SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Despite the win, I can't see us going to the Frozen Four or winning a national championship at this point. The team's performance during the second half of the season has just been too inconsistent. Had we played anyone else tonight, we would have been crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      As much as I prefer him to some of the other guys that have done color, I am not sure he is going to be doing it much longer. Between coaching Orono and the fact that he should be graduating soon, I would guess that if this season isn't his last next year will be.
      I don't know. He only had two years at SCSU before going pro, probably only taking 12 credits per term (four credits per class back then, 16 credits was a full load). With everything he has going on now, he's probably only taking six credits per term now. This is his third year back in school now, right? We might get a couple more out of him. He was commentary for about two-thirds of the games this year while coaching Orono, no reason why that changes going forward.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Crap effort. Geez, that was Western bleeping Michigan. A win is a win I guess. Need a much better effort tomorrow night. In other NCHC action, UND and Denver take care of business pretty easily and UMD puts up a big comeback win. So chalk for Game One albeit in all shapes and forms.

Change our form. Need to be sharper to get a run going.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
          Despite the win, I can't see us going to the Frozen Four or winning a national championship at this point. The team's performance during the second half of the season has just been too inconsistent. Had we played anyone else tonight, we would have been crushed.
          I am not worried yet. This game was not a 'must win'.

Comment

• Originally posted by DB Searle View Post
            I am not worried yet. This game was not a 'must win'.
            Agreed. I guess if you don't put up ELEVENTY goals you are done.

Comment

Not the best effort. You can tell that once they got to the late stages of the third and in most of OT, Huskies wanted it more. Probably woulda got creamed playing a higher ranked team, but like DB Searle said, it wasn't necessarily a desperation or must win game yet. Huge comeback at Amsoil Arena

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                Not the best effort. You can tell that once they got to the late stages of the third and in most of OT, Huskies wanted it more. Probably woulda got creamed playing a higher ranked team, but like DB Searle said, it wasn't necessarily a desperation or must win game yet. Huge comeback at Amsoil Arena
                BS on wanting it more. Both teams wanted the win, SCSU just simply outplayed them because our boys have more talent than WMU. We just finally played like it rather than skating around with thumbs up our ***es.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Huskies down 1-0, 14 min left in the 2nd. Lots of bad passes and missed opportunities.

Comment

Huskies win 4-2! The first 30 minutes were pretty sloppy, then we dominated the rest of the game. Gives us good momentum going into the Frozen Faceoff.

Comment

All season. Is there a way that we can forfeit the 1st period?
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Looks like we'll be playing Denver in the Frozen Faceoff semifinal. I'm a bit nervous about that game because Denver is a much better team now than when we swept them in December.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
                          Looks like we'll be playing Denver in the Frozen Faceoff semifinal. I'm a bit nervous about that game because Denver is a much better team now than when we swept them in December.
                          I fear nobody. We can beat Denver...we can beat UND...we can beat Quinnipiac. Doesn't matter.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            I fear nobody. We can beat Denver...we can beat UND...we can beat Quinnipiac. Doesn't matter.
                            Agreed. We defeated Denver and Nodak. Would enjoy watching a rematch with the Q with Prow on neutral ice.

When Chuck brings his A game, SCSU is best team in college hockey.

Comment

The frozen faceoff in Minneapolis is looking awesome. Clearly you've got the four best teams playing each other right now and with UND, St Cloud, and UMD all advancing, attendance should be about the best you could hope for. UMD still sits at #13 in the pairwise so that seems relatively safe. With one win this weekend, that would likely cement their status into the NCAA's.

Comment

Hopefully UMD loses two games and misses the tournament
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X