X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016:: Six Flags Over the HFH

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Jenny just wants to know if you can find the time to come to a mostly empty but frigid Bake Rink so we won't be alone there.
    Too bad it isn't Saturday afternoon... much easier from here. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a 70 MPH speed limit again.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      It was a solid all around effort today. Saw guys really hustling for loose pucks, and we had some solid open ice hits that threw off BC at times. Bubela won a huge draw late in our own end and as others mentioned, guys came up huge with blocked shots and Kasdorf was solid. Good winning formula,(minus some of the penalties) let's keep it going in Alaska.
      I will have to see if RPI tv has anything to watch later... I was busy this afternoon and couldn't see it. For all the things you saw and cited above: keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
        I will have to see if RPI tv has anything to watch later... I was busy this afternoon and couldn't see it. For all the things you saw and cited above: keep it up!
        I've seen it in the Youtube subscriptions (assuming you have them subscribed). If not, it'll be on rpitv.org in a couple days; at least that's their usual MO.

Comment

SA's postgame interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kFjauikRE
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to the Engineers and their fans for beating BC!

(Sure glad I didn't pick Demko)
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
              Congrats to the Engineers and their fans for beating BC!

(Sure glad I didn't pick Demko)
              He was still worth 2 points; RPI got 28 shots on net.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I think that this is the first time I totally agree with everything Appert said after a game.
                We played for sixty minutes and showed a lot more talent then we did in the previous two games.
                Now I hope we can remember what we did and do the same thing for the rest of the season.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

15 votes for our beloved Engineers

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-me...ober-12,-2015/
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    ......and PU with 19?????????? Really?
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

It's amazing what winning can do!

I was unfortunately on a lab outing at Six Flags so I was following the game on twitter rather than watching at home, but it sounds like we played a "lunch pail" style of game or whatever you want to call it. Faced a lot of shots, blocked a lot of shots, relied on outstanding goaltending, and scored when we could. It's great when it works, but ask the 2013 Leafs and 13-14 Avs how things go when the goalie fades from outstanding to merely above average. I don't mean to dump on the team at all, and since I've only seen the goals, feel free to correct my assessment, but this type of game is dangerous to play. I hope we're able to carry it forward, start limiting shots (and shot attempts) against, limit the penalties, continue winning at least half of the faceoffs, and most importantly, keep winning.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I think that this is the first time I totally agree with everything Appert said after a game.
                        We played for sixty minutes and showed a lot more talent then we did in the previous two games.
                        Now I hope we can remember what we did and do the same thing for the rest of the season.
                        I hope that coach SA does not tinker too much with what we did last night. Although we were not perfect by any means, the lines we put out there all contributed something. I also hope a lot of the flubbed shots were ice related as we had some really good looks and guys just missed getting anything on the shot. I liked the face off stats even more. From my perspective they were even better when you count only those deep in each zone. ET was a welcome addition and once we get a crew of linesmen who learn how to properly drop the puck we could be even better. Going back some, he reminded me a bit of St. Hillaire on faceoffs and I suspect it made a difference yesterday. BC is a very quick transition team and moves up ice like an express but the Nanne/Melanson line kept forcing them to just slow down a bit and that also helped but never shows up on the score sheet. The biggest thing though, without doubt, is Kasdorf when healthy. Just controls the tempo and seems to know exactly when to hold onto a puck or when to move it out of the way. Love seeing his contro on the ice and being healthy will be the key to our season.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Aspy: Ignore this poll for now. Two teams without a win (one with 2 losses and another with a loss and a tie) ranked highly? Teams who have not played ranked above teams that have quality wins? Still a popularity contest and voted upon by people who have not seen the teams that they are rating (and often times not even knowing the results of games). It will take about a month before anything on there has any meaning and even then, probably not much.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Jenny and I have seen PU at practice. I am not saying they deserve a single vote yet (they haven't played) but I ranked them in the bottom 2 in Vic's contest before I saw them and although I cannot tell much from practice, I may be very sorry for listing them so low. They are pretty big and very fast on the Baker Rink ice and will be somewhat tough at least on home ice. We will be seeing them some before RPI comes down here on January 7th but for right now, I would be extremely satisfied if we get away from thee with a narrow win.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              It's amazing what winning can do!

I was unfortunately on a lab outing at Six Flags so I was following the game on twitter rather than watching at home, but it sounds like we played a "lunch pail" style of game or whatever you want to call it. Faced a lot of shots, blocked a lot of shots, relied on outstanding goaltending, and scored when we could. It's great when it works, but ask the 2013 Leafs and 13-14 Avs how things go when the goalie fades from outstanding to merely above average. I don't mean to dump on the team at all, and since I've only seen the goals, feel free to correct my assessment, but this type of game is dangerous to play. I hope we're able to carry it forward, start limiting shots (and shot attempts) against, limit the penalties, continue winning at least half of the faceoffs, and most importantly, keep winning.
                              Of course this is only my opinion. Yes we relied on JK to save us in this game and why not? He is one of the best goalies I ever saw in college when healthy. But this was not a game where he did it all. Every line contributed. SA rolled the lines well and these groups should stay pretty much together until proven otherwise. BC is very good and we did a lot beside just let our goalie stop them. We blocked 41 shots, we disrupted their rushes and fought along the boards and at times had them on their heels. Sure they could have scored more if Kasdorf did not put in a phenomenal performance. But we had several good chances we created including a 3 on 1 rush and a few other great looks where we just flubbed a shot or went wide or they were able to block as we did. If we play like this for all 60 minutes of every game, most teams will have a lot of trouble against us. And remember, we did this with a bunch on the injury list and perhaps somewhat deflated after a poor showing on Friday night. If you can, watch the replay on RPI TV in a day or so and form your own opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                I think that WaP figured it out

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X