Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
    Only have to go back to last year for the better part of the schedule
    PC would have won Hockey East last year if the offense was that good. How many 2-1 games did we lose?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Hawkey gets the start

Comment

Wasn't easy, but 6-0-1.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Win is a win...Nate was not happy with the officiating screaming at Whittemore according to the Colgate broadcaster as Colgate took a run at Walman at the buzzer and Jake buried the kid with a shoulder. We complain about Hockey East officiating all the time but the ECAC refs are much worse.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45
            We complain about Hockey East officiating all the time but the ECAC refs are much worse.
            Jon loves ECAC refs

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Jon loves ECAC refs
              I love them to stay in the ECAC.

-Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                I love them to stay in the ECAC.
                Great team defense, after Colgate got their third goal the friars just shut them down, great puck possession with the lead and the game on the line.
                Walkman playing like a Hobey Baker candidate.

Comment

PC will move up to #2 in the ranking this week. Hawkey played ok, not great, but Colgate didn't test him that much. It was smart to give him ice time before the HE schedule begins as it should pay some dividends down the road if Ellis gets hurt or falters. That being said, Ellis should definitely be the No. 1 goalie. He always played solid as Gillies' back-up even in limited action, and has played well this year. After waiting two year to crack the line-up, it mu be tough to have a highly touted and drafted recruit nipping at his heels, but the competition should keep them both sharp. PC is looking like the New England Patriots of college hockey. Just a little hyperbole, but its been a long time coming.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    PC is looking like the New England Patriots of college hockey. .
                    except PC doesn't cheat

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                      PC will move up to #2 in the ranking this week. Hawkey played ok, not great, but Colgate didn't test him that much. It was smart to give him ice time before the HE schedule begins as it should pay some dividends down the road if Ellis gets hurt or falters. That being said, Ellis should definitely be the No. 1 goalie. He always played solid as Gillies' back-up even in limited action, and has played well this year. After waiting two year to crack the line-up, it mu be tough to have a highly touted and drafted recruit nipping at his heels, but the competition should keep them both sharp. PC is looking like the New England Patriots of college hockey. Just a little hyperbole, but its been a long time coming.
                      The question is...Does a 20 year old drafted goalie wait 2 years for his time to play? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        except PC doesn't cheat
                        They cheat a ton on faceoffs....they must hold the record for guys getting thrown out of the faceoff circle ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          except PC doesn't cheat
                          Do I sense a jealous post

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            The question is...Does a 20 year old drafted goalie wait 2 years for his time to play? I doubt it.
                            He will do what the parent club wants him to do.....do you think Gillies wanted to stay as long as he did ??? It is all future money

Comment

• Originally posted by satking View Post
                              He will do what the parent club wants him to do.....do you think Gillies wanted to stay as long as he did ??? It is all future money
                              Exactly...I would think playing time for a 20 year old draft pick is important to the Canadiens
                              Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-01-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by satking View Post
                                Wasn't Gillies an 18 year old freshman? Hawkey is already 20 and will be older than Gillies was in the title game this April.

Comment

Working...
                                X