This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2015-16: Hobey Roy Kenobi and the Freshman Force

that hickey goal in the 3rd is the type i hate the most on this earth.... fwd's not bothering to hustle back and let a defenseman (a DEFENSEMAN!!!) park himself in front for an uncontested tap in. AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

so glad it wasn't my boys
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I went over to Comm. Ave. tonight & had great seats and for the most part it was an exciting game to watch. While the game was somewhat close because our Huskies had flashes of offensive promise, at times also attempted to press and really apply the gas, the truth is that even though we has 40 shots, BU was the better hockey team for 45 minutes and earned the W.

NU is undisciplined and when playing end to end can display tremendous offensive surges, but in doing so totally give up the fundamentals of team hockey. Their D is absolutely atrocious at times and their goal tending is questionable, clearly both areas are arguably amongst the worst in DIV 1 in my view this season.

Despite that fact, they were in this game by sheer will, however do not expect it to happen night in and night out with any regularity. To their credit the top NU line is as good as BU’s top line. From there the drop of is drastic and noticeable in every facet of the game. Our 2nd line is not as good as BU line 2, and the NU 3rd line might be hard pressed to be starting at a top DIV 3 program like Babson, Plattsburgh or Norwich. Jim also runs out some 4th liners on occasion, these players lack DIV 1 skills and that’s it.

This in reality is the tip of the iceberg that is sinking the program. Depth, we don’t have depth, period! BU and BC do, and until we do we likely won’t be winning these one goal games with any level of consistency. Coach or no coach, AD or no AD. The reality is that there simply aren’t enough of these blue chip kids to go around. That does not mean that we can't win, we can be in every game but we will never have back tot back 20 win seasons barring a major miracle.

This is the reality we must life with, however we could and should do a lot better to put a quality product on the ice year in and year out. This year, I believe we don’t have a complete and quality product and we may be hard pressed looking at the schedule to get 15 or even just 10 Wins. It’s another slow start at now 1-6-1 and I think although we deserve better. Although, I am not certain we can make any change to the condition of this program or the sometimes lofty expectations we place upon it understanding our space in the DIV 1 hockey world.
      Last edited by RossiRules; 11-14-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Very dissapointing to say the least. Fwiw, I'll be in attendance tomorrow night. Doghouse, all I ask for are 2 signs. #StacysMom and #RobyMustGo
        Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

JM.. please do the right thing and resign immediately.

You do not have the ability to coach at the D1 level. You gave it a shot.. okay great (actually school gave you a gift).. now please do us all a favor (and the school you love so much).. a huge, huge service.. and remove yourself.

Help the U. realize what they have failed to realize. C'mon Jim, its been several years of torture now.. its not working.

Do the right thing sooner rather than later.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=northeastern;6220820]JM.. please do the right thing and resign immediately.

You do not have the ability to coach at the D1 level. You gave it a shot.. okay great (actually school gave you a gift).. now please do us all a favor (and the school you love so much).. a huge, huge service.. and remove yourself.

Help the U. realize what they have failed to realize. C'mon Jim, its been several years of torture now.. its not working.

Do the right thing sooner rather than later.[QUOTE]

You couldn't have said it better, and im assuming many agree with you seeing as there has been silence here for a while, thank you for speaking the truth,
            anyway just in case you didnt know tonights (thurs) games will broadcast on NESN plus and I believe up north on TSN2 whereas Fridays game will be on at least the NBC Sports Live extra app. Im not sure about TV coverage
            I will be straight with you all, I really love this team and im stuck with desperately wanting them to win and hoping they actually lose that changes will have to be made and I just feel terrible about it! Nevertheless #GoNU
            Last edited by Happy Husky; 11-12-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

yes they are on nesn + tonight & i believe nbc sports extra tomorrow night?. anyway, the tough road continues with providence on tap after this wknd (talk about a school & admin that get it.. good for them). then off to the belpot (genius thinking).. to face... (drum roll).. Lowell (another school that gets the hockey landscape.. here or in europe).

we've had our highs & lows as a program over the years ..even the Ben Smith era had ups & downs.. but never have i felt so pessimistic about the program. these guys (AD, HC, cronies).. are just plain clueless (not to mention, selfish) about doing the right things for the hockey. anyway, what do we have to lose.. all the best to the team.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                ...these guys (AD, HC, cronies).. are just plain clueless (not to mention, selfish) about doing the right things for the hockey. anyway, what do we have to lose.. all the best to the team.
                Try not to paint all of us older alumni with the same broad brush. The concern and consternation cuts across the entire Husky Nation demographic.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Try not to paint all of us older alumni with the same broad brush. The concern and consternation cuts across the entire Husky Nation demographic.
                  huh? never did that. i am a (somewhat older ).. alum myself. not sure why you thought that. cronies are the dinos.. never learning to change with the ever changing hockey landscape that even smaller schools around us have adapted to & changed with, ..with success.
                  you have over the years (with your comments on here & elsewhere).. not come across as that. we cannot defend the status quo blindly. i will not give a penny more to the U. until there is change. the cronies will yawn at me and conduct business as usual. it is what it is.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                    yes they are on nesn + tonight & i believe nbc sports extra tomorrow night?. anyway, the tough road continues with providence on tap after this wknd (talk about a school & admin that get it.. good for them).
                    Is there that big of a difference between the PC and NU situation aside from one school's coaching hire being a grand-slam and the other school's coaching hire being the equivalent of bunting a foul ball with two strikes? What does the PC admin do differently?
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

You have a real talent for couching a slap in the face in the form of a question. Still, the question is reasonable and merits an answer. Remember that Madigan's immediate boss is peter roby a.k.a. "The Hockey Assassin". His actions against Cronin 5 years ago gave PC hockey a huge boost in the form of Jon Gillies. While roby likes Madigan, I'm 200% certain that if the basketball team wins 20+ games, He will feel far more elation than if the hockey team wins 30 games. His heart is on the hardwood, not on the ice. Simple as that.

PC has a star on its hands. It will give him whatever he needs to be happy and successful. Perhaps his next ask will be for a Div. 1 rink. I wonder what the PC Basketball think about all this.
                      Last edited by HHound; 11-12-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Thought NU had some strong areas against BU last weekend. This thread seems only focused on administrative issues. Think NU turn it around similar to last year. However nothing will change if Roy doesn't start scoring thought Stevens brothers were good and even Kurker showed up Sat night.

Comment

That's a fair assessment. The problem was that bu played more of the 60 minute game than the Huskies played. bu's first period on Friday was described by their homer announcers as the "best period bu has played all season." NU's second period was the most productive they have played all year as they scored 4 goals. It appears that Sikura and Roy have changed uniforms this year. I wish someone had told us. The third period was all bu for the first half as they scored the two goals that won the game. NU woke up and threw the kitchen sink at LaCouvee. bu got the bounces it needed and came away with the win. Saturday NU didn't show up for the first period and was outshot 18-2. It was amazing that they only trailed by 1 goal.

My point is that they seem to start their games in the second period. They've scored 2 (two) goals in the first period through 9 games while giving up 15. I hope they have better luck chasing girls than they have chasing games! Let's hope they can break from that pattern tonight and tomorrow.
                          Last edited by HHound; 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I hate to be a negative nelly, but the gut reality check is much needed. Don't look now but I see a potential for 1-18-1 before we get UNH if we lose those 2 which we could 1-20-1 is a reality and until we play CT we won't have a breather. This could be the worst start and season in school history. I really don't think they can win any tight games at all this year, they may be in a few but they won't win them. Sad state of affairs.

Comment

I have them pencilled for 2-14-2 at the break. They can probably beat Brown and tie... someone. Maybe Michigan State.

Comment

At least y'all will make the playoffs
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X