Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
    Your team sucks and probably won't make the same tournament that UND will be a #1 seed, how's that for living in the now?
    Wow. Go back to your bridge.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Your team sucks and probably won't make the same tournament that UND will be a #1 seed, how's that for living in the now?
      We'll reserve a spot for you on the golf course in late March....
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        We'll reserve a spot for you on the golf course in late March....
        I hope you didn't prepay or if you did, can get a refund. The semifinals aren't until April.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That's living in the future you pinhead!!!!!!!! Dirty Rules.

Comment

I like the way the conversation is elevated when all the UND fans show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              I hope you didn't prepay or if you did, can get a refund. The semifinals aren't until April.
              That's my point.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                Gopher fans come at me pretty hard whenever I bring up the unfortunate subject of their looks. But it's OK. I'm sure if you look deep inside a person who looks like that you will find a flicker of hope. Besides, it's only a problem for them when they leave the state.
                You keep using these words. I don't think they mean what you think they do.

Comment

Heading into the final regular season weekend the Gophers have a 4 point lead on Michigan, so as long as the Gophers at least gain a split with Wisconsin they win the Big Ten for a third consecutive year.
                  HOWEVER, after splitting with the Spartans this past weekend it appears that it's now mathematically impossible for the Gophers to advance to the NCAA Tournament via the Pairwise, so the only path to get there is winning the B1G Tournament. Certainly doable, but realistically based on their inconsistent play this season - and very poor play at the X as of late - the odds of the Gophs winning two consecutive games aren't real good IMO. But first, they of course need to take care of business with Wisconsin this weekend.

Other thoughts?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Heading into the final regular season weekend the Gophers have a 4 point lead on Michigan, so as long as the Gophers at least gain a split with Wisconsin they win the Big Ten for a third consecutive year.
                    HOWEVER, after splitting with the Spartans this past weekend it appears that it's now mathematically impossible for the Gophers to advance to the NCAA Tournament via the Pairwise, so the only path to get there is winning the B1G Tournament. Certainly doable, but realistically based on their inconsistent play this season - and very poor play at the X as of late - the odds of the Gophs winning two consecutive games aren't real good IMO. But first, they of course need to take care of business with Wisconsin this weekend.

Other thoughts?
                    I had mentioned that even before this weekend, the rest of the regular season games pretty much meant nothing relating to the at-large bid. It's go B1G (tourney) or go home.

For the at-large, a LOT of things had to happen, and Tech winning Fri night pretty much sealed that deal.

Comment

That's my point.
                      Simple misunderstanding. I thought you were reserving the tee time FOR late March. Now it's clear to me that you were going to make the reservation IN late March.

I don't think it will make much of a difference though and still feel if you want to get a good tee time you should make the reservation now. I mean sure we'll definitely be available to play a round on April 8th since the season will have ended the previous night. But let's say a miracle happens and UND has a game on April 9th, they'll still be available to play April 10th. That's only two days. And if you aren't calling until late March, how sure are you the tee time will even be available for either date? Are we playing at a reputable golf course? If so, one week notice hardly seems like adequate. No, I think calling tomorrow morning would be your best course of action.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Simple misunderstanding. I thought you were reserving the tee time FOR late March. Now it's clear to me that you were going to make the reservation IN late March.

I don't think it will make much of a difference though and still feel if you want to get a good tee time you should make the reservation now. I mean sure we'll definitely be available to play a round on April 8th since the season will have ended the previous night. But let's say a miracle happens and UND has a game on April 9th, they'll still be available to play April 10th. That's only two days. And if you aren't calling until late March, how sure are you the tee time will even be available for either date? Are we playing at a reputable golf course? If so, one week notice hardly seems like adequate. No, I think calling tomorrow morning would be your best course of action.
                        Sorry for the grammatical error. Have had a busy weekend, am a bit tired. Since neither of our teams are going anywhere this season, I suggest maybe a scramble, or best-ball tourney? Again, this would happen in late March. We can both boo whatever Cinderella team that happens to get on a hot streak and wins it this year.

Comment

Sorry for the grammatical error. Have had a busy weekend, am a bit tired. Since neither of our teams are going anywhere this season, I suggest maybe a scramble, or best-ball tourney? Again, this would happen in late March. We can both boo whatever Cinderella team that happens to get on a hot streak and wins it this year.
                          Or say screw golf and just drink beer.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                            Or say screw golf and just drink beer.
                            Aren't they one and the same?

Comment

I had mentioned that even before this weekend, the rest of the regular season games pretty much meant nothing relating to the at-large bid. It's go B1G (tourney) or go home.

For the at-large, a LOT of things had to happen, and Tech winning Fri night pretty much sealed that deal.
                              OK thanks, I missed your earlier post and just wanted to confirm where things stand. Gophers have very much of an uphill climb ahead, but as they say 'it's not over till it's over'.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                OK thanks, I missed your earlier post and just wanted to confirm where things stand. Gophers have very much of an uphill climb ahead, but as they say 'it's not over till it's over'.
                                I might have not mentioned the Tech angle here, it might have been on GPL (where there is a running joke that Tech is my real #1 team; false charges, I can assure you ). But yeah, B1G Or Bust.

Comment

Working...
                                X