X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    I was talking about that with one of my friends. Basically saying all we need is one person to throw it, and then they'll go flying. Exactly how it played out sadly.
    Was a teen kid a few rows in front of me that threw the first one. His parents were clapping him on the back. How to parent. Idiots.

Bobby Allen wins unseeded heat of the PreNational XC meet in KY. (HUGE meet) Totally awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post

Yes, the announcer is new but seems to be slowly finding his game. And, hopefully, his Lowell pronunciation sheet.
      The announcer last night was new to Lowell hockey, but he's hardly a rookie - http://www.mikerileyannouncer.com/
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        The announcer last night was new to Lowell hockey, but he's hardly a rookie - http://www.mikerileyannouncer.com/
        Guess I didn't notice (or care) that it was someone totally diff. I didn't groan at least.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          At least it wasn't the guy from last week who was horrible. Last night's announcer was much better and would be an adequate replacement for the one from the past few years.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            I was talking about that with one of my friends. Basically saying all we need is one person to throw it, and then they'll go flying. Exactly how it played out sadly.
            They actually looked pretty cool out on the ice, sort of like a starry night's ski.
            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              A small reminder that 10% of your audience are *******s... The next 25% are ******* followers who wouldn't do things without the first guy.

Sucks, but always true.
              Embarrassing moment for the school.
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                Really? Grand scheme, that's pretty minor. Far far better than stuff in the headlines regarding hazing, assaults and other crap.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                  Really? Grand scheme, that's pretty minor. Far far better than stuff in the headlines regarding hazing, assaults and other crap.
                  Probably more a brain fart. Just a reminder to cancel battle axe night

Edit: I'd like to say I don't like that whole lights thing after the goal... First time we get that wrong it's a two minute penalty... And it'll be the last time it happens
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                    That's a little harsh. I'm sure they would have rather that it didn't happen, but it didn't hurt anybody. They weren't throwing trash at the players or officials. And I agree with riverchief, it did look kinda cool.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

It looked magical. WOnder what the players thought

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        Probably more a brain fart. Just a reminder to cancel battle axe night

Edit: I'd like to say I don't like that whole lights thing after the goal... First time we get that wrong it's a two minute penalty... And it'll be the last time it happens
                        Again....they never give a penalty without a warning and it happens at least twice a year around the league. Lights, horn, PA, whatever, every arena has their stuff. Far more important things to worry about.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Good sweep this weekend. Lot more even last night though, from what I hear.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Nail biter of a weekend but thankfully they came away with the two wins. Lots of work to do to get ready for Merrimack next weekend. High on the list is actually hitting the net on shots as way, way too many shots are sailing high, wide, or misfiring on certain goals. Need to finish. Should've had at least 3-4 more each night this weekend. This is followed closely by turnovers and messy/casual puck play.
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              Nail biter of a weekend but thankfully they came away with the two wins. Lots of work to do to get ready for Merrimack next weekend. High on the list is actually hitting the net on shots as way, way too many shots are sailing high, wide, or misfiring on certain goals. Need to finish. Should've had at least 3-4 more each night this weekend. This is followed closely by turnovers and messy/casual puck play.
                              That pretty much sums it up. I thought Kevin Boyle had a solid weekend. He made some big saves both nights.

Comment

So has anyone taken a look at Merrimack yet? This series always seems harder than we expect, and they've been looking good. I'd be very pleased with 3 points
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X