BGSU Falcons 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Falcons 2015-16

Looks like we brought a D up from the club team. Guess that answers whether or not any of the LOI guys would/could come in early.
    I highly doubt he will see any real games, more likely just a practice body. Still very surprising beings that BG only plays ACHA D2, not ACHA D1.......it's a real jump from club D1 to NCAA D1, much less from club D2.

Congrats to him though.......pretty cool for your Senior year, no doubt.

http://bgsuclubhockey.pointstreaksit...SO_0fU.twitter

Comment

Dilks lists Max Johnson as one of the top picks for the "2015-2016 Minnesota Mr. Hockey" award.

"8. Max Johnson, Forward, Lakeville North High School (Committed to Bowling Green)
      With the Poehling twins graduated, Johnson will move into a more primary scoring role for Lakeville North this season. Johnson mixes good speed with excellent strength to play a powerful game. The Panthers aren't likely to run the table again like they did last season, but they should be one of the state's top teams once again, with Johnson leading the way."

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/high...on-mittelstadt
      Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
        Looks like we brought a D up from the club team. Guess that answers whether or not any of the LOI guys would/could come in early.
        I highly doubt he will see any real games, more likely just a practice body. Still very surprising beings that BG only plays ACHA D2, not ACHA D1.......it's a real jump from club D1 to NCAA D1, much less from club D2.

According to BG's compliance department, Andrew doesn't have any NCAA eligibility left since he played four years at the club level. That means no ice time. I guess he can only be used in practice.

Not sure how playing at the club level relates to eligibility for the varsity sports, but that's why I'm not in NCAA compliance.
        Bringing Back the Glory
        http://www.bgsuhockey.com

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba!

Comment

That's unfortunate.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bravohankins View Post

According to BG's compliance department, Andrew doesn't have any NCAA eligibility left since he played four years at the club level. That means no ice time. I guess he can only be used in practice.

Not sure how playing at the club level relates to eligibility for the varsity sports, but that's why I'm not in NCAA compliance.
            Really only solves half our issue.....the practice half. We still are only one serious injury away from having NO spare defensemen.
            Really lets be honest here Mingo is not a true D man, he still gets beat on pivots often and backward crossovers the incorrect direction sometimes. Alert forwards just immediately jump the opposite direction.

We basically have 4 solid D men. Walker, Friedman, McDonald and young Pohlkamp. Delgadillo and Pears are not top 6 NCAA DI defensemen....as we have seen the last two years.

I still think we need to bring somebody in somehow that can play some ACTUAL minutes or this could really be a potential season killer for this team come Spring......when you won't be able to bring anybody in.
            Last edited by bravohankins; 11-11-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bghockeyphotos View Post
              I believe it is due to the fact that once he is enrolled in classes, his clock starts ticking. If he hadn't played any hockey at all, his clock would have still been ticking for the four years he was enrolled.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Wayne Wilson's chair...

Wayne Wilson ‏@w_wilson2 19 minutes ago
                I don't know if this is proof that I played but I like the chair. Natty Champs 84

**** that looks good.

Comment

#Beat Tech!
                  #Whup TSUN! #FalconFast

Comment

updated 11/16
                    How the recruits are doing...

--Sam Craggs has moved from the Youngstown Phantoms to the Springfield Jr. Blues (NAHL).
                    --Evan Dougherty recently played for the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League All-Star team at the CCM Invite in Minnesota. He scored a shorty vs. Shattuck St. Mary's.
                    --Max Johnson signed his NLI.

G Ryan Bednard (Youngstown Phantoms): 8 GP, 2.45 GAA, .917 SV%, 5 W, 1 L, 1 OTL

C Lucas Craggs (Youngstown Phantoms): 13 GP, 4 G, 1 A, 5 Pts., -2 +/-, 33 PIM
                    LW Casey Linkenheld (Johnstown Tomahawks): 16 GP, 6 G, 10 A, 16 Pts., 8 +/-, 12 PIM
                    F Michael Houle (Springfield Jr. Blues): 15 GP, 2 G, 6 A, 8 Pts., -4 +/-, 18 PIM
                    LW Sam Craggs (Springfield Jr. Blues): 6 GP, 3 G, 2 A, 5 Pts., 7 +/-, 4 PIM
                    RW Connor Ford (Shattuck St. Mary's): 16 GP, 9 G, 11 A, 20 Pts., 0 PIM
                    RW Evan Dougherty (Fox Motors U16): NA
                    C Max Johnson (Lakeville North): NA

LD Alec Rauhauser (Des Moines Buccaneers): 14 GP, 1 G, 6 A, 7 Pts., -2 +/-, 14 PIM
                    LD Carson Musser (Fargo Force): 12 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pts., 0 +/-, 2 PIM
                    LD Jordan Ernst (Madison Capitols): 11 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pt., 0 +/-, 18 PIM
                    D Justin Wells (Sioux Falls Stampede): 11 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 3 Pt., 1 +/-, 4 PIM
                    D Jacob Dalton (Wichita Falls Wildcats): 18 GP, 4 G, 7 A, 11 Pts., 10 +/-, 6 PIM
                    D Adam Smith (Newmarket Hurricanes): 24 GP, 2 G, 7 A, 9 Pts., 32 PIM

Comment

"...AND TOLEDO STILL SUCKS!"

That is all. Roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                        "...AND TOLEDO STILL SUCKS!"

That is all. Roll along.
                        bah. TSUN still sucks.
                        but a weekend of hockey at the Madhouse will ease the pain.

Comment

I'm debating on coming up this weekend.... do we think it will be good hockey to watch? Or should I save my traveling for the NMU and MinnState series'? (I live in Dayton, hence the question about travel)
                          Bringing Back the Glory

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba!

Comment

Can we schedule Toledo's club hockey team for an exhibition game so we can beat them in something before I graduate?
                            BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by bghockeyphotos View Post
                              I'm debating on coming up this weekend.... do we think it will be good hockey to watch? Or should I save my traveling for the NMU and MinnState series'? (I live in Dayton, hence the question about travel)
                              It depends on which Carmine shows up and whether or not our top line is clicking. If both are good, there you go. It will be a tough task to best Nell for sure, but we have been scoring goals this year unlike the previous few years.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I'm less worried about UAH showing up than I am BG's offense showing up... should be a decent game either way.
                                Bringing Back the Glory

Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba!

Comment

Working...
                                X