Providence College on the road to Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    I was referring to before the game specifically and my own situation where I have a beer before the game. Often times young kids watch the warmup from my seats and I'll usually finish my beer then sit in the upper level near the FOF room and watch the first period or even the game from there. I don't like giving the boot to kids who want to watch the game closer to the glass. They are the next generation of fans and I want them to get hooked on the sports at an early age like I did.
    In general I don't think PC hockey draws a huge season ticket fan base despite last year and most games are not sold out unless they are playing one of the usual rivals.
    I think there is a bunch of PC fans that watch the game from up there...looked up their in the middle of the second and there are fans still up there
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Re: Providence College on the road to Tampa

Often times young kids watch the warmup from my seats and I'll usually finish my beer then sit in the upper level near the FOF room and watch the first period or even the game from there. I don't like giving the boot to kids who want to watch the game closer to the glass. They are the next generation of fans and I want them to get hooked on the sports at an early age like I did.
      both thumbs up to you brother, that's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        both thumbs up to you brother, that's awesome
        He's just afraid the kids will beat him up!
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

man, what has happened with the women's program?
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This thread been's pretty lame so far this year considering we're the defending national champs and currently ranked 3rd

Comment

There's about 1500-2000 loyal hard core PC hockey fans, who have been there through bad years and good and we may have to accept the fact that Providence, and RI in general, is never going to be a college hockey town. That used to bother me, but it doesn't any more. For the students who don't bother to walk across campus to get to Schneider , or who leave before the third period, as well as for the pro hockey fans in RI who follow the Bruins or P-Bruins, but are oblivious to the great game (and bargain) that college hockey is, it's their loss. I got hooked on hockey as a kid and was a huge fans of the New Haven Blades of the now long-defunct Eastern Hockey League (glory years 1963-1970. Teams included the Clinton Comets, Johnstown Jets, Syracuse Blazers, Long Island Ducks, and New Jersey Devils). First started going to PC hockey games in 1974. That was my first exposure to college hockey and I loved it. Lamoriello had some really good teams, and I still think Ron Wilson was one of the greatest hockey players I ever saw, college or pro. But PC has had alot of great hockey players through the years. I've never understood the fascination at the school with BBall. So I've been watching PC hockey for 41 years now, and when they raised the national championship banner I had tears in my eyes, for it was truly a great moment for all the great players in the program over the many decades.

Go PC. And I think this year's team has a great chance to repeat. Great depth, excellent goaltending. Jake Walman is a player to watch, Erik Foley has mad skills for a freshman.

Comment

Yea, Foley is an absolute stud but hasn't gotten the puck in the net yet.

Walman might be the best offensive dman at PC since Gaudreau. Kid is absolutely flying up the ice and has a great shot.

It seems like Jankowski has finalized recognized his reach and using his skill level better,

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                  man, what has happened with the women's program?
                  Same thing that happened with UNH, BC and BU started to support/start their programs.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon View Post
                    There's about 1500-2000 loyal hard core PC hockey fans, who have been there through bad years and good and we may have to accept the fact that Providence, and RI in general, is never going to be a college hockey town. That used to bother me, but it doesn't any more. For the students who don't bother to walk across campus to get to Schneider , or who leave before the third period, as well as for the pro hockey fans in RI who follow the Bruins or P-Bruins, but are oblivious to the great game (and bargain) that college hockey is, it's their loss. I got hooked on hockey as a kid and was a huge fans of the New Haven Blades of the now long-defunct Eastern Hockey League (glory years 1963-1970. Teams included the Clinton Comets, Johnstown Jets, Syracuse Blazers, Long Island Ducks, and New Jersey Devils). First started going to PC hockey games in 1974. That was my first exposure to college hockey and I loved it. Lamoriello had some really good teams, and I still think Ron Wilson was one of the greatest hockey players I ever saw, college or pro. But PC has had alot of great hockey players through the years. I've never understood the fascination at the school with BBall. So I've been watching PC hockey for 41 years now, and when they raised the national championship banner I had tears in my eyes, for it was truly a great moment for all the great players in the program over the many decades.

Go PC. And I think this year's team has a great chance to repeat. Great depth, excellent goaltending. Jake Walman is a player to watch, Erik Foley has mad skills for a freshman.
                    I could not have said it better. I do remember good student support in the first half of the eighties when I started to attend regularly. Of course students had to buy a ticket then, and so they had some skin in the game. It was a hot ticket for awhile.

You weren't the only one feeling the moment when the banner was raised.

Comment

As an ex season ticket holder who because of age can't drive the 50 min to attend all the games I was proud to see the banner go up even if PC would not sell me a single game ticket and told me NO single tickets would be sold.....if I wanted to go to the game I would have to buy a season ticket......that told me all I needed to hear about the new and ?improved hockey club.......no single tickets and the bar is open all game long, money is all that counts at PC just like the NCAA, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by satking View Post
                        As an ex season ticket holder who because of age can't drive the 50 min to attend all the games I was proud to see the banner go up even if PC would not sell me a single game ticket and told me NO single tickets would be sold.....if I wanted to go to the game I would have to buy a season ticket......that told me all I needed to hear about the new and ?improved hockey club.......no single tickets and the bar is open all game long, money is all that counts at PC just like the NCAA, what a shame
                        We all know you would have been in your seat for the entire game especially with how tight that HC game was

Comment

I did get a ticket for that game from a friend who was away so I went and did stay for the whole game and the players salute as I always did......age has stopped me from going to more games and night driving is a trip all its own !!!!

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          We all know you would have been in your seat for the entire game especially with how tight that HC game was

Comment

True!!!

Comment

True!!!
                              I have no idea why PC would not sell a single ticket to banner raising game or any game.
                              P C should charge the students for the premium games at least. Would still sell out Schneider , and there would no pseudo fans leaving after the second period.
                              Probably would be best to close FOF room between periods.

Comment

I was checking out the tickets for this weekend series at Colgate...nice to see PC is now a premium opponent and teams charging higher rates to see them

Comment

Working...
                                X