This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2015-16: Hobey Roy Kenobi and the Freshman Force

I always am cautiously optimistic. I feel good about tonigt, this BU team is not like last years team. They are good but they are beatable.

Comment

• Team looking like they did at beginning of season.. totally flat.. unprepared by coaching staff yet again. Regardless of outcome tonight. there needs to be change.
      God has blessed NU.. just not the hockey. Gotta remember though, god helps those who help themselves.. reason # 1000000 for new leadership, new blood at the top. Hopefully there is some sense in the ADs office. God help us
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Dreadful performance tonight. Haven't even sniffed a goal...
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Roy needs to hit the gym before he plays another meaningful D1 game. Tough seeing him get taken off the puck time & again.
          Madigan. he just needs to hit the road.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            Roy needs to hit the gym before he plays another meaningful D1 game. Tough seeing him get taken off the puck time & again.
            Madigan. he just needs to hit the road.

#1 This team is better without Kevin Roy, and I can't wait until him and his hapless brother are gone. I will say this, he never plays one second in the NHL. So wishing he had left when he was a Hobby finalist, injury aside he just makes everyone worse. PERIOD great hockey players make their team mates better and even in season 1 to 3 he never really did that. #2 JM ? What can you say, slow starts and yet we can still finish .500 and be stuck with him again.

Comment

Wow. From the HC right down this was a horrendous game. Usually NU loses putting together a few goals/makes it interesting. Tonight was complete ineptitude.

Ruck was outstanding.

Madigan was mind boggling.

You have one very talented player on the team. For some reason Madigan pairs him with Brendan Collier and Sam Kurker. That's like being on a line with two zombies.

When they put Roy out with McMutry and Sikura it was a decent group.

However, that in itself was an error. McMurtry-Sikura-Gaudette had been my favorite line going. There were pretty good again tonight. Gaudette was playing great/riding a solid point streak into the night.

Madigan takes Gaudette off the only line that had producing SOME chances early in the game and replaces him with Roy. Gaudette is now with Collier-Kurker.

Can he just put Roy on the ****ed first line? The lines are a mess. I'm not sure what Madigan is trying to do. The Stevens-Stevens-AstonReese line does nothing for me.

The most talented forwards are Gaudette Roy Sikura and probably McMurtry I think from what I've seen in my limited games this year. Thank god I've seen limited games; after watching tonight.

The defensemen? LOL. The fact Benning sniffed an NHL draftboard is amazing to me. Cockerill and Saucerman? Forget it. Fennell Williams and Owens are okay. Is Darou their best defensemen? I can't even believe I'm typing that right now. I think Darou is their best overall defensemen.

This team is going nowhere fast. It's Crowder-esque. I remember those days and I don't want to go back. Tonight felt hopeless. When they scored the empty netter Madigan didn't even try to pull the goalie either. He just completely conceded and left Ruck out there. What type of message does that send? If Madigan has another year I'm not sure it's worth watching.
              ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
              ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
              .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://***********/RealJayKenney

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                #1 This team is better without Kevin Roy, and I can't wait until him and his hapless brother are gone. I will say this, he never plays one second in the NHL. So wishing he had left when he was a Hobby finalist, injury aside he just makes everyone worse. PERIOD great hockey players make their team mates better and even in season 1 to 3 he never really did that. #2 JM ? What can you say, slow starts and yet we can still finish .500 and be stuck with him again.
                He's playing with Brendan Collier and Sam Kurker. David Quinn basically cut Collier. Kurker played in 12 games at BU, had 1 goal, no assists, and was a fourth line center.
                ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/

Comment

The state of Northeastern: This really says it all. Unbelievable.

http://tinypic.com/r/2hqw9ih/9

Comment

Buccigross was clearly embarrassed by it at least. He tweeted a picture to hype the segment with the right part of the screen cut off then called out their graphics team after. Can't help some intern doing something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      Buccigross was clearly embarrassed by it at least. He tweeted a picture to hype the segment with the right part of the screen cut off then called out their graphics team after. Can't help some intern doing something stupid.
                      Producers usually make the graphics so it's likely someone full time that made the mistake. Then again no one knows college hockey- so.

Comment

And SVP just went back on the air with the graphic apologizing for it. Which I'm pretty sure is more of an apology than ESPN has ever given after messing anything up. And more airtime/mention than we got in the original segment. All's well that ends well I suppose.
                        Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-01-2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          Team looking like they did at beginning of season.. totally flat.. unprepared by coaching staff yet again. Regardless of outcome tonight. there needs to be change.
                          God has blessed NU.. just not the hockey. Gotta remember though, god helps those who help themselves.. reason # 1000000 for new leadership, new blood at the top. Hopefully there is some sense in the ADs office. God help us
                          God? What the hell is the matter with you

Comment

Here is my take.

McMurtey and Ruck were great, after that....
                            Roy is definitely still hurt, wasn't playing with any push at all. Looks like a shell of himself. Their D are terrible, I will be so happy to see Saucerman graduate. He can't skate, williams is slow, Cockerill is slow. I have always liked Darou, have wondered why he hasn't played more. Benning makes bad decisions, like that cross zone pass with 3 mins to go that lead to 60 seconds of attach time for BU. Overall they were not good last night, but some of that you need to credit BU. They are the better team, there speed, strength, and skill made it hard for NU to get anything going. I know the popular think to do here is to blame the coachs, I don't know enough about that to comment. If I had a say though, I think it is time to look at who evaluates the incoming D talent, who is advising Madigan on these guys. I have heard Shea coming next year is the real deal. I really hope so, cause there isn't a D1 dman on the team. You can't say that about the forwards, there is some talent there, they are just so bad on the blue line.

Sam Kurker? Has the GM been fired, or at least the scout that advised on drafting him in the 2nd round. He is brutal, he makes Collier look like speed skater. For some reason these guys just didn't put it together last night, they came out of the game playing well, controlled played for 6-7 minutes then faded and then BU scored and that was it.

Ryan Ruck was outstanding, I know he has been good lately. Freshman goalie making the jump to D1, maybe just needed some time. Glad to see.

I think 6-7 place in HE is where they belong because of there very weak D man. Improve the blue line they will be better. Anyone have any insight in any other incoming Dman for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP66 View Post
                              God? What the hell is the matter with you
                              Jerry, as you are a new poster, I'll fill you in about "Northeastern" (The poster, not the U.) "Northeastern" has had a major braid across his arse where Jim Madigan is concerned for several years. IHHO JM can do nothing right and should be using his sales skills to raise $ for the U. - anything that will keep him away from the team. The fact that he kept the team together after a miserable start, and that they had won 7 of their last 8 games is an aberration to his way of thinking. When the team wins, he goes relatively quiet. When they lose, he goes relatively ballistic and points his keyboard at the coaching staff and their perceived (by him) shortcomings. Perhaps he thinks we should win every game!

He wants to see Madigan fired and seems to think that he can effect change by whining to the other posters on this board. He has yet to learn that if you want to make a sale, you should make your pitch to a decision maker. He should put in a call to Roby and have a chat - unless he hates him, too.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                Jerry, as you are a new poster, I'll fill you in about "Northeastern" (The poster, not the U.) "Northeastern" has had a major braid across his arse where Jim Madigan is concerned for several years. IHHO JM can do nothing right and should be using his sales skills to raise $ for the U. - anything that will keep him away from the team. The fact that he kept the team together after a miserable start, and that they had won 7 of their last 8 games is an aberration to his way of thinking. When the team wins, he goes relatively quiet. When they lose, he goes relatively ballistic and points his keyboard at the coaching staff and their perceived (by him) shortcomings. Perhaps he thinks we should win every game!

He wants to see Madigan fired and seems to think that he can effect change by whining to the other posters on this board. He has yet to learn that if you want to make a sale, you should make your pitch to a decision maker. He should put in a call to Roby and have a chat - unless he hates him, too.
                                I like having Jim as the coach, he is an alumni and is very respected in the hockey community. Believe me he is, especially in the college and pro areas. This is tough job, you have BU and BC as neighbors and you are the little brother. No coach has been able to change that, maybe if when Mike Babcock decided he wants to coach college someday he can change that but that is the reality of it. NU needs to recruit kids that improve while they are here and became good college players, one guy on this team I would point to is McMurtry. He has improved 10 fold, I think ZAR has progressed as a player, I think Nolan is improving. Jim will level the playing field here, I believe that, this will be a very respectable program that will win more than it loses. There will be beanpots and NCAA appearances. 5 years in, I am a little disappointed in where they are, but I still think he will succeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X