X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
    I'd say as long as the offense keeps averaging 3.56 goals per game, there's no need to rush back Rotolo. The goals have been coming so far in 2016 and if they keep it up, this team will go deep into March when Rotolo is back.
    Everyone seems surprisingly down on Short so far, and I think we all fondly remember Rotolo from last year but he has regressed significantly this season.

The stats indicate no real winner here:

Short: 9GP / 2.93 GAA / .888sv%
    Rotolo: 14GP / 3.00 GAA / .896sv%

Neither of those are particularly exciting. Short is a freshmen and needs to grow into it, but he had two games at .900% or better and a GAA of 2.5 for the weekend against a Bentley team that can score. I'm not down on Rotolo either, I was a big supporter of his over Ruby last year, but coming off an injury in an already mediocre season for him, I'm not overly confident he's going to suddenly re-appear as a top dog goalie.
    RIT

Comment

I'm not down on Short. I think he has a lot of potential to be great. But he does have some glaring weaknesses, such as going side to side. Are they correctable? Absolutely.

Rotolo went 2-1 with 5 goals in 77 shots in his last 3 full games. The loss was a 1-0 loss. He was really rounding info form after a shaky start.

As I said with the Rotolo/Ruby debate - just give me the goalie who gives RIT the best chance to win.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Ruby In-Net... for the Brampton Beast

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        Ruby turned a relatively average to mediocre RIT career into a great one with that playoff run.
        Speaking of who (whom??)... so I’m listening to the local news tonight, the sports segment is covering the recent Elmira Jackals contest with the Brampton Beast, and I hear a familiar name mentioned... Jordan Ruby. First I heard of this!

He signed a Standard Player Contract with Brampton on January 12, and in three games has allowed 8 goals, and a 0-1-1-1 (W-L-OTL-SOL) record. However, while this record may be less-than-desirable, the press he’s been getting appears to be quite favorable:
        - Beast Outshoot Everblades But Fall 5-1
        - Ruby Turns in A Gem of a Performance As Everblades Edge Beast in Overtime
        - Ruby Spectacular in Tough 2-1 Shootout Loss to Jackals (even the Elmira coverage appeared to be impressed!)

Hopefully Ruby can string a few wins together in the near future, and we’ll get to see him play for Brampton when they come-back to Elmira in late-March. Hell, maybe Garbowsky will get re-assigned to the Jackals for a game or two to throw a few pucks at him!

Cheers!!!
        ~TTF
        Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 01-18-2016, 06:34 PM. Reason: Format Links
        Dave
        RIT - '90

Comment

I'm not down on Short. I think he has a lot of potential to be great. But he does have some glaring weaknesses, such as going side to side. Are they correctable? Absolutely.
          Side to side movement is really affected by a bigger, but correctable issue with his game. It a tendency to over react or not read plays correctly. If you go to the Canisius weekend there was a few examples, the wrap around goal and if you look at at the last goal Canisius goal, he over reacted/did not read the pass correctly and allowed them an easy open net goal.

I think he has potential too, I think he needs to hit the same off season camp that they sent DeMike too...
          Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
          The Mule
          Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            Everyone seems surprisingly down on Short so far, and I think we all fondly remember Rotolo from last year but he has regressed significantly this season.

The stats indicate no real winner here:

Short: 9GP / 2.93 GAA / .888sv%
            Rotolo: 14GP / 3.00 GAA / .896sv%

Neither of those are particularly exciting. Short is a freshmen and needs to grow into it, but he had two games at .900% or better and a GAA of 2.5 for the weekend against a Bentley team that can score. I'm not down on Rotolo either, I was a big supporter of his over Ruby last year, but coming off an injury in an already mediocre season for him, I'm not overly confident he's going to suddenly re-appear as a top dog goalie.

Those are inflated stats for Rotolo - his AHC stats are much better than Short's, which is what matters in this part of the season. Those stats include the beginning season growing pains of playing a slew of OOC games against great teams who score. Rotolo faced Clarkson, St. Lawrence, Colgate, and Boston College when RIT as a whole was not playing well at all. Short only played 1 OOC game, against Colgate.

In league play, the stats paint a different picture:
            Rotolo: 9 GP / 2.09 GAA / 92.1% sv (4th in the league)
            Short: 8 GP / 2.91 GAA / 88.8% sv (12th in the league)

RIT Hockey FB Group
            Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

If it's technique, that's one thing. If it's a lack of "hockey sense" causing him to not track the puck well, that's a different story. That seems to be more innate and is not necessarily teachable. I can't speak to his performance in Bentley (sounded improved relatively speaking, but that's just radio). Against CC however, there were a number of times where even as a fan you're watching the play assuming that the goalie will be following the flow of the puck and be in position, then you look down and Short wasn't there yet. I'm no hockey player, let alone a goalie, so if I can predict where the goalie should be going (or should have gone) and the goalie is nowhere near there when it matters, something's wrong. Hopefully, it's just a little freshman panic or a brain-freeze or something easy to fix, cause he can stop pucks.
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Anyone think Wayne Wilson will offer any of us a goaltender coach position next season?

If Rotolo is 100% I go right back to him until in the next game and see if he can take the cars...

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Haaafs View Post
                  I don't know what Coach Wilson said in the locker room during the 1st intermission, but it worked.
                  Coach said it wasn't him. It was the seniors and captains.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    Anyone think Wayne Wilson will offer any of us a goaltender coach position next season?
                    Why should he when so much wisdom is always available here, free for the taking

But if he did make such a move, some have hurt their chances by willingly admitting to not having hockey or goaltending experience which would make their resume's look very weak!

I for one am out of the running for miss-identifying the tigers backup goalie this weekend

Tiger's take two this weekend as the winning continues!
                    Last edited by blazer777; 01-19-2016, 03:42 PM.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

While highly unlikely, it's totally possible for RIT to be tied for 1st place this Sunday.

RIT Hockey FB Group
                      Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

In alumni news, Brandon Thompson has been signed by the Edinburgh Capitals.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/ice-hockey/edinburgh-capitals-sign-canadian-forward-brandon-thompson-1-4006941
                        RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                          Coach said it wasn't him. It was the seniors and captains.

Powers &8^]
                          Good, the upper class men are going to be key in keeping the young talented guys in the game. It's tough cause I really do think it's one of the rare years where you have better talent in the younger ranks. But the seniors will be key in keeping everyone accountable for showing up every night. If they do I think this team will be celebrating at Blue Cross and we will be looking at another appearance in the NCAAs.

Thomas M. Naeger
                          The Mule

Comment

I think next year this team might have 2-3 Dan Ringwalds!
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                              I think next year this team might have 2-3 Dan Ringwalds!
                              I don't think they are waiting for next year
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Just saw this on Sacred Heart Hockey's Twitter:
                                ADVISORY: Tonight's game against RIT has been postponed until tomorrow at 3:30pm at the Milford Ice Pavilion.
                                https://twitter.com/shuhockey/status/690921545334681600

Edit: And RIT confirmed it.
                                Tonight's game @SHUHockey has been postponed due to inclement weather. It will be played tomorrow, Sunday, 1/24 at 3:30 p.m. #RIT #RITNews
                                https://twitter.com/ritmhky/status/690926878350270464
                                Last edited by mar7967; 01-23-2016, 10:19 AM.
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X