Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct

Originally posted by jukenjive27 View Post
    Rowe did not transfer from UND, he was never a student, he was a recruit that decided to go to ASU. Not to say he would have been a fixture in our lineup though. No team is a pushover in NCAA hockey, but I don't think ASU will be able to compete with the top teams in D1 right now.
    I assume he means Wade Murphy, or at least for the draft pick. But he's not playing do to transfer rules. Only transfers that are playing for ASU this year are Peterson from Notre Dame, Belonger from Northeastern, and Krygier from Michigan State.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
      Gads got a chance to go to an Ivy league school in Princeton, and then the opportunity to start a new D-I program at Penn State. Good reason(s) to leave Fairbanks.

Looking farther south in AK these days--what's up with UAA's white helmets in the ASU game? Is that a permanent change with the home uniforms this season?
      Permanent change, white helmets at home and black on the road. It's a budget consideration as green hockey gear is custom order versus white and black which can come off the shelf.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        And he bailed out of _airbanks faster that the Baltimore Colts midnight move to Indianapolis.
        Let us know how it goes when Tyrion has a good enough season to get noticed by an Ivy League or B1G school that happens to have an opening. I'd put money on him dumping Anchorage faster than St. Cloud's first PP last night.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It's a budget consideration as green hockey gear is custom order versus white and black which can come off the shelf.
          That is sadly depressing. Surprised we aren't doing the same thing.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            That is sadly depressing. Surprised we aren't doing the same thing.
            It's certainly possible blue is an off the shelf color as well.

Also notice has UAA black pants.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Kendall Hockey Classic since 1993 UAA, UAF, Arizona St. , and St. Cloud State Oct

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
              Does anyone know why there was no audio on wcha.tv last night for UAA/ASU? Any idea if there will be for today's game? Thank you
              Hi Midwest.. I went to the game, so can't answer your question.. But speaking of audio.. Does anyone in Anchorage know if the game was on local radio last night? It if was.. I must've been hitting the wrong buttons!

I was hoping to listen to listen to Tuttle on the way home and couldn't seem to locate him anywhere. When they were down in Slow-dotna, I was a little surprised they actually aired the game.. (they don't always air those pre-season games).. but it was nice.

It's also nice that GCI broadcasts the games on the tv.. but I sure could't find the radio broadcast last night..

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                Hi Midwest.. I went to the game, so can't answer your question.. But speaking of audio.. Does anyone in Anchorage know if the game was on local radio last night? It if was.. I must've been hitting the wrong buttons!

I was hoping to listen to listen to Tuttle on the way home and couldn't seem to locate him anywhere. When they were down in Slow-dotna, I was a little surprised they actually aired the game.. (they don't always air those pre-season games).. but it was nice.

It's also nice that GCI broadcasts the games on the tv.. but I sure could't find the radio broadcast last night..
                No radio broadcast this season.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  No radio broadcast this season.
                  Wow.. bummer! So Tuttle is strictly a stay-at-home GCI guy? ....Or is GCI going on the road?

On a brighter note, it was really nice to hear Lyle doing the in-house announcing last night!

And the burgundy and grey color scheme.. I didn't mind it actually. That photo someone put up when they first starting putting in the seats made them look much lighter than they actually are. I was surprised at how much work there still is to do in there though. The "pardon our construction" signs at the door weren't kidding!

Sound system still needs to be replaced, but I think maybe that was on next year's list?

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

And the burgundy and grey color scheme..
                    Kinda funny though that the seats had the Anchorage Muni logo on them.. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                      Wow.. bummer! So Tuttle is strictly a stay-at-home GCI guy? ....Or is GCI going on the road?

On a brighter note, it was really nice to hear Lyle doing the in-house announcing last night!

And the burgundy and grey color scheme.. I didn't mind it actually. That photo someone put up when they first starting putting in the seats made them look much lighter than they actually are. I was surprised at how much work there still is to do in there though. The "pardon our construction" signs at the door weren't kidding!

Sound system still needs to be replaced, but I think maybe that was on next year's list?
                      I thought the sound system was in the budget for these recent upgrades?
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well...congrats to ASU. They didn't roll over either night, that's for sure.

In the meantime, this is what a defense that loses its top two guys, one of whom was an All American and conference POY looks like. Just too many doggone mistakes and turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

Tried listening on the WCHA audio feed last night, maybe it was me but it sure sounded garbled
                          "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Permanent change, white helmets at home and black on the road. It's a budget consideration as green hockey gear is custom order versus white and black which can come off the shelf.
                            Makes sense, took Michigan State a little while to get back to wearing green helmets after it altered its base color green a few seasons back. Of course, State has a little bit more $ than UAA
                            "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

At least the Seawolves are playing gracious hosts and leaving the back door open for the Huskies tonight.
                              Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Result may have sucked but I liked the play from UAA tonight. Good fight, good gritty play, just got beat by a clearly better team. Gotta clean up the penalties though.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X