This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

9-1-3 at the Turkey Day split... 5-0-3 in league... nominally first place (with many schools having games in hand).

Great start.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

71/74 for Boyle this weekend. I bet Defensive POW honors go to Morris from Maine, but it feels like Boyle has stolen quite a few points for this team so far this season. Coming into the season definitely not something I saw coming.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        9-1-3 at the Turkey Day split... 5-0-3 in league... nominally first place (with many schools having games in hand).

Great start.
        Yeah, but BC is the only game, if they win all their games in hand, would they have more points than Lowell at this many games played. Good spot to be in for sure.

Comment

Does anyone know what smith did to get the 10 min? We were coming back to our seats when it happened and no one I asked knew. This isn't going to have any effect next game is it?

Comment

He said something to Low at the end of the play and Low immediately sent him to the box.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
              Does anyone know what smith did to get the 10 min? We were coming back to our seats when it happened and no one I asked knew. This isn't going to have any effect next game is it?
              The misconduct will not impact C.J. from playing in the next game unless Norm decides to sit him. I believe he was taken down in the offensive zone prior to the call. I assume he wasn't happy with that and then said the magic words.

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
                No, it was only a ten minute game misconduct, not at ten minute game disqualification which comes with it, a game suspension. Smith is ok for the next game.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  He said something to Low at the end of the play and Low immediately sent him to the box.
                  Wow, that must have something really bad. I have seen players in general who seem to jabber a bit after a call but the only time they got more for mouthing off has been after a particularly egregious offense

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    No, it was only a ten minute game misconduct, not at ten minute game disqualification which comes with it, a game suspension. Smith is ok for the next game.
                    There was nothing 'game' about that penalty. It was 10 minutes and that was it
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                      There was nothing 'game' about that penalty. It was 10 minutes and that was it
                      Oh duh, you're right.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        The misconduct will not impact C.J. from playing in the next game unless Norm decides to sit him. I believe he was taken down in the offensive zone prior to the call. I assume he wasn't happy with that and then said the magic words.
                        If it's the play I think it was, then by "taken down" you mean, was DDT'd to the ice with the refs looking on and no one called it. I would have told him to go do certain things to his mother as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                          If it's the play I think it was, then by "taken down" you mean, was DDT'd to the ice with the refs looking on and no one called it. I would have told him to go do certain things to his mother as well.
                          Yup, I think we're talking about the same play.

For the folks heading to Belfast, have a fun and safe trip. It's great that NESN will be showing the games. Hopefully the Hawks can take care of business.

Comment

Lowell Sun game article.

Comment

Connor Hellebuyck was called up to Winnipeg today.

Comment

Safe travels and happy Thanksgiving to everyone heading out to Ireland for this weekend's tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X