X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2015 - 2016:: Six Flags Over the HFH

AspyDad dropping the mic over here
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaportrail View Post
      Wicked Slappaahs: "If you knew just how many times RPI has been screwed by blown/missed calls in its own building, you'd realize how silly you sound..."

Has it occurred to you that the the calls you whine about incessantly may in part be attributed to the reputation of Seth Appert and his cast? It's not just the ECAC coaches who disrespect RPI Hockey. Thanks for making my point more clearly than I could have hoped to. If Appert demonstrated a bit of integrity and humility, I expect you'd be more satisfied with the officiating.

DrDemento: Be careful with your Berretta 92S. As an early (trials) model 92, I encourage you to check the rear of the frame for metal fatigue: The 92S has a nasty habit of failing and sending the slide back into the face of the shooter (hence the USN SEAL preference for the Sig P226).
      I'll apologize in advance for not genuflecting before the doors of the Bennett-Bodie-Wilkins Center for Fair Play & Sportsmanship.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

While I'm a fan of college hockey, and I attend an equal number of RPI and Union games, I prefer to associate with a winner. Congratulations on a stunning 5-4-2 start. It looks like RPI may overachieve relative to the past decade, and could win more than 36% of games this year. Good to see Bentley's not on the schedule.

Correction: Good to see only one Bentley game this year.
        Last edited by Vaportrail; 11-17-2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Good to see Bentley's not on the schedule.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I prefer to associate with a winner.

So tell me again why you root for Union? Or are you just another bandwagoner who forgot to fall off?
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Ed Weaver article about Travis Fulton http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...rame-big-heart.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Ed Weaver article about Travis Fulton http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...rame-big-heart.
                It's about time that kid gets some love from the press. Even in games where it seems like the team is taking the night off (I can specifically remember the second Bentley game last year), he's still giving 150% out there trying to fire up the team.

Comment

Scumbag bandwagon fan is a bandwagon fan. There's something we didn't know.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I prefer to associate with a whiner.
                    no kidding.....
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Following up on our injured troops --- I too thought ETs injury looked like upper body. If it was a knee, I'd think we'd have had reports of him hobbled in a brace and/or on crutches. Until I hear otherwise, I'm holding out hope it's not ACL. As for Bubela I saw him in street clothes and he didn't have anything resembling a splint or wrap on a finger or hand. Again, I'll wait definitive info. Thanks to Hackett's very solid work, I'm ok if we hold Kaz out til he's back to 110% ...its a long season and we need him for long haul
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Is it just me, or when you account for body size, does he actually look a little like Buddy Hackett?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Is it just me, or when you account for body size, does he actually look a little like Buddy Hackett?
                          Hopefully not. Buddy's dead.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Very true, he died just after doing the second Little Mermaid movie. However, when looking at him on old episodes of Hollywood Squares, if you thin everything out and change the eye color, it's pretty close. Wonder if there's any relation.

Comment

What would Buddy Hackett be doing if he were alive today?

White text: he'd be pounding and screaming, "someone get me out of this box!"
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X