SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Ok. One day away. Although all signs are pointing to a good chance at a couple of wins against two teams SCSU has already swept, why am I not feeling terribly confident?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
      Ok. One day away. Although all signs are pointing to a good chance at a couple of wins against two teams SCSU has already swept, why am I not feeling terribly confident?
      Because both teams are playing better now than when we swept them. Regardless of that, assuming we don't see a game like what happened with CC, winning the tournament should be the expected outcome.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Because both teams are playing better now than when we swept them. Regardless of that, assuming we don't see a game like what happened with CC, winning the tournament should be the expected outcome.
        That is exactly the point. Maybe it's playing on the smaller sheet. Our guys aren't as physical, that doesn't play to their advantage. I agree that winning both games is the expected outcome. Time to make a statement.

Comment

Talked to many SCSU fans after tonight's tournament win. Great excitement for the future of this team's prospects in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Great weekend of hockey.

Comment

I don't know if it was Bemidji's lack of offense, or St Cloud's defense, but the Beavers really struggled to generate any real offense until the third period when it was 4-0 and out of hand. Looks like UND leap frogged them in the standings after they won two low-scoring close games at Western Michigan.

Comment

Brrrmidgi is a defensive oriented team. Their D couldn't keep up with our O, so it was just a matter of playing simple, basic hockey for the remainder of the game once we hit 4-0.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Ethan Prow was interviewed by his junior team the Des Moines Buccaneers:

http://www.bucshockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=602058
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Benik is the NCHC January POTM and Eyssimont is Co rookie of the month.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

You heard it here first: St Cloud State will sweeeeep the University of Miami Ohio.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Expecting two well played, close games this weekend. And I am assuming Miami will score more than 1 goal, unlike last time.

Comment

What's the 5 game trend? And I don't want actual insight to the how's or why's of the outcomes as we all know they don't matter.

Seriously, I'm starting to turn my initial leaning of split toward a sweep. Friday will be close. Saturday is smelling like 5-2.

Comment

What's the 5 game trend? And I don't want actual insight to the how's or why's of the outcomes as we all know they don't matter.

Seriously, I'm starting to turn my initial leaning of split toward a sweep. Friday will be close. Saturday is smelling like 5-2.
                            I'm hoping for a sweep, but think it'll be more of a win and tie. Blasi's teams should never be overlooked.

Comment

Miami really struggles to score goals, especially in conference play. They've had some better games offensively lately though against Omaha and Denver. The lower scoring game favors them and the higher scoring game favors the Huskies. Its an NHL sized, rink so a slower, more defensive game is probably better suited to them, although the Huskies showed that they can still put up goals last weekend on a smaller ice sheet against good defenses.

Comment

5 games here is actually a decent measurement because they played a single against BGSU on 1/16. Miami is 4-1 in their last 5 with 18 GF and 11 GA. St, Clooud is 4-0-1 with 26 GF and 12 GA.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X