Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    At the end of the day the only real message is the one being sent behind closed doors and we have no idea what he's saying there.
    But at the "end of the week" the only way to gauge what his real message is - the one that gets through - are his players' actions on the ice.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
      But at the "end of the week" the only way to gauge what his real message is - the one that gets through - are his players' actions on the ice.
      Which have been continued poir choices and dirty play, which leads me to believe no message is being delivered in public or private. At least not the proper messages.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        I think it's obvious that based upon the fact that for two seasons in a row Gopher players have been targeted by Badger players with "intent to injure" indicates Eaves does not reprimand players enough or at all. This problem lies with the coaching staff. Student athletes who have the privilege to play D at the D1 level have logged hours and hours of on ice training and instruction as to how to land a legal hit. There is absolutely no excuse for players who intentionally attempt to injure other players at any level.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Which reiterates what I said - his words in public are ultimately meaningless.

Comment

I see both arguments but don't take much umbrage with him publicly showing support. At the end of the day the only real message is the one being sent behind closed doors and we have no idea what he's saying there.

Trust me, his players probably can't make heads or tails of what he's saying behind closed doors as it's probably about horses, mountains, hay, rickshaws, barns, B12 pills, biscuits, baskets, lightning, bottles and who the **** knows what else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Trust me, his players probably can't make heads or tails of what he's saying behind closed doors as it's probably about horses, mountains, hay, rickshaws, barns, B12 pills, biscuits, baskets, lightning, bottles and who the **** knows what else.
              Are the puppies now out of their box? bad puppies...bad puppies

Comment

Which reiterates what I said - his words in public are ultimately meaningless.
                I don't think you understood my point, which is his words - whether said in public OR behind closed doors - are ultimately meaningless. The only thing that matters is his players' actions on the ice. End of story...
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Which was my original point as well to an extent. If anything he's saying has any impact on their actions it's most likely what he's saying in private. It goes without saying that the results are all that matters.

Comment

does anyone here know anything about the Halladay kid that was committed and committed to Merrimack today? Anyone know why he's not going to the U anymore?
                    Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by mcwarrior1011 View Post
                      does anyone here know anything about the halladay kid that was committed and committed to merrimack today? Anyone know why he's not going to the u anymore?
                      gaa
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                        does anyone here know anything about the Halladay kid that was committed and committed to Merrimack today? Anyone know why he's not going to the U anymore?
                        Minnesota has some quality goalies lined up for the next few years, including the freshman starting this season. This has been in the works for a while now, the departing of ways between Halladay and the Gophers.

Just didn't pan out with him, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          Minnesota has some quality goalies lined up for the next few years, including the freshman starting this season. This has been in the works for a while now, the departing of ways between Halladay and the Gophers.

Just didn't pan out with him, it happens.
                          that's what I figured. Didn't know if there was a backstory there because according to a press release he signed a letter of intent.
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Was disappointed to see Gavin Hain committing to UND. He's watched Gophers over the years. Jury is still out on who got the better Grand Rapids Soph commit.

Comment

Looks like the Gopher team from the first few weeks showed up today. Not a lot of effort. Looked like they figured scoring 9 on Badgers means they don't have to try to beat Beavers, so just had to wait to play SCSU. They can't afford many nights off and blew a good chance to test themselves against SCSU and try to get a little revenge. Disappointing.

Comment

• Another tough night for the perpetually declining stinky town, perennial powerhouse #34Bemidji State beats pride on ice UMTC 4-2 at their own tournament hosted at the Xcel Energy center in front of another 2,000 fans. Is there any end to this slippery slide into the tubes?!
                                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Working...
                                X