X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2015-16: Hobey Roy Kenobi and the Freshman Force

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    ...But we are just 1-10-4 this season against teams in the top 20 of the pairwise...I really hope we beat Maine and have a chance to play Notre Dame (or lowell if bu loses to umass...lol) and show that we are really playing better and it's not just the weaker competition
    I don't think I can be accused of being an apologist and I certainly don't take issue with the quoted stat. But of the three ties, one was at Conte, where BC rarely does anything but win, one was at Tsongas, where UML is always strong, one was at South Bend, and one was at Matthews vs then #1 QPac. Of the 10 losses, the ones to BC and UML were defeats snatched from the jaws of victory while the loss at ND was close (one goal). So it's not like they were totally dominated, except by bu, PC, and Minny.

Totally agree with what you say about Round 2 of the playoffs but not looking past Round 1 at this point.
    Last edited by Split-N; 02-28-2016, 12:58 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Also-- for a long time-- they led the NCAA in 1-goal losses. How ever far they end up in HE playoffs, they will give the opposition some very tense moments.

Comment

Two nice moments from last night--- 1) Tanner Pond scoring a goal-- played a nice game, drew a bunch of penalties, didn't retaliate. Obviously, he doesn't get a lot of ice-time, but really works in practice. 2) Classy move by Madigan to get Derick Roy into the game and allow him to skate off the Matthews ice for the final time as a winner.

Comment

That 1-10-4 stat is telling. Regardless, take care of maine and then you'll get your chance to prove what you are. I know i'm basing it on results against bad teams but the bottom line is you have been dominating those teams. ND isn't a team that blows you out, so i expect you to give them a series and maybe even win it.

Comment

is the way they have played in the last 20 more telling? c'mon, man.

Comment

let's go now you #23 nu red headed step childs!!!!! beat up on umo and then go to indiana to beat them carpetbaggers!!!!

DO IT!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinRoy4HobeyBaker View Post
                Also-- for a long time-- they led the NCAA in 1-goal losses..
                and where, pray tell, is that banner going?

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinRoy4HobeyBaker View Post
                  is the way they have played in the last 20 more telling? c'mon, man.
                  More telling than the 1-10-4 against good teams or whatever? Guess we'll find out when you play ND. I did say i think you have a chance to beat ND. you'll get your chance to backup the last 20 games.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    and where, pray tell, is that banner going?
                    your mother's 5-hole.

Comment

PWR is now 22? YIKESSSSS

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinRoy4HobeyBaker View Post
                        your mother's 5-hole.
                        Come now child, we can't have you addressing your elders in such a crude and disrespectful manner.
                        Even after bu is eliminated, you mustn't refer to Mookie's mother that way as she is said to be in the USWPP. :>)

Comment

There is nothing wrong with "your mother" jokes

Comment

I hear that Mookie's mom has got it goin' on. She's all I want, I've waited for so long

Comment

I know it might be wrong. But I'm in love with Mookie's mom.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinRoy4HobeyBaker View Post
                                PWR is now 22? YIKESSSSS
                                If we had not lost to Bentley we would be sitting around #15.
                                GO NU!
                                --------------------------------------------------
                                2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Working...
                                X