Providence College on the road to Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Feeling weirdly okay about this weekend even after the OSU series was closer than I was comfortable with. Does anyone remember our hideous record on the road against ECAC teams prior to Leaman? Reading the Colgate thread, this is a big weekend for them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Lame comment on my part. Just to be more Jon -like, I feel like Nate Leaman has embraced his inner Roboshark. There you go.

The ECAC thing goes back when I first started following this team and they would inevitably lose on the road to pretty much everyone in the ECAC (ESPECIALLY Brown) through either incompetence, horrid officiating or both. I remember the reffing was so bad up at Saint Lawrence that people were apologizing to us after the game. I'm glad that Nate Leaman's teams are not as fragile as what we dealt with during the Pooley and Army era. One bad penalty and the wheels came off. Just the fact we can win in Orono is bloody amazing.

Colgate is good. Between the fact that we have to lose eventually and that is Parent's Weekend there leads me to believe that maybe we split. Hoping we can keep this up a bit longer.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        Lame comment on my part. Just to be more Jon -like, I feel like Nate Leaman has embraced his inner Roboshark. There you go.

The ECAC thing goes back when I first started following this team and they would inevitably lose on the road to pretty much everyone in the ECAC (ESPECIALLY Brown) through either incompetence, horrid officiating or both. I remember the reffing was so bad up at Saint Lawrence that people were apologizing to us after the game. I'm glad that Nate Leaman's teams are not as fragile as what we dealt with during the Pooley and Army era. One bad penalty and the wheels came off. Just the fact we can win in Orono is bloody amazing.

Colgate is good. Between the fact that we have to lose eventually and that is Parent's Weekend there leads me to believe that maybe we split. Hoping we can keep this up a bit longer.
        Northeastern badly outshot Colgate this year and we know Northeastern is terrible
        Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-30-2015, 04:57 PM.
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Northeastern badly outshot Colgate this year and we know Northeastern is terrible
          That or Bentley is super awesome.

-Blackadder
          -Casablanca
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

This looks like a varsity/JV game
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

7-2 final..Walman got his hat trick, Tait scored two, Ellis wasn't tested by Colgate at all, Hawkey played roughly the last ten minutes and was good as he was tested more.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                7-2 final..Walman got his hat trick, Tait scored two, Ellis wasn't tested by Colgate at all, Hawkey played roughly the last ten minutes and was good as he was tested more.
                Pinho had 4 points, Gamez scored, Foley scored... That is some crazy depth.

-Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Jon its sweep mode not split time !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    Gamez didn't score but it is crazy that the top line last night only had one point (Jankowski on a pp assist) and Colgate was still dominated. Saracino had three assists also on the evening.

Does Hawkey get the start tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      Remember when PC had no offense? Just saying...

Comment

• Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        Remember when PC had no offense? Just saying...
                        Only have to go back to last year for the better part of the schedule

Comment

Does anyone have any info on Florentino or Ruggerio?

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                            Does anyone have any info on Florentino or Ruggerio?
                            Healthy scratches.

Comment

• Anyone remember a Friar defenseman have a hat trick. I kind of suspect Ronnie Wilson would be the last 40 years ago
                              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                                Anyone remember a Friar defenseman have a hat trick. I kind of suspect Ronnie Wilson would be the last 40 years ago
                                Have we ever had a better group of defensemen? Maybe when Stephen Wood, Regan Kelly and "Darth" Platt were here?

Leaman should win Nobel Prize.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X