SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

The Cubs are in the playoffs this year which means the Huskies have some hope. Don't ask. Lady Logic. It is best not to ask.

We lost some and we gained some players. The team has been going in the right direction for the past several seasons. Is this year our year?
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

I may not get to see a single game live this year, which would be the first time since the 2000-2001 season. So I'd say that's a pretty solid bet we have a hell of a year.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Weirder things have happened.
      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

From what I have read about the incoming freshmen, it looks like we are going to have some serious firepower this year. I think we will be in the top 5 in the country in scoring. Just hope the new defenseman can hold their own.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Everything coming up Milhouse!

(so far)
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            Everything coming up Milhouse!

(so far)
            It's tough to be excited when a weekend sweep comes against two Alaska teams. Just saying.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              It's tough to be excited when a weekend sweep comes against two Alaska teams. Just saying.
              You weren't hoping for a split? (Somebody had to)
              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
              UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                I may not get to see a single game live this year, which would be the first time since the 2000-2001 season. So I'd say that's a pretty solid bet we have a hell of a year.
                I'm going to miss our MC and Red Carpet trips.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  I'm going to miss our MC and Red Carpet trips.
                  Maybe I'll just have to land a similar job in St. Cloud in the next couple years

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    Maybe I'll just have to land a similar job in St. Cloud in the next couple years
                    That would be most excellent.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Four games into the least, the record is 4-0-0, and the three games where Lindgren has started have all been shutout victories. I like it. Perhaps the D has finally learned to actually cover that guy setup on the backside of the net.

Going out east to play QU might be the first real test of the season. Many expected that first test to be Mankato State, but the Purple Cows seem to have lost their legs already this season. It should be a fun series this weekend.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Hey a first place vote!

Comment

That would be most excellent.
                          It would be! Then we could taunt two NCHC play by play guys. I don't think Euro would be nearly as much fun to taunt as Ciskie is though.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            It would be! Then we could taunt two NCHC play by play guys. I don't think Euro would be nearly as much fun to taunt as Ciskie is though.
                            No it wouldn't be as fun. But it would be a great time for all.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

No it wouldn't be as fun. But it would be a great time for all.
                              And HOWE!

Comment

Working...
                              X