X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 2015-2016 Season Thread

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Also, when do people expect Boyle to get a night off? Just wondering on this.
    Arizona State? AIC? Every year there are a few goalies that make every start for their team, I wonder if Boyle will one of them this year? I couldn't even imagine saying that last year. Credit to him for working hard on his development.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 11-19-2015, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Also, when do people expect Boyle to get a night off? Just wondering on this.
      I'm not sure he'll get one before the break. Six games left with only one being a NC game in Belfast. I guess it depends on how Cleary and Hernberg are doing in practice. Are they ready?

I look forward to seeing more games like this as the crowd gets bigger. Video of the winning shot is in this link as well. Good luck to the young squad this year, with 8 frosh on the roster!
      A nice win by the basketball team at the Tsongas. I wonder if there has been any movement on plans to expand the Tsongas?
      Last edited by boblav1; 11-19-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Or you're more like a BU fan than you think!
        5holes a swinger. Hey just because Maine can't score doesn't mean BC and umlolol goalies don't suck
        sure why not

Comment

I like the weekends of going up to random opposing fans and asking them if they actually know where the school they are rooting for is located.

On a separate note, Lowell won their first basketball game at the Tsongas last night, in a thriller over Sacred Heart. I look forward to seeing more games like this as the crowd gets bigger. Video of the winning shot is in this link as well. Good luck to the young squad this year, with 8 frosh on the roster!
          This weekend will be fun. All the fake, wannabee ND fans invade.

Was at the basketball game last night, it was great! Sacred Heart's coach was a bit of a hot head though, yelling at refs and flailing his arms and hands (got a technical shortly after the start of second half). And either way, the outcome would've been ok for me as currently paying a ton of dough for freshman year at Sacred Heart.

But good to see Lowell win as it was much better than the last time a Sacred Heart team visited the Tsongas. Ugh.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
            This weekend will be fun. All the fake, wannabee ND fans invade.

Was at the basketball game last night, it was great! Sacred Heart's coach was a bit of a hot head though, yelling at refs and flailing his arms and hands (got a technical shortly after the start of second half). And either way, the outcome would've been ok for me as currently paying a ton of dough for freshman year at Sacred Heart.

But good to see Lowell win as it was much better than the last time a Sacred Heart team visited the Tsongas. Ugh.
            I need to pull up that video with the fake ND fan at Tsongas.
            Always makes me laugh!

Comment

The weekend preview is now up.

Also, the school linked to a great article (and video) on Christian Folin. Folin is in town and playing against the Bruins right now.

Comment

Lowell Sun article: Forum is history for UML hockey

Comment

Does anybody know if there's going to be anything in Lowell for Belfast games? Local game watch? If so, I'll show up... if not I'll check out a brewery or two.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    Does anybody know if there's going to be anything in Lowell for Belfast games? Local game watch? If so, I'll show up... if not I'll check out a brewery or two.
                    You made me wonder if I had missed an announcement that these games will be shown live locally, and sure enough they are going to be on NESN.

http://nesn.com/tv-schedule/2015/11/27/
                    http://nesn.com/tv-schedule/2015/11/28/

Saturday's games will be live on Nesn+
                    http://nesn.com/nesnplus-schedule/

No mention of this from Hockey East?

Edit: It looks like there will be an evening replay of all games Friday & Saturday evening as well. That's some pretty good coverage by NESN.
                    Last edited by Middle Street; 11-20-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I'm looking forward to tonight's game.

On paper, ND looks like a different type of team from what we've seen in years past. They are top almost in the top ten in scoring right now (3.6 gpg) and slightly below average in team defense (2.90 gpg). Usually it's the other way around. Both teams have above average special teams with the PP edge going to ND and the PK edge going to Lowell.

Cal Peterson has made all of their starts, and he's one of the lower ranked Goaltenders in DI at the moment. He had stretches of great play last season, so he's certainly capable of turning that around.

A split wouldn't be surprising, but I feel good about Lowell's chances for 3 points or more this weekend.

Comment

Re: Broadcast on NESN....very very cool. Now need to clean things off my DVR...
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Both Jim and Dave pick Lowell to sweep the Irish

Comment

alright... these stupid penalties need to stop... if that means sitting Chapie and Dmowski to set an example then do it.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              alright... these stupid penalties need to stop... if that means sitting Chapie and Dmowski to set an example then do it.
                              One of the worst officiated games I have seen in awhile. Both referees were clueless out there.
                              Boyle got run over at least twice with the ref right there looking at it and did nothing. Once they called ND for 5 straight
                              penalties, you knew they were going to even it up...and they did. They took a decent game and messed it up in the 3rd.

I wish the Tsongas would show replays. It would be nice to see what happened on the 2 disallowed goals.
                              What did you say?
                              Who own the Chiefs?
                              What did he say?
                              Owns! Owns!

Comment

Oh! Was Kevin Shea one of the refs???

Comment

Working...
                                X