This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Connor Hellebuyck picked up his first NHL shutout last night with a 1-0 Jets win. He was named one of the Three Stars of the Night by the NHL.

He's 6-3 this year so far with a 92.6% save rate and a 2.12 GAA (one bad game in his last one where he was pulled).
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Also, hockey again tonight! Finally! Both HE writers picking Lowell to win this tournament.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Connor Hellebuyck picked up his first NHL shutout last night with a 1-0 Jets win. He was named one of the Three Stars of the Night by the NHL.

He's 6-3 this year so far with a 92.6% save rate and a 2.12 GAA (one bad game in his last one where he was pulled).
        Small sample size, but those a great numbers so far. Pretty cool that he responded with a shutout the next game after having been pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          If he was good enough for an ECHL pickup... I wonder what's up
          Not sure. For whatever reason he couldn't stay in the lineup. When he did play I thought he did a decent job and produced as well as some others. As a senior I thought he would have had a bigger role this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            It's nice to see former River Hawk Kim Brandvold getting some credit for his work with the Boston Bruins organization.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...BnI/story.html
            WTG Kimmer
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

btw, any pictures of church brew works at the holidays is appreciated
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                btw, any pictures of church brew works at the holidays is appreciated
                Noted
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
                  Any video coverage for the upcoming Three Rivers Classic?
                  we are enduring TV time outs for someone
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                    we are enduring TV time outs for someone
                    They just said on the radio that they are having media timeouts even though there is no tv coverage. I guess its an AHA thing with RMU being the host. Its optional to have them for hockey east non televised games and lowell elects not to do them for home games that are not televised.

That said Penn State is offering a free stream for their games.
                    Last edited by Middle Street; 12-28-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                      They just said on the radio that they are having media timeouts even though there is no tv coverage. I guess its an AHA thing with RMU being the host. Its optional to have them for hockey east non televised games and lowell elects not to do them for home games that are not televised.

That said Penn State is offering a free stream for their games.
                      It could be an Arena thing? Possibly they do not want the ice chips left out for the entire period.
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Clarkson radio having problems. What's your radio URL??
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Clarkson radio having problems. What's your radio URL??
                          http://espn.go.com/espnradio/playPopup?s=wgam-am

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            Thank you.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              It could be an Arena thing? Possibly they do not want the ice chips left out for the entire period.
                              It could be that too.

Comment

Clarkson is 0/29 on the PP since 10/24 when they hit 3 against WMU. We stink.

Make it 0 for 30. We need Flomax.
                                Last edited by joecct; 12-28-2015, 05:37 PM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X