X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016:: Six Flags Over the HFH

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
    Shot blocking by RPI was the difference imo. Kasdorf made some good saves no doubt but alot were right at his gut. Nice win!
    Kasdorf finished with 36 saves, while Demko had 26. The Engineers blocked 45 shots in the game, including 18 in each of the final two periods..... http://ecachockey.com/men/2015-16/Ga...0151110_RPI_BC
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

The boys played for each other today. Kazzie performance was the best I have seen from an RPI netminder in the 40 years that I have been going to HFH. Frosh class played well. All around gutty performance. Congrats to the players , staff and Seth Appert on a great effort and preparation for taking down the #1 team in the country.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It was a solid all around effort today. Saw guys really hustling for loose pucks, and we had some solid open ice hits that threw off BC at times. Bubela won a huge draw late in our own end and as others mentioned, guys came up huge with blocked shots and Kasdorf was solid. Good winning formula,(minus some of the penalties) let's keep it going in Alaska.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Great to see Marc and Shaggy returning to their roots. Maybe Marc helped out with the faceoffs (did he play center? I can't remember).

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                The boys played for each other today. Kazzie performance was the best I have seen from an RPI netminder in the 40 years that I have been going to HFH. Frosh class played well. All around gutty performance. Congrats to the players , staff and Seth Appert on a great effort and preparation for taking down the #1 team in the country.
                40 years? Jeez, I think we should get a plaque installed for you or maybe we can find room for a statue? Hey, you guys joining us in Princeton this year??
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  I just read this after I got home from doing the game, but this is almost exactly what I said on air. Great job on the prediction.
                  Thanks Jericho. I wouldn't have posted that prediction had I not seen BC play Army on Friday night. I felt that a team that had the same intensity as Army, but better talent and a smart strategy had a good chance to beat BC who relied on their talent alone to beat Army. They certainly didn't out hustle Army.

Great win for RPI today that they can build on, lesson learned for BC, bring the intensity and your 'A' game from the drop of the puck.

Only wish I took the time to drive up to see the game in person but I enjoyed watching the job the WRPI team did with today's broadcast. Nice job.

Hope to be at HFH for the Michigan game in two weeks.
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Cavosie was behind the bench today. There were tons of NHL scouts today, Little being one. Ray Shero (new GM of NJ) sat in the row behind me.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      40 years? Jeez, I think we should get a plaque installed for you or maybe we can find room for a statue? Hey, you guys joining us in Princeton this year??
                      I'm 48 Doc, actually my dad took me when I was 5. So I'm on my 43rd yr. No statue, you know how humble I am. Not sure, I will have to get kitchen pass from the Mrs. Would you please send mu luv to Jenny.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Those winning percentages are incorrect.

ECAC is .708
                        NCHC is .667
                        Hockey East is .750
                        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Cavosie was behind the bench today. There were tons of NHL scouts today, Little being one. Ray Shero (new GM of NJ) sat in the row behind me.
                          i would expect a lot of scouts to be present-we were playing BC which has how many former players now in the NHL? perhaps they were there to look a bit at an RPI player but I would think most of their attention (at least to start with) were on the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            I'm 48 Doc, actually my dad took me when I was 5. So I'm on my 43rd yr. No statue, you know how humble I am. Not sure, I will have to get kitchen pass from the Mrs. Would you please send mu luv to Jenny.
                            Jenny just wants to know if you can find the time to come to a mostly empty but frigid Baker Rink so we won't be alone there.
                            Last edited by DrDemento; 10-12-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              We do not often get to say this-we just beat the number 1 ranked team.
                              According to RPIAthletics.com, last time it happened was 1/29/11, when RPI beat Yale, 5-2. RPI's record coming into that game was 16-6-3.

Today's victory over No. 1, it's probably fair to say, was considerably more unexpected.

Comment

Today's victory over No. 1, it's probably fair to say, was considerably more unexpected.
                                I knew I couldn't make today's game... I am usually busy on Sundays. But it's clear that I wasn't the only one working today. They can play on Sunday anytime they want.
                                Last edited by fr. joe; 10-11-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X