View Full Version : 2015 Hall of Fame game - Vermont @ Minnesota 10/10/15

Pages : [1] 2

Gophers #1
10-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Let go Gophers.

SanTropez
10-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Need the smiley.

Vermont fans - Bring some extra heady topper and drop it off in MN when visiting, thanks.

MN sweeps

jcarter7669
10-05-2015, 01:48 PM
MN sweeps

It's only one game.... MN 2 UVM 3

SanTropez
10-05-2015, 01:52 PM
It's only one game....

Correct, MN still sweeps.

Nosmo King
10-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Any way to watch the game from afar? Online?

Bonin21
10-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Should be on BTN to Go and Fox Sports to Go if you don't get FSN.

gopher wes
10-05-2015, 03:15 PM
Need the smiley.
Yeah, *** is up with the no smiley?

Can't wait until Saturday! Been toooooooo long since I've been to Mariucci.....

Gophers #1
10-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Remember the game is on the FS North Plus channel. Wild are on the main channel.

gopher wes
10-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Are people not seeing this thread without the smiley or what? Am I the only one excited for the season to start?! lol

UVM Cat in Texas
10-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Remember the game is on the FS North Plus channel. Wild are on the main channel.
I get FS North, but not North Plus. So what are my online options, if any? Thanks.

gopher wes
10-07-2015, 11:55 AM
I get FS North, but not North Plus. So what are my online options, if any? Thanks.
BTN2Go and Fox Sports Go according to what Jupiter lists on GPL.

Driftryder
10-07-2015, 11:59 AM
If I remember right, the Fox North Plus channel doesn't become "live" until around game time.

Koho
10-08-2015, 06:07 AM
Correct, MN still sweeps.

I agree. After all, MN is currently #1 in RPI and Krach!

Happy
10-08-2015, 07:29 AM
got my tickets today. my ticket partner got Duluth. I get to work 2 months of 13 hour nights shifts, 6 nights a week. I expect the gophers to be a fabulously good while I miss all those games.

harry
10-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Ok, I'll ask....

Why a Hall of Fame game? The inductions are not on Saturday, correct?
Is there any pomp or circumstance surrounding this game? Any hall of famers going to be there or anything?
I am excited for the out of conf matchup and all, just wonderin'!

Slap Shot
10-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Ok, I'll ask....

Is there any pomp or circumstance surrounding this game? Any hall of famers going to be there or anything?

When the Gophers play there's always a future HOFer in the lineup. :cool:

mnstate0fhockey
10-08-2015, 06:30 PM

Fox College Sports is carrying it if you get that.

Driftryder
10-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Vermont game notes from Gophersports.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/100715aab.html

The Gopher Hockey program enters its 95th season in 2015-16 as the two-time defending Big Ten regular-season champions and the defending Big Ten tournament champions. Minnesota opens the campaign -- the 17th under head coach Don Lucia -- on Saturday, Oct. 10, hosting the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game at Mariucci Arena against Vermont at 7 p.m.

The Gophers feature only one player who saw the ice the last time Minnesota took on Vermont (a two-game road sweep for the Gophers in 2012-13), but it was certainly a memorable experience for A.J. Michaelson. The senior forward tallied his first collegiate point (an assist) in the series opener -- a 5-1 Minnesota Victory -- and then notched his first collegiate goal -- the eventual game winner -- the following night in a 3-1 sweep-clinching victory.

Four Championships -- A Program First
For the first time in Gopher Hockey history, the Maroon & Gold have earned four-straight regular-season conference titles after repeating as Big Ten champions last year. Minnesota's 6-2 win over Penn State in the regular-season finale clinched the championship for Minnesota with the title standing as the 16th regular-season conference crown in program history. Prior to the back-to-back Big Ten titles, Minnesota won two-straight MacNaughton Cups as WCHA regular-season champions in the team's final two years in the league (co-champions in 2012-13).

Pacing the Nation
Not only have the Gophers won four-straight conference titles, they've earned four-straight NCAA tournament berths over that span including two trips to the NCAA Frozen Four and added a Big Ten tournament title last year. Perhaps even more impressive is the overall record of the Maroon & Gold over that stretch. Over the last four years, Minnesota leads the nation in total wins (105), winning percentage (.690) and fewest losses (43).

HarleyMC
10-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Ok, I'll ask....

Good questions and you're not the only one wondering about the details behind the marquee. If there is anything special being held on Sat. to commemorate the event, I haven't seen it. IMO this event could use a strong dose of marketing expertise as it does not appear to be marketed very well. :)

This is essentially a fund raising event for the non-profit "U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame" in Eveleth, MN, not to be confused with the "NHL Hall of Fame" in Toronto, CA. The U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame honors only Americans for their contribution to hockey in the United States. As a non-profit organization, the US Hockey HOF generates its income from private donations, grants, fund raising events, and sponsorships from USA Hockey, the Minnesota Wild and others.

There is also a Women's Hockey Hall of Fame Face-Off College Game involving the University of Minnesota vs. St. Cloud State University @ Roseville Ice Arena, St. Paul, MN, December 11, 2015. The actual U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place this year in Boston, MA, December 17.

U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Enshrinees since 1973. (http://ushockeyhall.com/enshrinees.cfm)

UVM Cat in Texas
10-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Fox College Sports is carrying it if you get that.
Hmmm, pretty sure I do -- will check tonight. Thanks for the heads-up.