent a lot of time discussing the 4 PM Saturday starts ... but what about random Friday night 6 PM starts? That is bizarre. I really enjoyed the 7:30 PM start against Northleastern last weekend. 6 PM just seems pretty stupid.

J.D.
11-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Give me 4 pm saturday over these stupid 6 or 630 friday games. Not even close.

Rogie21
11-12-2015, 03:38 PM
We've spent a lot of time discussing the 4 PM Saturday starts ... but what about random Friday night 6 PM starts? That is bizarre. I really enjoyed the 7:30 PM start against Northleastern last weekend. 6 PM just seems pretty stupid.

The 6 p.m. starts for tomorrow's game at Providence and next Friday's home game with Michigan are because these are the first games of ASN broadcast doubleheaders with second games out West beginning at 8:30 ET. So if BU fans want to be at Schneider for the first puck drop, they'll probably have to get on the road at 1 p.m.--same for the team.

For fans in the New York tri-state area, the 11/20 Michigan game is scheduled to air on SNY but on a delayed basis at 7:30 p.m.

Nick Papagiorgio
11-12-2015, 04:17 PM
That's ridiculous. No one is watching the gd games on tv anyway.

ericredaxe
11-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I understand and support having some 4PM Saturday games mixed in. The 6PM Friday games seem tough... That has most people having to leave work early even for a home game.

brassbonanza
11-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I understand and support having some 4PM Saturday games mixed in. The 6PM Friday games seem tough... That has most people having to leave work early even for a home game.

They're awful, but 100% TV-driven. Same goes for the 8:30 start @ UNH in February.

mookie1995
11-12-2015, 07:27 PM

Mookie loves them!!!

Get home early with the kids.
Or even give us a chance to go out after the games.

ericredaxe
11-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Mookie loves them!!!

Get home early with the kids.
Or even give us a chance to go out after the games.

True, from kids getting tired at a late game perspective, the 6:00 PM start is better than 7:30, but that close to the end of most peoples work day I'm thinking will be tough for people to get there on time.

The Zlax45
11-12-2015, 10:04 PM
True, from kids getting tired at a late game perspective, the 6:00 PM start is better than 7:30, but that close to the end of most peoples work day I'm thinking will be tough for people to get there on time.

Was watching bits of the Northeastern and ND game tonight and the quality of the broadcast was terrible. Cameras couldn't follow the puck and the audio was cutting out during intermission.

claver2010
11-13-2015, 08:22 AM
That's ridiculous. No one is watching the gd games on tv anyway.

Speaking from a BC's fans perspective it's pretty difficult to get to campus at 7:00 on a Friday. 6:00 is impossible.

How many times have people received texts that there's a back up on the Pike to get to campus on a Friday night.