SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

The only time St Cloud has been swept all season was at #1 Quinnipiac. I would expect them to come out with more urgency in the first period tonight. Kaskisuo could be the equalizer though, he was sharp last night.

Comment

Scoreless after the 1st period. SOG: 10-8 UMD. Neither team has been able to get anything going despite lots of opportunities.

Comment

Huskies lose game #2 2-1 and get swept. Very poor effort. Next weekend is a must-sweep to keep our Penrose chances alive.

Comment

Missing: One Husky Hockey team.
          If found, please return to the HBNHC ASAP.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Poor effort is a load of crap. Duluth played great this weekend. Huskies had one bad period last night. Other than that two evenly matched teams. Bulldogs got the better of it.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

We have problems playing against teams with size. Quinnipiac and Duluth have highlighted that.
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                We have problems playing against teams with size. Quinnipiac and Duluth have highlighted that.
                UMD dictated that game from start to finish.
                We did nothing to try and break their style and let them do what they wanted.
                They've also beaten plenty of teams with size, size wasn't the issue.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  UMD dictated that game from start to finish.
                  We did nothing to try and break their style and let them do what they wanted.
                  They've also beaten plenty of teams with size, size wasn't the issue.
                  I know we arent going to agree on this but whatever. What did they dictate? I was at the game tonight on the end UMD shot at twice. So i only got to see one period of scsu on offense because we were in the 3rd row. But from what i saw duluth just played disciplined defense, made us pass around the outside. Which is doable when you have the lead. Kas played very well too and didnt give up many rebounds. I am not saying we played our best, but the effort was there.

Yeah we have played big teams before. WMU had teams before that have been bigger. But UMD was able to play tight enough to our forwards the it was tough to even get it out of the corners. Let alone then make plays off of it. Once we got it deep we had no scoring chances. The only chances i saw were in transition. Which was still only 2 chances.

Comment

You ask what they dictated...and then described it exactly.
                    They made us play their game...but it wasn't because of their size.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

This is a "silver linings" take, because I, of course, wanted the Huskies to sweep the series and remain in serious contention for the conference title. I think there is a chance that this is a blessing in disguise in terms of being the cliched wake-up call. The Huskies have won a lot of games this year against the run-of-play due to their skill and scoring ability, but that inconsistent effort simply won't fly come the post season. This will be valuable tape to show how teams can successfully shut them down, and hopefully the Huskies can learn how to counteract that. This is the type of weekend that would send Dahl era teams into a death-spiral. I have confidence that Motzko and the senior won't let that happen.
                      We shouldn't ignore that UMD is a very talented, desperate team that's finally healthy and only needs to find a modicum of offense to be extremely dangerous. This might be exactly the weekend St. Cloud needed to show what they need to do to make a deep run.
                      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                        This is a "silver linings" take, because I, of course, wanted the Huskies to sweep the series and remain in serious contention for the conference title. I think there is a chance that this is a blessing in disguise in terms of being the cliched wake-up call. The Huskies have won a lot of games this year against the run-of-play due to their skill and scoring ability, but that inconsistent effort simply won't fly come the post season. This will be valuable tape to show how teams can successfully shut them down, and hopefully the Huskies can learn how to counteract that. This is the type of weekend that would send Dahl era teams into a death-spiral. I have confidence that Motzko and the senior won't let that happen.
                        We shouldn't ignore that UMD is a very talented, desperate team that's finally healthy and only needs to find a modicum of offense to be extremely dangerous. This might be exactly the weekend St. Cloud needed to show what they need to do to make a deep run.
                        Amen. Period. Right On!

Comment

Let's hope so.
                          IMO they've had two home games where they could/should have learned that with CC & Omaha.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            Let's hope so.
                            IMO they've had two home games where they could/should have learned that with CC & Omaha.
                            You're probably right, however, since those series weren't so close to the end of the season, and were both splits, I can see them being thought of as "bad game, forget about it, move on." This was being swept at an important point in the season against the type of team you're going to have to beat multiple times. This time they need to learn, not forget, and I'm going to be optimistic that they will.
                            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

So what are ya'll thinking this weekend? Its highly unlikely Western is going to do any favors in Grand Forks, so the Huskies are basically fighting to stay ahead of Denver and avoid having to play Omaha in the first round. Western is a favorable matchup in the first round, especially based on going 4-0 and putting up like 25 goals on them this season. I think they need to come out on Friday and bury CC big in both games. Right this ship before the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                                So what are ya'll thinking this weekend? Its highly unlikely Western is going to do any favors in Grand Forks, so the Huskies are basically fighting to stay ahead of Denver and avoid having to play Omaha in the first round. Western is a favorable matchup in the first round, especially based on going 4-0 and putting up like 25 goals on them this season. I think they need to come out on Friday and bury CC big in both games. Right this ship before the first round of the playoffs.
                                I like how you said "like 25 goals." You did that just guessing, cuz 6 a game sounds insane. We actually scored 31 in 4 games. We were a goal away from AVERAGING 8 goals a game. Honestly though, I am not thrilled about the idea of playing them in the playoffs. Not the type of game to get in the mindset of when it comes to playoff time; not a lot of 8-3 games
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X