PDA

View Full Version : Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Bomber
11-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Grzelcyk in the lineup tomorrow night.

Who sits?

Tater
11-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Who sits?

I haven't seen official lines but I would think the 6 listed below are playing barring injuries. Unless MacLeod is in the doghouse for taking too many penalties. Diffley is the tough out.

Grzelcyk/McAvoy/Somerby/MacLeod/Fortunato/Hickey

Rogie21
11-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Who sits?

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Hickey-Fortunato
Somerby-MacLeod

Based on games thus far, Somerby has really stepped up his game--more speed, more offense, good decisions. We can assume this is his final season at BU.

BU Fan 84
11-06-2015, 08:32 AM
Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Hickey-Fortunato
Somerby-MacLeod

Based on games thus far, Somerby has really stepped up his game--more speed, more offense, good decisions. We can assume this is his final season at BU.

It'd be interesting to see ice time after each game. I'd prefer to have Somerby-MacLeod out there more often than Hickey-Fortunato, if we're going to keep the two best defensive defensemen together.

Friend_of_BU_Hockey
11-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Hickey-Fortunato
Somerby-MacLeod

Somerby was drafted in 2012 by the Islanders. If he's to return for his Senior year, he'd become a UFA as the Islanders have until 8/15/2016 to sign him to an ELC.

Given the strides he's made in his game, I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make. Have also heard if he continues on his current academic path, he'll be very close to graduating after this academic year.

brassbonanza
11-06-2015, 09:52 AM
It'd be interesting to see ice time after each game. I'd prefer to have Somerby-MacLeod out there more often than Hickey-Fortunato, if we're going to keep the two best defensive defensemen together.

It's a thought, though the Hickey Fortunato line is more offensive, and I think he wants those guys out there more often with the top lines to run the offense.

Edit:
Per BHB podcast Quinn said it would be:
Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Somerby-MacLeod
Fortunato-Hickey

Tater
11-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Now that we are talking D-lines, anybody read anything into the fact that MacLeod played mainly the top D line last year and the third pairing this year? Is Quinn just giving all 3 lines equal time? Is it is style of play or development? Is it a personnel reason - and now that Grzelcyk is back they may be re-paired again?

Just a surprising thought I had since the season started but no one seems to have noted on here.

Agganis
11-06-2015, 10:03 AM
Somerby was drafted in 2012 by the Islanders. If he's to return for his Senior year, he'd become a UFA as the Islanders have until 8/15/2016 to sign him to an ELC.

Doyle would actually be a free agent in June, like Mike Reilly was this year. Increasing the already very high chance that he leaves after this year.

Now that we are talking D-lines, anybody read anything into the fact that MacLeod played mainly the top D line last year and the third pairing this year? Is Quinn just giving all 3 lines equal time? Is it is style of play or development? Is it a personnel reason - and now that Grzelcyk is back they may be re-paired again?

Just a surprising thought I had since the season started but no one seems to have noted on here.

I don't believe he played top pair because he was the 2nd best D. I believe they matched up Diffley and MacLeod with the older D last year to have a more reliable guy with the two of them. MacLeod being on the top pair likely just meant he was ahead of Diffley on the depth chart, which I think is still the case.

Rover
11-06-2015, 10:35 AM
Got the 7/3/14 email about the upcoming survey, did not receive the actual survey, nor the thanks for taking it from Quinn that Mookie speaks of. Only furthers my original point in all of this, that BU handled the entire situation very poorly. They based the decision (seemingly) on a survey that didn't get to everyone, then made the change after season ticket renewals were sent in. It comes off as them taking advantage of the perceived loyalty of their fans at the expense of this experiment, which to this point has been a failure.

Yeah, I would have remembered both a 4PM start and turning the Friends lounge into a sports bar. Some fans out here should change their screen name to Ben Dover, because they'll clearly take anything the athletic program wants to hand out. P !ss poor management of the situation and I'm curious what the real reason behind this change is.

Agganis
11-06-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm curious what the real reason behind this change is.

Does anyone actually think BU made this change for a reason other than to try to make more money (by putting more butts in the seats)?

The jury is very much out on if it will succeed, but it would be very unBU to move the game times at the expense of money for an ulterior motive.

mookie1995
11-06-2015, 10:47 AM
If there was a 2015 survey it had a VERY limited audience

Rover
11-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Does anyone actually think BU made this change for a reason other than to try to make more money (by putting more butts in the seats)?

The jury is very much out on if it will succeed, but it would be very unBU to move the game times at the expense of money for an ulterior motive.

I was thinking they planned on using the arena in the evening for some other reason, so figured they'd make the loyal hockey people accept a weird start time, then rent out the arena for whatever reason later on. Somebody check to see if they're holding Sat night weddings in that place. :D

claver2010
11-06-2015, 12:19 PM
I was thinking they planned on using the arena in the evening for some other reason, so figured they'd make the loyal hockey people accept a weird start time, then rent out the arena for whatever reason later on. Somebody check to see if they're holding Sat night weddings in that place. :D

or maybe the penalty box for the after party?

:eek::eek:

mookie1995
11-06-2015, 12:21 PM
or maybe the penalty box for the after party?

:eek::eek:

Mookie didn't get a sign up for that either?!? :mad:

Bomber
11-06-2015, 12:34 PM
. Diffley is the tough out.

Can he play goal?

Scarlet
11-06-2015, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I would have remembered both a 4PM start and turning the Friends lounge into a sports bar. Some fans out here should change their screen name to Ben Dover, because they'll clearly take anything the athletic program wants to hand out. P !ss poor management of the situation and I'm curious what the real reason behind this change is.

I take it this is directed at me? :rolleyes:

Rover
11-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I take it this is directed at me? :rolleyes:

I wasn't thinking about you when I wrote that but if the shoe fits...;)

mookie1995
11-06-2015, 02:47 PM
OH, and F U to all FOH tonight.

No lounge post-game. "Private party"

Rover
11-06-2015, 02:53 PM
OH, and F U to all FOH tonight.

No lounge post-game. "Private party"

Huh, maybe I'm onto something about using the arena on Sat nights.. ;)

FiveHole12
11-06-2015, 02:55 PM
I hear they're taking a vote in the lounge tonight to turn it into a kiddie day care for the 4 p.m. starts.
Rumor has it, with the overwhelming popularity of 4 pm starts, the measure will pass.

:D :p