PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

defkit
11-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the free NU stream? I'm just getting a blank screen when I click on the link.

Harry Cleverly
11-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the free NU stream? I'm just getting a blank screen when I click on the link.

That is the link to Northeastern's historical hockey successes.

defkit
11-08-2015, 05:56 AM

Well played. I found the right link (XStream) on the Live Blog.

sterlippo1
11-08-2015, 06:48 AM

hahahhahahahhaa!!!!!! excellent. I see their coach had them ready to play vs their rival last night.............to the tune of 18-2 SOG in first period. What a joke

meauxmo
11-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Where is Nick Roberto?

defkit
11-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Where is Nick Roberto?

Hasn't dressed yet, something related to violating team rules. Obviously not your typical "missed curfew so sit the next game", since he has now missed 8 games.

Jofa
11-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Is there any hope that LaCouvee could be a solid #1 goaltender this year?

Bomber
11-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Is there any hope that LaCouvee could be a solid #1 goaltender this year?

I was going to ask the same question this morning. What say you Terrier Nation, you buying or selling on LaCouvee?

meauxmo
11-08-2015, 11:35 AM
I was going to ask the same question this morning. What say you Terrier Nation, you buying or selling on LaCouvee?

They should at least give the freshman a try since they have been surprised before.

ericredaxe
11-08-2015, 01:23 PM
What's up with Maguire? Injured? Just not getting starts? I assumed he would have played in one of the games this weekend...

brassbonanza
11-08-2015, 05:03 PM
What's up with Maguire? Injured? Just not getting starts? I assumed he would have played in one of the games this weekend...

Started at Merrimack last Friday, had a very poor game and was eventually pulled. Since then Connor performed fairly well against DU, and had two solid games this weekend. We'll see Maguire again relatively soon, I would think. Connor hasn't yet done enough to solidify himself as the definite #1.

Roberto's issue is repeated team rules violations. My gut feeling is I would not expect to see him back for a bit, if at all.

J.D.
11-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Maybe one of you guys will remember. Maine ended up with their goalie in the penalty box today. Didn't that happen with one of your goalies years back?

Carmine Scarpaglia
11-08-2015, 05:19 PM
Maybe one of you guys will remember. Maine ended up with their goalie in the penalty box today. Didn't that happen with one of your goalies years back?

Karson "Dizzy" Gillespie.

Rogie21
11-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Started at Merrimack last Friday, had a very poor game and was eventually pulled. Since then Connor performed fairly well against DU, and had two solid games this weekend. We'll see Maguire again relatively soon, I would think. Connor hasn't yet done enough to solidify himself as the definite #1.

Agreed for the most part. The key, of course, is consistency and no more "losing focus." Connor was outstanding in both NU games when it was on the line in the third. Of the five goals allowed this weekend, he had no chance on three (deflection, knocked in by Grizz, SHG). He handles the puck very well, which was his reputation in juniors. Next weekend? My guess is that LaCouvee gets the start on Friday with Saturday TBD.

They should at least give the freshman a try since they have been surprised before.

Nope. Not gonna happen, barring injuries.

If you didn't get to watch Saturday's game, there's a free archived Webcast.
http://portal.stretchinternet.com/northeastern/portal.htm?eventId=222357&streamType=video

Scarlet
11-08-2015, 05:52 PM

Many moons ago when BU played North Dakota at Walter Brown, the UND goalie had to sit in the box. Can't recall if it was a regular season or a playoff game.

defkit
11-08-2015, 06:18 PM
The early returns on how O'Regan and Oksanen would do without Eichel are positive. Both are ahead of last years PPG pace, O'Regan by a good margin.

Bomber
11-08-2015, 08:34 PM

Two solid games? You're calling Friday night's game solid? :eek::eek: (Someone alert mookie and Jofa, I'm going negative.) The kid barely looks like a D1 goalie to me. He plays too deep in the crease, he's skittish when things get hairy in front of the net and he's lousy with the puck. I think this is going to be a big problem for this team all year. Hope I'm wrong.

BU Hockey: Puck Stops Where?

Rogie21
11-08-2015, 08:37 PM
The early returns on how O'Regan and Oksanen would do without Eichel are positive. Both are ahead of last years PPG pace, O'Regan by a good margin.

Thirteen of their combined 19 points recorded since JFK moved to C1.

brassbonanza
11-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Two solid games? You're calling Friday night's game solid? :eek::eek: (Someone alert mookie and Jofa, I'm going negative.) The kid barely looks like a D1 goalie to me. He plays too deep in the crease, he's skittish when things get hairy in front of the net and he's lousy with the puck. I think this is going to be a big problem for this team all year. Hope I'm wrong.

His performance on Friday, outside of the terrible stretch in the second, was excellent. His third period was very, very good. Not sure what you want him to do when pucks are being tipped above the crossbar (though there was really no camera angle to prove it) and being knocked in by his own D men.

The Zlax45
11-08-2015, 10:51 PM

Big step up for BU with a home and home against the likely number 1 team in the nation..