Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    I'd be happy for them to just not get scored on. Get specialty team minutes from Vinny and Cammy, and have them be 0 for +/-.
    So I'm not crossing my fingers, I guess is what I'm saying :P
    Honestly I cringe whenever the pressure is on and Vinny and Cammy are out there. Combined they are a minus -14 (worst on the team) and they need to be broken up,
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Very illuminating and great job, SteveO. Not all doom and gloom like so many make it out to be.
      So there was a couple of posts of people claiming this team is not that good. Its a message board...we should be getting different points of view. We can disagree without somebody being wrong.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Honestly I cringe whenever the pressure is on and Vinny and Cammy are out there. Combined they are a minus -14 (worst on the team) and they need to be broken up,
        This team has some very good players, but its not deep. I've been of the opinion that if you're not going to use one of the handful of good tools the way its designed (Cammy), you might as well put it back in the toolbox and go with even less.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          We can disagree without somebody being wrong.
          I get that, but there are some who disagree no matter what.

Comment

I get that, but there are some who disagree no matter what.
            I can't agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I can't agree with that.
              A disagreeable bunch, those gopher fans

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I can't agree with that.
                Agree to disagree or disagree to agree? Or just can't make up our minds?

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/...jemLifeStyle_h

Comment

Originally posted by wasmania View Post
                  A disagreeable bunch, those gopher fans
                  You didn't say goofer - we must be growing on you.

Comment

Thread hijack; in between some winter indoor chores, again this year I'm watching HDIM on Fox North. As much as we hate each other , I'm always impressed with the history of the best sport on earth in your frickin' state. I've made many trips up 53 to fish Ontario, but only once I stopped at the HOF in Eveleth and plan to go back maybe this summer, but spend a lot more time there. I'm not jealous of Minnesota's hockey history because I was once told that's a wasted emotion, but I'm very envious. Very cool day in your state; you better be proud, but not arrogant.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

That sucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        That sucked.
                        Yep.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          you better be proud, but not arrogant.
                          Good luck with that.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

So everyone too sick of the B1G to talk about the article on the front page?

http://www.uscho.com/2016/02/10/big-...-future-plans/

Couple quotes that stood out:
                            “Coming from a non-hockey background, it’s kind of hard for me to imagine a fan in the state of Minnesota who wouldn’t be excited to see a Michigan or a Michigan State come in to play,” he said. “I recognize and acknowledge that significant rivalries developed over the years in the previous leagues, and that’s fine.
                            And:
                            Traviolia said, adding that the low attendance numbers could be due to the fact that the Big Ten is not a bus league, like the WCHA and CCHA were, to some extent.

“While Minnesota is the home team in St. Paul and Michigan and Michigan State are in Detroit, for the other teams and for their fan bases the driving distance is not what it was in the old leagues where again you were able to park the event at one venue over a number of years consistently and it became the place to go to celebrate that conference’s hockey on an annual basis.”

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2016/02/10/big-...#ixzz3zpCzZ8da
                            This was interesting to me, in that talking to a parent of a recruit that chose to go elsewhere, while the main reason was that it 'felt like the right place' to the kid after a few visits, the parent also said that no longer playing teams in MN and close to home (that he grew up watching the Gophers play) might have been a contributing factor to the players choice of school (a former WCHA rival of MN). So in addition to the B1G being down in quality of teams, the distance to opponents and unfamiliarity might actually have some effect on recruiting success as well.

Comment

I can't imagine they are going to let him speak about hockey to the media ever again.

God this guy came off as having zero clue.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For the record, GPL is pretty upset and were far from the only ones. The Daily Gopher is another.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X