Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Falcons 2015-16

Originally posted by spiehler View Post
    Too soon to say. He started hot last season, too.
    I agree, but he's also matured in that time. I would hope that would lead to better composure over the long haul.

On another interesting note, BG may be looking to bring in one of the signed D-Men mid-season. It's not something that Berg wants to do but, as this past weekend proved, if one of them gets hurt we have a problem because we're so thin there. The other possibility is to convert a forward, if one is willing, like we did with Mingo.

http://www.sent-trib.com/sports/falc...2bb0cad2b.html

Comment

I agree, but he's also matured in that time. I would hope that would lead to better composure over the long haul.

On another interesting note, BG may be looking to bring in one of the signed D-Men mid-season. It's not something that Berg wants to do but, as this past weekend proved, if one of them gets hurt we have a problem because we're so thin there. The other possibility is to convert a forward, if one is willing, like we did with Mingo.

http://www.sent-trib.com/sports/falc...2bb0cad2b.html
      Like I stated earlier, I would think that Alec Rauhauser would be the only one of the LOI signed guys that could come in and he wears a letter for his USHL team, so not sure that is even a possibility.

The other D commits are very, very young and most don't project to even be at BG until 2017 at the earliest. I guess if they just wanted a guy to help in practice and be available in a pinch they could bring in one of the really young guys. However, if you are talking playing in actual games, Rauhauser appears to be the only guy with the size, age and junior experience to do that.

Either that or they find a guy that is completely off the radar, like an older Canadian Provincial Junior player to come in...maybe someone that has been on the cusp of getting an NCAA offer, but never got one......

They are going to have to do something though...you can't be burning your top 2 guys out in practice come the Spring, yet you have to be able to run correct drills too. They'll need a body somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
        Like I stated earlier, I would think that Alec Rauhauser would be the only one of the LOI signed guys that could come in and he wears a letter for his USHL team, so not sure that is even a possibility.

The other D commits are very, very young and most don't project to even be at BG until 2017 at the earliest. I guess if they just wanted a guy to help in practice and be available in a pinch they could bring in one of the really young guys. However, if you are talking playing in actual games, Rauhauser appears to be the only guy with the size, age and junior experience to do that.

Either that or they find a guy that is completely off the radar, like an older Canadian Provincial Junior player to come in...maybe someone that has been on the cusp of getting an NCAA offer, but never got one......

They are going to have to do something though...you can't be burning your top 2 guys out in practice come the Spring, yet you have to be able to run correct drills too. They'll need a body somehow.
        They could do like has been done in the past and invite a club player or two to join the team. He would be immediately available since he's already enrolled.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
          They could do like has been done in the past and invite a club player or two to join the team. He would be immediately available since he's already enrolled.
          I'm sure that has been considered. Once upon a time there wasn't as huge of a gap in the talent level between the club and varsity teams. Not so any more. We already have 2 D-men that don't play all that often, adding one more really won't help much.

Comment

just said hello to Coach Whitten at the arena while I was putting on the blades for cheapskate.
            he mentioned what a good job Bergeron is doing, and how he's looking at BG as a model for the Lakers.

Gameday!
            #GoFalcons!
            Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Comment

Only 1 freshman forward tonight. Looking forward to seeing Baylis play. I kind of figured that Nell would get the nod tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                  Only 1 freshman forward tonight. Looking forward to seeing Baylis play. I kind of figured that Nell would get the nod tonight.
                  so much forward depth.
                  that third line should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                    he mentioned what a good job Bergeron is doing, and how he's looking at BG as a model for the Lakers.
                    Hey, that's our line! Ties between the schools + coming back from near-extinction...

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      Hey, that's our line! Ties between the schools + coming back from near-extinction...

GFM
                      UAH, BG, and the brown pelican!

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                        UAH, BG, and the brown pelican!
                        If someone gets in legal trouble, we just call Jules and Denzel!

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Nell gets the nod again. Big surprise is Murphy getting scratched.

Last edited by Critical Thinker; 11-07-2015, 02:07 PM. Reason: lack of proofreading
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

So at what point do we start to worry about the fact that this team can't score ANY goals, much less on the 56th out of 60 teams ranked power play.....
                            Last edited by bravohankins; 11-08-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                              So at what point do we start to worry about the fact that this team can't score ANY goals, much less on the 56th out of 60 teams ranked power play.....
                              If .0002 didn't fire them up, I don't know what will.
                              BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

updated 11/9
                                How the recruits are doing...

G Ryan Bednard (Youngstown Phantoms): 6 GP, 2.82 GAA, .906 SV%

C Lucas Craggs (Youngstown Phantoms): 11 GP, 4 G, 1 A, 5 Pts., -2 +/-, 29 PIM
                                LW Sam Craggs (Youngstown Phantoms): 0 GP
                                LW Casey Linkenheld (Johnstown Tomahawks): 13 GP, 6 G, 8 A, 14 Pts., 7 +/-, 12 PIM
                                F Michael Houle (Springfield Jr. Blues): 15 GP, 2 G, 6 A, 8 Pts., -4 +/-, 18 PIM
                                RW Connor Ford (Shattuck St. Mary's): 13 GP, 9 G, 11 A, 20 Pts., 0 PIM
                                RW Evan Dougherty (Fox Motors U16): 0 GP
                                C Max Johnson (Lakeville North): 0 GP

LD Alec Rauhauser (Des Moines Buccaneers): 12 GP, 1 G, 4 A, 5 Pts., -2 +/-, 8 PIM
                                LD Carson Musser (Fargo Force): 10 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pts., 2 +/-, 2 PIM
                                LD Jordan Ernst (Madison Capitols): 9 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pt., 1 +/-, 12 PIM
                                D Justin Wells (Sioux Falls Stampede): 8 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 Pt., 0 +/-, 4 PIM
                                D Jacob Dalton (Wichita Falls Wildcats): 16 GP, 4 G, 6 A, 10 Pts., 11 +/-, 6 PIM
                                D Adam Smith (Newmarket Hurricanes): 22 GP, 2 G, 7 A, 9 Pts., 26 PIM

Comment

Working...
                                X