This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Short has 3 goals let in on only 15 shots...

RIT Hockey FB Group
    Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Anyone else at the game notice Foote (ref) getting extra buddy buddy with the Canisius players? A lot of butt-pats and smiley chit chat, especially with the goalie.
      Last edited by StimulisRK; 01-09-2016, 09:44 PM.

RIT Hockey FB Group
      Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

Interesting stat - this year RIT is 0-4 at home on Friday nights, 3-1-1 on Saturdays at home(counting the BG blue cross tie as a "home" game). Short had a bad weekend, but we still got a win. At least we are getting some good scoring from a mix of players. Valuenzuela is a shifty super quick little guy (well comparatively speakinh to other d-1 players). His toe drag fake shot to by pass the penalty killer and move in closer in the slot to snipe the third goal was real sweet.

Comment

Another pretty bad game by Short. He reminds me of Josh Watson in that he is big and has longggg legs, but he is positionally weak and extremely awkward post to post. Watson was infamous for giving up wrap-around goals and goals in general on plays starting behind the net. The same appears to be true with Short. He's got a WICKED glove hand, but it can't always bail him out. With a bit more time though if he learns to use his size better he could be a stud.

Outside of that, RIT played a lot better. Really kept their shots in check until the 3rd when RIT got into penalty trouble. Shumway saw his first action in what feels like forever and had 2 points (including the GWG), I also thought he played a solid if unspectacular game defensively. Also..Myles Powell has some serious wheels, and has quietly turned into quite a scorer, netting his 9th tonight...

Final thought, despite a horrible Friday effort we ended the weekend where we began, in 3rd place. Not going to complain about that!
          RIT

Comment

Kudos to Brad Shumway for getting the winning goal. He has been the odd man out on defense so many times that it is great to see him come through when he gets some playing time.
            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
            2010 Frozen Four participant
            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

When is Rotolo expected to be back in the lineup?
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                Watson was infamous for giving up wrap-around goals and goals in general on plays starting behind the net.
                I didn't think Watson played enough games for the Tigers to be "infamous" for much of anything.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  I didn't think Watson played enough games for the Tigers to be "infamous" for much of anything.
                  25 games, but it felt like a lifetime. Especially the year he was limply the starter for awhile. Let's all try to forget that year Watson and Ruby battled for the starting job...
                  RIT

Comment

25 games, but it felt like a lifetime. Especially the year he was limply the starter for awhile. Let's all try to forget that year Watson and Ruby battled for the starting job...
                    Ruby is now gold in my book
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                      Ruby is now gold in my book
                      Ruby turned a relatively average to mediocre RIT career into a great one with that playoff run.

Comment

He had some good games. I remember a 44 save effort in a tie at Niagara. RIT was badly outshot and he stole the point. I think he also shut out Bentley that year (2012-2013).

Comment

These forums are deaddddddddddddd this year for RIT fans, wow.

Obligatory "yay we won" post.
                          RIT

Comment

These forums are deaddddddddddddd this year for RIT fans, wow.

Obligatory "yay we won" post.
                            Agreed...guess we're all digesting yesterdays win. Also see much more posts on the TW***TER feed from both our fans and the Bentley fans. Glad Short got the win but has to be some concern about Rotolo, hope he is okay. I think tonight's game is a real important game, we shouldn't be happy with a weekend split as it would be nice to split with the Falcons on the regular season with two wins a piece after they swept us earlier this year. Standings are tight too, so it's important to hold our position. Also hoping for Army and Sacred Heart wins tonight.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                              Agreed...guess we're all digesting yesterdays win. Also see much more posts on the TW***TER feed from both our fans and the Bentley fans. Glad Short got the win but has to be some concern about Rotolo, hope he is okay. I think tonight's game is a real important game, we shouldn't be happy with a weekend split as it would be nice to split with the Falcons on the regular season with two wins a piece after they swept us earlier this year. Standings are tight too, so it's important to hold our position. Also hoping for Army and Sacred Heart wins tonight.
                              I think a lot of us are quieter this year than in prior years. That, or some posters have moved on.

Each point is so critical that getting wins is huge. RIT has played fairly well against Bentley, but only has a 1-2 record against them with all the wins on the road. Saturday has generally been the better game for the Tigers on a weekend. Hopefully that can continue so that they can maintain their standing.

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                                I think a lot of us are quieter this year than in prior years. That, or some posters have moved on.

Each point is so critical that getting wins is huge. RIT has played fairly well against Bentley, but only has a 1-2 record against them with all the wins on the road. Saturday has generally been the better game for the Tigers on a weekend. Hopefully that can continue so that they can maintain their standing.
                                Bentley had more energy on the ice tonight and there was some nice passed leading up to th error goal in the first
                                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Working...
                                X