X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    RPI defeats BC 2-1 this afternoon.
    Watched the game. RPI played a transition game with BC and won . BC looked pedestrian, but that could just be the fact they ****ed down their own legs with all the penalties they took.

Fun game to watch
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      well... um... then what do we have
      Potentially the best team in Hockey East.

Just keep winning. Gives us both a better shot down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Hopefully we'll see him next weekend. I thought the team looked good and it was nice to see the freshmen play well. I thought Gage Hough had a very good game.

A scary moment at the end of the 1st when Dylan Zink went off the ice with an apparent leg injury. I was surprised he returned and played the rest of the game.
        I was surprised Hough was skating with the 2nd line and receive as much PK time as he did, but I thought he played well.

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
          Has anyone heard any status on #10 McGrath? I was surprised to see him in the seats with some teammates rather than on the ice in uniform. He's always been tough so I am worried it might be serious if it was enough to keep him out of the opener.
          A lot of guys didn't dress on Friday that I thought would - McGrath, Edwardh. Kamrass, and Colantone come to mind right away. They all played in the exhibition game (Kamrass scored a goal), so perhaps they didn't have a good week at practice.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

maybe this was a way to see what the new guys could do. He knows what those guys can do already.

Comment

Lowell moves up to #9, from #14, with two first place votes in this week's USCHO poll.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

#9!? Pretty big jump just for beating RPI but I guess beating two teams who beat #1 BC counts for something. I don't think we'll really know how good this team is until 10/30 through 10/7 with 4 road games in a row against Top 20 teams. By the way folks, I'm not just a local fan anymore. I'm proud to say my daughter started at UML this fall!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                  #9!? Pretty big jump just for beating RPI but I guess beating two teams who beat #1 BC counts for something. I don't think we'll really know how good this team is until 10/30 through 10/7 with 4 road games in a row against Top 20 teams. By the way folks, I'm not just a local fan anymore. I'm proud to say my daughter started at UML this fall!
                  I think a lot of things played into it. Ordinarily beating RPI 3-0 would probably have kept us at 14-13 but a lot of teams ranked above us had rough weekends, especially Minnesota State, Minnesota, and Miami. In addition to #1 BC losing to RPI (dropped BC to #4), #2 Minnesota-Duluth lost to Bemidji State (dropped to #7), #3 BU lost to Union (dropped to #6), #5 Denver lost to Air Force, #6 Minnesota State lost two games to Omaha (dropped to #14), #9 Minnesota lost to Vermont (dropped to #15), and #11 Miami lost and tied #7 Providence (dropped to #17). But then again it's only Week One and this will be a movable feast for several weeks until things start to sift out.
                  Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    I'm proud to say my daughter started at UML this fall!
                    That's great! Congrats to you, and to her, congrats and best of luck!
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      I think a lot of things played into it. Ordinarily beating RPI 3-0 would probably have kept us at 14-13 but a lot of teams ranked above us had rough weekends, especially Minnesota State, Minnesota, and Miami. In addition to #1 BC losing to RPI (dropped BC to #4), #2 Minnesota-Duluth lost to Bemidji State (dropped to #7), #3 BU lost to Union (dropped to #6), #5 Denver lost to Air Force, #6 Minnesota State lost two games to Omaha (dropped to #14), #9 Minnesota lost to Vermont (dropped to #15), and #11 Miami lost and tied #7 Providence (dropped to #17). But then again it's only Week One and this will be a movable feast for several weeks until things start to sift out.
                      the truth will bear itself out... just keep playing good solid hockey
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I hate having this feeling, but Lowell has to sweep this weekend.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I was thinking the same thing. This series, the ASU series, and the AIC game are the scary (PWR) games on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Yeah they do. If we can't sweep CC at home I'll be very disappointed.

In other news is anyone going to hit up Oktoberfest before the game on Saturday? http://www.lowelloktoberfest.com/
                            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              I was thinking the same thing. This series, the ASU series, and the AIC game are the scary (PWR) games on the schedule.
                              Agreed. These games will come back and haunt UML at the end of the season if they don't win them all. Losses/ties to lesser teams did much to contribute to UML not making NCAAs last season.

Looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully the usual announcer is back as last week, the replacement guy was horrendous. No enthusiasm, no flow, messing up in-game promotions, and so on. If the usual announcer is no longer the announcer, hopefully the new guy got some lessons, reviewed prior seasons' game tapes, and has a better sense of what to do and how to do it. If not, get someone else.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                                Agreed. These games will come back and haunt UML at the end of the season if they don't win them all. Losses/ties to lesser teams did much to contribute to UML not making NCAAs last season.

Looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully the usual announcer is back as last week, the replacement guy was horrendous. No enthusiasm, no flow, messing up in-game promotions, and so on. If the usual announcer is no longer the announcer, hopefully the new guy got some lessons, reviewed prior seasons' game tapes, and has a better sense of what to do and how to do it. If not, get someone else.
                                The guy from the last few years (Ben) is gone. From his Twitter page:

Ben Rouleau ‏@goldenvoice007 Aug 12
                                Wish @RiverHawkHockey all the best this season as I step down as PA announcer. Thanks for your support over the past 5 years! #UnitedInBlue
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X