Providence College on the road to Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence College on the road to Tampa

Time to start an in season thread and hopefully end it in Tampa with back to back titles......great to be the defending champs

Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by satking View Post
    Time to start an in season thread and hopefully end it in Tampa with back to back titles......great to be the defending champs
    Thank you for starting the new thread. Hopefully another big season in store for our Friars.

Comment

Came out a little slow tonight and when SFU scored their opening goal, there was three freshmen in the ice and they just lost their coverage lanes. No chance for Ellis on it.

I thought Ellis was alright but left two massive rebounds during his 40 minutes. I thought Hawkey was pretty solid making a solid stop on a 2-1. We should see what Leaman does next weekend between the pipes.

Erik Foley was outstanding all night until he took that hard hit. I don't think he had another shift after that? His second goal was a beauty and showed off his good hands. He is going to be a pain in the butt for other hockey east teams since he is always right in front of the net.

Garrett Gamez looked like a solid 3-4 liner that will be able to be a replacement for Demo minutes on shorthanded time.

Lemos seems like a smaller Noel and is going to be a solid four year player.

Walman seemed to be more conscious about making smart offensive moves and continues with his development in a positive direction.

Still haven't seen enough from Hennessey, Rufo, Cromwell type group to see them getting many games this year. We all know Leaman loves Hennessey but I just don't see it.

Rooney should have scored 4-5 goals but was hit by the Chris Kelly disease of shooting at the glass too much.

Didn't see much out of Saracino or Tanev tonight.
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Came out a little slow tonight and when SFU scored their opening goal, there was three freshmen in the ice and they just lost their coverage lanes. No chance for Ellis on it.

I thought Ellis was alright but left two massive rebounds during his 40 minutes. I thought Hawkey was pretty solid making a solid stop on a 2-1. We should see what Leaman does next weekend between the pipes.

Erik Foley was outstanding all night until he took that hard hit. I don't think he had another shift after that? His second goal was a beauty and showed off his good hands. He is going to be a pain in the butt for other hockey east teams since he is always right in front of the net.

Garrett Gamez looked like a solid 3-4 liner that will be able to be a replacement for Demo minutes on shorthanded time.

Lemos seems like a smaller Noel and is going to be a solid four year player.

Walman seemed to be more conscious about making smart offensive moves and continues with his development in a positive direction.

Still haven't seen enough from Hennessey, Rufo, Cromwell type group to see them getting many games this year. We all know Leaman loves Hennessey but I just don't see it.

Rooney should have scored 4-5 goals but was hit by the Chris Kelly disease of shooting at the glass too much.

Didn't see much out of Saracino or Tanev tonight.
        Saracino had 3 assists in the game...

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
          Good catch...one of the assists was to Jankowski who took a wrist shot. The play wasn't really made by Saracino to set him up. The other one was on Walman's blast from the point and Mingoia's breakaway. Saracino finished the night even...

The second group of players behind the top line (Janko, Foley, and Mingola) will be key so the Tanev, Saracino, and Pinho's of the squad are the key this season.

Comment

This weeks podcast:

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/friar...-against-miami

Comment

@MarkDivver: As a precaution, Erik Foley of @FriarsHockey isn't making trip to @MiamiOH_Hockey this wknd. Hasn't practiced since high hit on Saturday.

Comment

If he was any good he'd have at least six.
                Providence College
                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Come now this is ZLAXs target get your own !!!!

Originally posted by Netman View Post
                  If he was any good he'd have at least six.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Comment

What do you expect from ExZlax?
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Now this is how to start a season, a repeat on Saturday and away we go !!!!! I am sure Zlax will point out our weak spots so I won't......go Friars

Comment

Nice win to start the season! 7-2 PC over Miami

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
                            Now this is how to start a season, a repeat on Saturday and away we go !!!!! I am sure Zlax will point out our weak spots so I won't......go Friars
                            Without seeing tape three goals allowed on 22 shots for a save percentage of .863 is worrisome...still better goaltending than PC got the last time we played them when PC's "All-American" goalie gave up five on 34 shots for an .852 save percentage. I wonder if PC plays Hawkey on Saturday night.

Looks like Janko and Mingola are on a mission this year which is good to see that Janko is living up to his high draft pick.
                            Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-09-2015, 11:11 PM.

Comment

First goal by Miami was a great setup...Not really anything Ellis can do there.

Second goal the guy just walked right down the slot...The defense needs to be better.

The third goal was a deflection.

None of them really stoppable.

Comment

Working...
                              X