X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    I give Amato a lot of credit for what he has done, but being honest he still scares me to death...
    Yes. AIC and Niagara are one thing. Mercyhurst is altogether another animal. If he gets caught one-on-one with shooters of Mercyhurst's caliber I'm afraid they'll shred him. The Tigers will have to clamp down on defense even more than they already have the past two weekends (which has been impressive at times).

But as Chris said, home ice hasn't been much of an advantage to the Tigers this season. Maybe 5th seed isn't so bad (as long as AFA isn't in 4th) for playoff hopes. Would suck for us fans, but we'd just have to wait and hope they make it to BCA.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Personally, I would rather be on the RoMo side of the bracket than Air Force.
      The importance of which "side of the bracket" a team ends up on is really moot given that they re-seed for the Semi-Finals. All you need is an upset of one of the top 3 teams in Round 2 and the original bracket is out the window (especially if RIT is the one that gets upset )
      Can't we all just get along?
      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
        The importance of which "side of the bracket" a team ends up on is really moot given that they re-seed for the Semi-Finals. All you need is an upset of one of the top 3 teams in Round 2 and the original bracket is out the window (especially if RIT is the one that gets upset )
        It's not totally moot. The team that finishes second or third and the one that finishes first can never meet until the final, no matter how much reseeding goes on.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
          Yes. AIC and Niagara are one thing. Mercyhurst is altogether another animal. If he gets caught one-on-one with shooters of Mercyhurst's caliber I'm afraid they'll shred him.
          I think he does okay one on one. The biggest issue is ironically his size. Causing problems on long shots from the point. He really needs to get out farther than most to cut down the angle. If he doesn't it leave a lot of the top of the net to shot at...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Media reports indicate that it will be a game time decision on who is in net tonight for RIT.....
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              Media reports indicate that it will be a game time decision on who is in net tonight for RIT.....
              Short was first on the ice. Looks like he is starting tonight!

Edit: he came off the ice from warm ups pretty darn early. Hopefully not an issue.
              Last edited by devmorgan; 02-26-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Tough to win when you are shorthanded the entire game practically and two of your top 3 defenseman get tossed... First star of the game definitely went to JaBLOWski for Mercyhurst. I usually dont complain about officiating, but tonight's game was one of the worst perpetuated by a butt hurt ref who couldnt handle a few boos it seems. Unfortunate for the Tigers Senior night. if the game was called evenly, and there were definitely some legit Tiger penalties, it wouldnt have gotten as ugly. Horrible job by Jablowski, calling stuff from the other side of the ice when Foote is right there. Then he lets a blatant crush from behind go right in front of him. The guy sucks and should never ref a D 1 collegiate game.

Comment

• Have another donut Jablowski!
                  RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                    Tough to win when you are shorthanded the entire game practically and two of your top 3 defenseman get tossed... First star of the game definitely went to JaBLOWski for Mercyhurst. I usually dont complain about officiating, but tonight's game was one of the worst perpetuated by a butt hurt ref who couldnt handle a few boos it seems. Unfortunate for the Tigers Senior night. if the game was called evenly, and there were definitely some legit Tiger penalties, it wouldnt have gotten as ugly. Horrible job by Jablowski, calling stuff from the other side of the ice when Foote is right there. Then he lets a blatant crush from behind go right in front of him. The guy sucks and should never ref a D 1 collegiate game.
                    Wilson said he agreed with all of the calls, as did the WITR crew.

The RIT fans were the only ones butthurt. I was pretty embarrassed by how the team just unraveled. Kuqali is supposed to be a leader on this team and he absolutely buries a guy in the corner and gets tossed in a close game. You just can't do that and hurt your team. Lots of stupid penalties due to RIT being undisciplined all night.
                    RIT

Comment

• My issue is not with what was called but wasn't. Some pretty obvious stuff was let go.

But RIT was indeed undisciplined and deserved the outcome.

And I'm not happy that the same player that took out Rotolo on January 3 ran right over Short tonight.

Comment

Yeah most of the calls I could agree with, except P-Fontaine's game misconduct. That was WEAK. I sat right behind it and couldn't believe it. Kuqali's hit was borderline for me. The kid seemed to dive/fall right as he was being hit.
                        But yes, as mentioned above, it's what wasn't called. I was so riled up I googled AHC's number and left them a message halfway through the 3rd period.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                        Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          Wilson said he agreed with all of the calls, as did the WITR crew.

The RIT fans were the only ones butthurt. I was pretty embarrassed by how the team just unraveled. Kuqali is supposed to be a leader on this team and he absolutely buries a guy in the corner and gets tossed in a close game. You just can't do that and hurt your team. Lots of stupid penalties due to RIT being undisciplined all night.
                          I didnt say there werent legit calls, but please tell me you arent serious that you think Wilson or anyone could say we should have been down 5 on 3 after Short gets run over. Of course he isnt going to bad mouth officiating on air. The team got frustrated and toom bad penalties but it shouldnt have gotten to that point to begin with. Fact is many people feel the same about Jablonski - not just impartial RIT fans.

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                            I didnt say there werent legit calls, but please tell me you arent serious that you think Wilson or anyone could say we should have been down 5 on 3 after Short gets run over. Of course he isnt going to bad mouth officiating on air. The team got frustrated and toom bad penalties but it shouldnt have gotten to that point to begin with. Fact is many people feel the same about Jablonski - not just impartial RIT fans.
                            At the very least -- THE VERY LEAST -- the player who bulldozed Short should have had a whistle for embellishment. And he's the same player who took out Rotolo on January 3.

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                              Yeah most of the calls I could agree with, except P-Fontaine's game misconduct. That was WEAK. I sat right behind it and couldn't believe it.
                              You heard what he said? (It was a 10-minute misconduct, for language I assume.)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                                At the very least -- THE VERY LEAST -- the player who bulldozed Short should have had a whistle for embellishment. And he's the same player who took out Rotolo on January 3.
                                Sounds like there was more that should have been called. Do you remember anything else?

It seemed like the kind of hits Norrish and Kuqali got called for weren't being called as majors+game earlier this season. Certainly not against the Tigers. Is my perception accurate or off?

I thought the Tigers didn't actually play all that badly. Undisciplined, maybe, but I thought they did well to keep up with Mercyhurst's blistering pace.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X