BGSU Falcons 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Falcons 2015-16

Well, still not sure if I'm glad I made the trip, but watching an OT win in your teams favor isn't all bad. BG squeaked by with that win.

Here's our recap (with my photo gallery and post game press conference videos) from BGSUHockey.com

http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/11/fa...wkins-ot-goal/
    Bringing Back the Glory
    http://www.bgsuhockey.com

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba!

Comment

Dan Bylsma talks BGSU in Puck Daddy interview. oh yeah.
      http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...25600452.html?

"Q: You went to Bowling Green State. How did that prepare you for pro hockey because it seems like a lot of people involved in the NHL went to Bowling Green State.

A: All over, all over. Everywhere from broadcasting to general manager, management, coaches and players. Bowling Green, you take a great deal of pride with Bowling Green and the development I had there as a person and a player and a hockey player and it’s a factory for pushing people into the NHL in a lot of different areas.
      There were some great players, and some people have gone on from playing and some to management, and general managers and assistant GMs. It’s pretty impressive."
      Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

BG Falcon Hockey ‏@BGFalconHockey 18 minutes ago
        Olympic gold medalist Mark Wells talks with the team after tonight's win!

Comment

My wife and I had the opportunity to meet Mark Wells prior to the game. He signed her copies of Miracle on Ice (movies and book) I asked him about Kurt Russell's portrayal of Herb Brooks. He said it was fairly good but in reality Herb was much, much more intense. Hard to believe...

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
            Dan Bylsma talks BGSU in Puck Daddy interview. oh yeah.
            http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...25600452.html?

"Q: You went to Bowling Green State. How did that prepare you for pro hockey because it seems like a lot of people involved in the NHL went to Bowling Green State.

A: All over, all over. Everywhere from broadcasting to general manager, management, coaches and players. Bowling Green, you take a great deal of pride with Bowling Green and the development I had there as a person and a player and a hockey player and it’s a factory for pushing people into the NHL in a lot of different areas.
            There were some great players, and some people have gone on from playing and some to management, and general managers and assistant GMs. It’s pretty impressive."

Watched the NHL Network game last night between the Islanders and the Canadiens. Our own Garry Galley was doing the color commentary. Wish he'd be willing to reengage with the BG hockey community.

Comment

Watched the NHL Network game last night between the Islanders and the Canadiens. Our own Garry Galley was doing the color commentary. Wish he'd be willing to reengage with the BG hockey community.

Is this due to his son Wyatt's experiences/injury here??

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                Is this due to his son Wyatt's experiences/injury here??
                Yes, and that is all I can say about it.

Comment

updated 11/24
                  How the recruits are doing...

G Ryan Bednard (Youngstown Phantoms): 10 GP, 2.23 GAA, .928 SV%, 6 W, 1 L, 2 OTL

C Lucas Craggs (Youngstown Phantoms): 15 GP, 4 G, 1 A, 5 Pts., -1 +/-, 33 PIM
                  LW Casey Linkenheld (Johnstown Tomahawks): 19 GP, 8 G, 10 A, 18 Pts., 7 +/-, 12 PIM
                  F Michael Houle (Springfield Jr. Blues): 15 GP, 2 G, 6 A, 8 Pts., -4 +/-, 18 PIM
                  LW Sam Craggs (Springfield Jr. Blues): 8 GP, 6 G, 2 A, 8 Pts., 8 +/-, 16 PIM
                  RW Connor Ford (Shattuck St. Mary's): 18 GP, 9 G, 11 A, 20 Pts., 0 PIM
                  RW Evan Dougherty (Fox Motors U16): NA
                  C Max Johnson (Lakeville North): NA

LD Alec Rauhauser (Des Moines Buccaneers): 16 GP, 1 G, 7 A, 8 Pts., -5 +/-, 16 PIM
                  LD Carson Musser (Fargo Force): 14 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Pts., 1 +/-, 2 PIM
                  LD Jordan Ernst (Madison Capitols): 14 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pt., -1 +/-, 24 PIM
                  D Justin Wells (Sioux Falls Stampede): 12 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Pt., 2 +/-, 4 PIM
                  D Jacob Dalton (Wichita Falls Wildcats): 21 GP, 4 G, 8 A, 12 Pts., 9 +/-, 6 PIM
                  D Adam Smith (Newmarket Hurricanes): 26 GP, 2 G, 7 A, 9 Pts., 34 PIM

Comment

Justin Wells on the Central Scouting Players to Watch for 2016 Draft list.
                    (C Rating -- Indicates a 4th/5th/6th round candidate.)

Tuesday, 11.24.2015 / 11:30 AM / 2016 NHL Draft
                    NHL.com
                    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...&cmpid=nhl-twt

Comment

• Re: BGSU Falcons 2015-16

Goaltender Ryan Bednard (Macomb, Mich./Youngstown Phantoms) has been named to the U.S. Junior Select Team that will compete at the 2015 World Junior A Challenge, it was announced today by USA Hockey.

http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rer_id=1093254

Comment

more Doc Emrick and BGSU love from HBO and The Hockey News...

Doc Emrick – Hockey Legend: Real Sports (HBO)
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2koc...ature=youtu.be

A Day With Doc
                        By: The Hockey News on November 29, 2015
                        http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/a-day ... -the-game/

"On a crisp October morning in Philadelphia, Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick briskly strides through the hallways of the Wells Fargo Center. Wearing a Bowling Green State University polo shirt – a nod to the school where he earned his PhD in communications, hence the nickname..."

Comment

Jordan Ernst ‏@J_Ernst58 8 minutes ago
                          Excited to be joining @BGSU_Hockey for the second half of the season!

his season line with the Mad Caps:
                          16 GP, 0 G, 4 A, 4 Pt., 0 +/-, 24 PIM

Comment

Jordan Ernst ‏@J_Ernst58 8 minutes ago
                            Excited to be joining @BGSU_Hockey for the second half of the season!

his season line with the Mad Caps:
                            16 GP, 0 G, 4 A, 4 Pt., 0 +/-, 24 PIM
                            Really thought it would be Rauhauser based on his age and experience. He's a '95 and Ernst is a '97.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                              Really thought it would be Rauhauser based on his age and experience. He's a '95 and Ernst is a '97.
                              me too. Rauhauser has about 97 more games in the USHL than Ernst.
                              guess that's why I'm not a coach. ;-)

Comment

me too. Rauhauser has about 97 more games in the USHL than Ernst.
                                guess that's why I'm not a coach. ;-)
                                I'm not up on all the rules, but I assume this costs a full year of eligibility?

Comment

Working...
                                X