Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers Season Thread 2015-16

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Sad news. I really appreciated his enduring passion for Gopher hockey. One of the great old timers who could also tell some crazy stories about players on the North Stars. RIP Coach.
    Well said; couldn't agree more. I always enjoyed listening to him on the Gopher radio broadcasts on the way home. Pure homer, and proud of it.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      I had mentioned a week or so ago sheerhorn and him being way out of position too many times for easy tap in goals. I do think he is a solid goalie though, i'm just not quite sure if he can handle big games against great teams,yet. Seems to get rattled and starts "flailing" around the goal crease, other team taps in puck on a wide open goal. I get the whole D being not Gopher-like this year, but still stay in position.
      He's been left out to dry by a team that's been overmatched and still he's been among the top three stars more than any other player on this team. Not bad for a rookie with a dozen games under his belt.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        He's been left out to dry by a team that's been overmatched and still he's been among the top three stars more than any other player on this team. Not bad for a rookie with a dozen games under his belt.

Yep he has been hung out. My point still stands, stay in your crease and quit flopping like a carp.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Well said; couldn't agree more. I always enjoyed listening to him on the Gopher radio broadcasts on the way home. Pure homer, and proud of it.
          Yeah me too. For some reason my mother ( also r.i.p. ) couldn't stand him. Maybe it as because he was more of a homer than she was!
          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Looking ahead two weeks to the Mariucci Classic which should be a fun event this year. I see that after a string of 8 consecutive losses our first round opponent Connecticut swept Hockey East leader and 5th ranked Mass-Lowell 4-3 and 2-1. This was followed by a 3-3 against #19 Merrimack, so coming into the tournament they have to be feeling pretty good about themselves. And obviously this is not a year the Gophers can take anyone lightly.

In the first semi unranked Ferris State will be taking on #7 Harvard. I would expect most Gopher fans will be cheering for Harvard, hoping for a possible shot at beating a Top 10 non-conference opponent. Harvard should have a few fans in attendance, as the Harvard Club Minnesota is actively "recruiting" for the event [http://www.harvardmn.org/article.html?aid=299&nl=96].

I know, the Mariucci Classic is a ways off, but this time of year when the extended Holiday break starts I always seem to get a mild case of withdrawal...usually it helps some to take in a few high school Holiday Tournament games, some of which get underway very shortly.
            Last edited by D2D; 12-15-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah. The Gophers track record in tourney is pretty spotty against pretty spotty competition. I like our chances against UCONN. But the final could easily be a game where we get caught napping.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Mariucci Classic - To be fair, we are usually missing 2 or 3 key players to the WJC during this tourney. That makes a difference with college hockey parity.

Don't have to worry about that this year.

Comment

Ryan Collins has been invited again to participate in the WJC this year. Judging from his on ice performance as of late, he may not be that much of a loss. Bring on Jack Sadek, I'm fine with the change.

Comment

brady skjei making his nhl debut tonight for the rangers

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Looking ahead two weeks to the Mariucci Classic which should be a fun event this year. I see that after a string of 8 consecutive losses our first round opponent Connecticut swept Hockey East leader and 5th ranked Mass-Lowell 4-3 and 2-1. This was followed by a 3-3 against #19 Merrimack, so coming into the tournament they have to be feeling pretty good about themselves. And obviously this is not a year the Gophers can take anyone lightly.

In the first semi unranked Ferris State will be taking on #7 Harvard. I would expect most Gopher fans will be cheering for Harvard, hoping for a possible shot at beating a Top 10 non-conference opponent. Harvard should have a few fans in attendance, as the Harvard Club Minnesota is actively "recruiting" for the event [http://www.harvardmn.org/article.html?aid=299&nl=96].

I know, the Mariucci Classic is a ways off, but this time of year when the extended Holiday break starts I always seem to get a mild case of withdrawal...usually it helps some to take in a few high school Holiday Tournament games, some of which get underway very shortly.
                      Beating UConn and then drawing and beating Harvard would be a real boon for the PWR. If they do that they would likely be just on the right side of the bubble.

Of course, it would only be January and there would be about 20 games left before selection....but a win against Harvard could be huge come March if MN can play some consistent hockey until then.

Comment

And I also see that the Saturday game isn't scheduled to be televised.

Is there anyone with knowledge that knows if that will be available on BTN+?
                        Can you buy a single-game pass for BTN+?

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

I remember two years ago BTN picked it up at the last minute. I think that's about all we can hope for.

Although it ended up being the third place game and not the championship after the Gophers lost to Colgate in the opening round.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post

I haven't seen a case where a game isn't televised anywhere but then shows up on BTN+. If its on, you can probably buy for a month and quit. But BTN+ is pretty darn awesome...you can watch rewatch games. Watch other league games and catch some pretty amazing women's Gopher hockey. Well worth the money.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              I haven't seen a case where a game isn't televised anywhere but then shows up on BTN+. If its on, you can probably buy for a month and quit. But BTN+ is pretty darn awesome...you can watch rewatch games. Watch other league games and catch some pretty amazing women's Gopher hockey. Well worth the money.
                              Just don't forget to cancel when there are no games coming up that you're interested in. It automatically renews month-to-month, and shows up as "Neulion" on your monthly credit card statements.

Comment

Now that the Big 10 season has kicked off and has been a much better result let's see if they can use the Classic to correct some of their non-conference debacle.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X