This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>>>>>> RIT Tigers 2015-16 Regular season thread. On the prowl again

Yeah, they tried to get Hills to comment on it between periods and thankfully got absolutely nowhere with the question.
    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
    NCAA DII - 1983
    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
      Yeah, they tried to get Hills to comment on it between periods and thankfully got absolutely nowhere with the question.
      We decided that we were not going to ask that question. It's not really anyone's business other than to know that it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        We decided that we were not going to ask that question. It's not really anyone's business other than to know that it happened.

Great result today. Proud of the boys. Due to the early start I was able to listen to the entire game on WITR and then leave the house after the final whistle (didn't have time to hear post game comments) to drive to Tate and catch the UMass - Army game. Army could of easily won this game, they had some great chances down the stretch (as did UMass) however it was not to be with Army falling 2-1 just 22 seconds into overtime on the first UMass rush into the Army end.

Listening to our radio guys call the RIT game I was pleased with the RIT goal scorers, especially Cameron and Perron-Fontaine . While it is disappointing that we've lost our leading point scorer there is also real opportunity for a number of players to pick it up and fill the void that has been created. Who is going to grab the proverbial 'bull by the horns' and take advantage of the opportunities afforded them? The Tigers have been wounded however they will circle their wagons and their captains will keep them focused and they will continue to be a competitive team to watch and cheer for.
        Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-02-2016, 10:28 PM.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

I was very impressed last night by Perron-Fontaine as a forward. He scored a goal (and had a second disallowed). That fact that he was in the lineup as a forward while we had 2 other forwards healthy scratched makes me wonder if he's going to be seeing more time there...

It was nice to finally win a game where we shoot over 40 times, even though we still scored on less than 10% of those shots...it's an improvement nonetheless. A win tonight puts some distance between us and Mercyhurst.
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            I was very impressed last night by Perron-Fontaine as a forward. He scored a goal (and had a second disallowed). That fact that he was in the lineup as a forward while we had 2 other forwards healthy scratched makes me wonder if he's going to be seeing more time there...
            Mikowski's healthy? (and who was the other one?) That is baffling.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Also: 11 goals on the weekend. Are we shooting better or is Wildung just not as good as the other goalies we've faced?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                A team already struggling to put the puck in the net just lost their highest scorer. This might be a long season..
                The team's issue is mainly finishing chances (yesterday notwithstanding). He only had a couple goals. The Tigers have all sorts of assist potential on the team. They need finishers, of which he wasn't one. He's a good player and will surely be missed, but finishing chances shouldn't really suffer due to his absence.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                  Wow.
                  Unexpected. Battaglia responded to a tweet saying it had to do with academics.
                  Typically either a player feels like they are not getting enough playing time or there is a Academic issue. I think its the latter give that Goldberg was seeing plenty of ice time. Make you wonder if something was coming, but in fairness it better not to speculate further...

I think the leading Scorer talk is a bit over stated. He found the back of the net twice, was living off assists. That being said I am sad to see him go, was a good play maker out there. It's going to hurt not having him, but I think there are other guys that if they lost it would have been a bigger deal...

Bottom line, sad note of what was a nice weekend...
                  Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-04-2016, 12:07 PM.
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    The team's issue is mainly finishing chances (yesterday notwithstanding). He only had a couple goals. The Tigers have all sorts of assist potential on the team. They need finishers, of which he wasn't one. He's a good player and will surely be missed, but finishing chances shouldn't really suffer due to his absence.
                    Well yes...but a good playmaker can make anybody look like a sniper. Look what Joe Thornton did for Chechoo and Setoguchi...

Goldberg had some absolutely filthy dirty passes that led to easy goals. You don't get to the top of the points list on a team with no snipers unless you have a talent for setting up plays. Our ability to snipe goals is theoretically unchanged, but now our ability to set up plays for "easy" goals is diminished.

However, good results this weekend. Wildung is not very good, and Mercyhurst has been losing a lot more than they have been winning of late, but either way RIT needed the confidence and the points. Anyone heard anything more about Rotolo's injury? I'm not worried about having Short start, but I am worried about Nick Amato as our primary backup..
                    RIT

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      Also: 11 goals on the weekend. Are we shooting better or is Wildung just not as good as the other goalies we've faced?

Powers &8^]
                      RIT lit up Wildung last year. He is not that good.
                      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                      2010 Frozen Four participant
                      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                        RIT lit up Wildung last year. He is not that good.
                        I have to disagree a bit here. I games I saw could have been a lot worst if not for Wildung. One thing I have notice is that his 5 hole does leak sometimes. But side to side with his pads he is as good as anyone in the league. That save he made before Chase Norris's goal on Saturday could have been a game changer. Chase answering that save with a goal we big...
                        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                        The Mule
                        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                          I have to disagree a bit here. I games I saw could have been a lot worst if not for Wildung. One thing I have notice is that his 5 hole does leak sometimes. But side to side with his pads he is as good as anyone in the league. That save he made before Chase Norris's goal on Saturday could have been a game changer. Chase answering that save with a goal we big...
                          Wildung's play Saturday reminded me of a Sophmore Jordan Ruby. He was the only reason that Mercyhurst was still in it for the first half of the game. Then he gave up a goal or two that maybe he should have stopped and his confidence seemed to be on edge for the remainder of the game. Case in point, even though it was offsides, he did let that center ice shot get by him - it may have been deflected, but still...
                          Can't we all just get along?
                          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                            Case in point, even though it was offsides, he did let that center ice shot get by him - it may have been deflected, but still...
                            It's not fair to hold that center ice shot against him. I'm sure he was well aware of the play in front of him and the fact that it was offsides. That shot from center ice probably caught him off guard, yes, but understandably so. Not to take anything away from Brown's shot though - that was pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                              Typically either a player feels like they are not getting enough playing time or there is a Academic issue. I think its the latter give that Goldberg was seeing plenty of ice time. Make you wonder if something was coming, but in fairness it better not to speculate further...

I think the leading Scorer talk is a bit over stated. He found the back of the net twice, was living off assists. That being said I am sad to see him go, was a good play maker out there. It's going to hurt not having him, but I think there are other guys that if they lost it would have been a bigger deal...

Bottom line, sad note of what was a nice weekend...
                              I am sad to see him go but this is exactly why I love RIT. I am a huge fan of academics first, hockey second. I love when a university takes more pride in its colleges and not their athletics programs. RIT is not an easy school and not everyone is meant for college.

RIT would be ridiculously good if we had scholarships but I am sure academics would suffer heavily.
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post

RIT would be ridiculously good if we had scholarships but I am sure academics would suffer heavily.
                                Why academics suffer? Players would still have to pass the same academic requirements, scholarship or not.
                                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Working...
                                X