SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Looks like Quinnipiac figured out that if you punch SCSU in the face, they fold
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
      Looks like Quinnipiac figured out that if you punch SCSU in the face, they fold
      Too simplistic to say that.
      Wasn't a great weekend but they'll learn from it.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

And now we're back to the lock down defense (14 shots allowed?) and Lindgrens 4th shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
          And now we're back to the lock down defense (14 shots allowed?) and Lindgrens 4th shutout.
          Tonight's game against Miami can be described as . . .

HUSCKEY DOMI NATION!!!

Comment

With Geno assisting on the color commentary this weekend, the question becomes which Parrish is better on TV? Geno or Mark.

Discuss.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
              With Geno assisting on the color commentary this weekend, the question becomes which Parrish is better on TV? Geno or Mark.

Discuss.
              Geno seems less awkward.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Geno seems less awkward.
                I missed Geno on the broadcast? Argh! I used to talk to him a little back on campus. The guy was flat out funny without even putting in the slightest bit of effort. I can only imagine how his commentary went. I'll have to see if I can get a replay from NCHC.tv.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

One of you should bid and get this awesome jersey.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Too expensive.

I didn't check and couldn't get updates, but how did we do against the cones?
                    Last edited by Lady wore Black; 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

So... We're kinda good. Thoughts?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

We're ok. I don't like the flat feet in the first 5-7 minutes of the game. Slacking (not really the right word, but too lazy to use a thesaurus) in the second and allowing the opponent to score.

This is a really good team. They have potential.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          So... We're kinda good. Thoughts?
                          I'm pretty optimistic, Motzko's teams have generally gotten stronger as season's progress, unlike his predecessor. Attendance continues to disappoint. Last year's Saturday UMD game is the only game at the NHC I've been able to attend in recent seasons, but from that experience, and watching highlights, it seems like attendance is being relatively accurately reported, therefore the drop would be less precipitous than the numbers would indicate. Are they using tickets scanned, instead of tickets sold?
                          One big drop I do notice, though, is there was a few seasons where every North Dakota and Minnesota game sold 7,051 tickets and it sure seemed like every one of those people were actually there. Now they can't even sell 5,500.
                          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

We currently sit 4th in Pairwise but 2nd in KRACH. Screwed again!
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                              I'm pretty optimistic, Motzko's teams have generally gotten stronger as season's progress, unlike his predecessor. Attendance continues to disappoint. Last year's Saturday UMD game is the only game at the NHC I've been able to attend in recent seasons, but from that experience, and watching highlights, it seems like attendance is being relatively accurately reported, therefore the drop would be less precipitous than the numbers would indicate. Are they using tickets scanned, instead of tickets sold?
                              One big drop I do notice, though, is there was a few seasons where every North Dakota and Minnesota game sold 7,051 tickets and it sure seemed like every one of those people were actually there. Now they can't even sell 5,500.
                              Tickets are expensive and travel plus food/lodging prices people out.
                              Especially when there is a high quality broadcast in HD for every home game, so...why drive it?
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                                Two things about the ticket sales that weren't mentioned prior:

First, with the updates to the NHC, there are fewer seats available for sale. I forget the exact difference, but they did reduce the quantity of seats.
                                Second, someone seems to have made the decision to not over-sell the SRO tickets anymore. When the arena packed in 7,000 or more people, you had fans standing two rows deep at the top of sections. It made for a bad view of the game and with increased ticket prices, people are going to demand better accommodations.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X